Raichu/Golbat

josie0001

The Daddiest Dad Ever
After a post by @Jambsz in the "Florida Regionals" thread, I decided to reverse engineer a Raichu/Golbat deck, which was recently piloted to a 29th place finish by Matthew Brower at Florida Regionals this past weekend.

Pokemon - 20
4 Pikachu
4 Raichu
4 Zubat
4 Golbat
3 Shaymin EX
1 Mew EX

Trainers - 36
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Teammates

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 Puzzle Of Time
3 Level Ball
2 Devolution Spray
2 Super Rod
1 Special Charge

4 Sky Field

Energy - 4
4 Double Colorless Energy

Notes on the 'Mons:
I haven't tested enough to know whether 3 Golbat would work just a well as 4; I suspect it would but I also feel like I would miss that extra 20 damage here and there.

Usually I only ever play 2 Shays, but I feel like consistency and pure aggression are key with this deck, so I feel like 3 would work best.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Mew EX is a two prize attacker, but there's literally no other way I can think of to deal with M Mewtwo. It also gives us an out against Glaceon/Plume Box.

Notes on the Supporters:
I typically run a 3-3 Sycamore/N split because it fits my playstyle a bit more, but this deck needs to fly, which also explains the single Lysandre - we really don't want to draw into Lysandre as he's ideally chilling in our discard pile waiting to be VS Seekered in the late game. Teammates is just too good in this kind of deck because of its flexibility; it can get a stadium and a DCE to power an another attack or two Puzzles to recover whatever we want.

No Karen because unless we're playing Vespiquen, she'll almost never win you a game (IMO).

Notes on the items:
I REALLY want more Sprays but I feel like it would wreck consistency.

I also want a 4th Level Ball but space.

2 Super Rods because we're not playing Karen.

61st Cards:
Evosoda, because it's instant Pokemon retrieval without having to use a Ball, so we can save those resources in case we get hit with a Parallel City.

Pokemon Ranger, because Girtina is deadly and Glaceon can still pose serious problems.

Bursting Balloons, because of the extra damage, but where the heck would you put them?

So that's the list so far. Thought? Reactions? Does this deck really have potential or was it just a fluke? From my limited testing so far, I think it's a bit more consistent than Full Retaliation Gyrados, and the ability hit Yveltal, Mega Ray, AND Shay for weakness in the current meta is pretty darn good.

Matthew Brower has posted his list and a review online, so you can look it up pretty easily. Interesting 1-1 Banette tech included, in order to combat the extra numbers needed when an EX is wearing a Fighting Fury Belt/slowing down Megas by blocking their spirit links.

Back