New 'Sun & Moon' Anime Trailer, Updated Character Models for Team Rocket Too

Ash just keeps getting younger. I wish they would just ditch him already. Each new generation should have a new main characters. Ash should be older than me right now.

It's just a theory of mine, but they might exempt the main protags from the anime and TCG because they want it to feel like you who is playing the game, not you playing as someone else. Might explain why their appearances as individual identities is limited. (Of course with customization this holds less weight, but who knows)

From this clip I just remembered, they haven't revealed the fossil pokemon of this gen have they? Will there even be fossil pokemon?

I have a simple explanation for all of this

This is the separate storyline where Ash kept the GS ball. That way, Ash has a celebi
Thus, Ash can time travel and become younger.
:)

Is it just me or does Ash get younger every new region lol,
this new way of the anime seems fun and mire child oriented which i don't mind but....
.....this makes the possibility of a serious fight ash might have way less now.....Ash vs Paul still the best fight ever XD

Definitely seeing some inspiration fron Yo-kai Watch here... is it bad? Eeeeehhhhh. Iffy?

Regardless, you cant deny that this new style and storyline is definitely refreshing. Its new, just like the direction Sun and Moon are going in, and its what Pokemon as a whole needed as far as keeping it interesting. Im glad they are deviating from their usual same-old-same-old repetitiveness.

I personally think the style overall is very cute! I can tell they are trying to keep up with the new booming Yo-kai, we'll just have to see where it goes from there. I know its not the anime we were initially hoping for (being aimed more towards adults and all), but we DID get Origins, Strongest Mega, and now Generations shorts to help keep us older fans at bay. The original Pokemon anime was never really meant for us, its meant for the kids mainly, and while we may still enjoy it, we cant criticize it as we would an adult anime.

Still, we really dont know enough about it until we see an episode at least! Only time will tell.

X & Y was actually one of the good Pokemon anime series and now Nintendo, thinking that he has become too cool, has made him really stupid, stupid enough to attend a Pokemon, even though this is the 7th region (8th if you include the Orange Islands) he has been too. Ash has awesome Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, Noivern, Krookodile, Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Gliscor, Sceptile, Glalie and Snorlax, and yet he's being sent to school. It make so sense.

What makes even less sense is the fact they're still making this anime when they could be doing an anime similar to the Black/White 2 trailer, The ORAS trailer, Pokemon Origins and Pokemon Generations. If they did that, they would gain so many more viewers.

Based on what I've seen so far, I probably won't be watching this.

(Sorry for my rant) :(

It's refreshing, but for us old farts, it's a shame to lose the positive progress Ash made in XY(Z). Those who played the original games and watched the 1st series aren't teenagers anymore.

It's refreshing, but for us old farts, it's a shame to lose the positive progress Ash made in XY(Z). Those who played the original games and watched the 1st series aren't teenagers anymore.

Yes, this is why I don't enjoy watching the anime anymore.. If you grew up watching Kanto & Johto seasons, well, it's a little weird to see Ash going to school 17 years later..

Really do like the short Generations episodes tho!

The main reason the anime frustrates me is that it's always pretty much the same. I'm still only on Kalos Quest and I'm kind of enjoying it, but yeah, it's just not the same. The gimmicks like "The future is now thanks to science!" and Team Rocket STILL trying to catch Pikachu are just annoying to me now, as did Iris in the BW anime. Obviously I watched the original when I was 10 or something when it was first coming out, so I'm not going to react the same way now, but I just wish they'd do something a little darker and deeper for the older fans. I know the films are sometimes a little darker - Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction was quite dark towards the end - but they still could do so much more with the anime, and they just don't.

I guess primarily they're producing the anime for children, and that's not going to change.

The show is designed as a hook for really young kids. It's not intended to be watched for longer than 1 or 2 generations. It would be nice if they made a whole series featuring a closer canon to the games and not featuring Ash, but we'll have to live with Pokemon the Origin and Pokemon Generations.

I think at this point they may as well starting deliberately retconning his history every generation (so that 2 generations ago never happens). Let his encounters with Pikachu, Charizard, Brock, Misty, and Prof. Oak remain forever, and everything else just gets erased.

Last edited:
It sucks that ash will never get to grow and mature and us OG fans will never have the pokemon series cater to us, other than generations and origin, but thats how things work. They've decided that 20 plus years of kids media is what works, and frankly it has. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Back