M Scizor-EX

Fire decks are a problem but you want spirit links on your scizor ex's so weakness policy doesn't really help and garbodor has done me wonders!

The point is to use weavile ability to allow you to swap tools. Meaning after mega evolution. Pull the tool off and then put on weakness policy to prevent the weakness hit.

Atm I haven't really needed to use garbodor. Seems almost a waste of space most of the time.

The point is to use weavile ability to allow you to swap tools. Meaning after mega evolution. Pull the tool off and then put on weakness policy to prevent the weakness hit.

Atm I haven't really needed to use garbodor. Seems almost a waste of space most of the time.

Really, whether or not people use Garbodor hinges largely on how scared people are of Greninja and Volcanion. They are two decks that will sneak in and destroy you entirely if you're not equipped to deal with them directly, but since you're weak against Volcanion when using Scizor anyway, you've already lost half of your reason for using Garbodor.

I think that I would be fine with playing 3 Hexes. I know that it is too much, but I would totally do it if I wasn't going to play Garbodor. I do think he is a bit slow to set up and really you should be using all of your focus in getting your Scizor line ready first than Garbodor. I love the idea of Pokemon Center Lady because she can help you get the KO first before your opponent does when you guys are exchanging blows for blows. I want to add weakness policy to my deck, but I feel like it is clunky and I would rather have a spirit link on my Scizor instead. I just want to have a better chance against Volcanion when the game matters.
3 Hexes is too much. Do you have any copies of VS Seeker? That would then allow you to afford to discard it, because you can then pull it out of your discard whenever needed. Honestly, Garbodor is best for this deck. I used this at an Expanded tournament last Sunday, and I had 2 Greninja players scoop the turn after I got out Garb. I think its just because I've been playing the deck for so long, but I have no trouble getting a turn 2 MScizor and a turn 2/3 Garbodor with Float Stone. So seriously consider Garb, he may seem clunky at first, but after you have streamlined your deck list he becomes second nature really.

Ive noticed, though it is still the beginning of the season, m scizor hasnt been making it far in most of the tournaments that have recently happened, and even in orlando that jus5

Ive noticed, though it is still the beginning of the season, m scizor hasnt been making it far in most of the tournaments that have recently happened, and even in orlando that jus5

It's because, on top of its weakness to the popular Volcanion and its Fire typing, it has no means of dispatching the main attackers of most decks quickly. Not many types are weak to Steel, and 120 is a bad number to hit for, just falling short of OHKOing common attackers such as Greninja and baby Volcanion. Hitting for only 120 also means that bulky EX decks will have at least one turn to deal as much damage as possible to it, or even Stadium -> Lysandre -> Damage Change into a Shaymin to set back your progress. Couple all that with the unreliability of Crushing Hammer, and you have a deck that struggles to get off the ground and hold the opponent back.

It's because, on top of its weakness to the popular Volcanion and its Fire typing, it has no means of dispatching the main attackers of most decks quickly. Not many types are weak to Steel, and 120 is a bad number to hit for, just falling short of OHKOing common attackers such as Greninja and baby Volcanion. Hitting for only 120 also means that bulky EX decks will have at least one turn to deal as much damage as possible to it, or even Stadium -> Lysandre -> Damage Change into a Shaymin to set back your progress. Couple all that with the unreliability of Crushing Hammer, and you have a deck that struggles to get off the ground and hold the opponent back.

I've made exactly this experience while playing with Scizor quite a bit now... You will fall behind almost all of the time and if you managed your resources well, you sometimes have a chance for a comeback (Cobalion and N are crucial parts of that for me).

Back