Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

(Thank you stef ^^)

You're right in that it could be a gen 6 hack, but that is a LOT of effort to put in for just a couple of leaks. And it wouldn't be the first time a tester leaked info based off the beta version of the game. Persian mainly being a simple recolor almost gives it more credibility, since that's honestly all Alolan Meowth is.

Wait and see is still the name of the game for me.

I think this is a hack, look at this trailer minute 2:03
you can see the Pokémon summary is different

(Thank you stef ^^)

You're right in that it could be a gen 6 hack, but that is a LOT of effort to put in for just a couple of leaks. And it wouldn't be the first time a tester leaked info based off the beta version of the game. Persian mainly being a simple recolor almost gives it more credibility, since that's honestly all Alolan Meowth is.

Wait and see is still the name of the game for me.

Except Alolan Meowth also had a different pose. Persian's and Mantine's are the XYORAS's pose.

There's also this one:

1476451357870_by_steffenka-dal2gmf.jpg
New Fakes:

alolan-cubone.png

alolan-persian2.png

alolan-persian.png

alolan-mantine.png

alolan-jigglypuff.jpg

~Added pictures instead of link - Steffenka~

Good lord I sincerely hope that Jigglypuff is a fake.

I REALLY love the Alolan Mantine idea, though. The Persian is very bland however, I feel like they would have had to do at least a little something else to differentiate it besides color. So far, none of the Alolan forms have just been plain recolors. Meowth didnt just have color, but the face and whiskers and overall stature are entirely different, I feel like they would at least try to bring some of this over to Persian.

I DO like the idea of Alolan Cubone though, and if there WAS an A-Cubone, it would debunk any belief that there are no Alolan preforms of the ones shown! (like Cubone, Pikachu, Exeggcute, etc) I still dont think it makes any sense for them to exclude preforms, especially poster child Pikachu, but I suppose its Pokemon and they'll do whatever they want.

Definitely disappointed in the non-fire type Grimer, feel like they missed a good opportunity there. Maybe they can redeem it though with Koffing/Weezing.

Definitely disappointed in the non-fire type Grimer, feel like they missed a good opportunity there. Maybe they can redeem it though with Koffing/Weezing.
I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be happening. Grimer and Muk retaining their Poison typing/not becoming lava or purified is most likely because their species name doesn't change. It's still the Sludge Pokémon while Koffing/Weezing are the Poison Pokémon. They're types and moves may change but not what they fundamentally are.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be happening. Grimer and Muk retaining their Poison typing/not becoming lava or purified is most likely because their species name doesn't change. It's still the Sludge Pokémon while Koffing/Weezing are the Poison Pokémon. They're types and moves may change but not what they fundamentally are.

That's something I hadn't thought of. But Sandshrew and sandslash are now ice instead of ground, so maybe we can't treat the names as proof that a pokemon won't radically change their type.
Species, perhaps, and it would make sense (sandshrew/sandslash are still the "mouse" pokemon, which is nicely generic), but it seems like names won't stop them from making alola forms with different types.

That said, I do hope they aren't real; cubone is mini-marowak, persian is a recolor, mantine seems basically stunfisk and anyone but koffing could use a retyping; they already did grimer, they can give the chance to a different line that isn't the other poison-type two-stage line of the generation.

And the less said about that jigglypuff-like monstrosity the better.

Changelog 10/18:

- Based on the video of 'Alolan Mantine', added it, the Cubone, Persian*, and Jigglynightmare to the fake screenshot section.

*Demo files revealed that Alola Persian is a thing, but no one is posting pictures for legal reasons. If it turns out this is real, I'll remove it.

Last edited:
I was wondering why no sites were revealing the leaks, then I realized that all the main webmasters have their hands tied with TPCi legality lol. :|

Are we allowed to talk about them, or no?

Just in case (spoilers):
WHAT did they DO to PERSIAN and WHY? Id have rathered the fake recolor. ;_;

I feel like they really missed out on opportunities to "revamp" older pokemon? Assuming that this is the full list of everything, they didnt pick anything popular in particular. The only really good ones were the first few they revealed, being Ninetales, Sandslash, and then Marowak. I feel like it would have been really need to see a "revamped" Alolan Gyarados (like a saltwater version?) Or an Alolan water/rock Rhydon, to explain why it can learn Surf? I dont know, I just feel like they could have done a little more with the new forms. Or maybe a little less. Persian.
Aside from the first 3, I feel like they just added hair and mustaches here and there and called it an Alolan form. Excuse my butthurt, Im just a little disappointed I guess at the thought of what it could have been.

How is no one talking about the starters! They've finally been confirmed. I feel so special, being in that 1% that believed them since the start :) While their names haven't yet been revealed, their designs are pretty much the same thing as the concept art suggested. I don't know about any of you, but I'm really hyped for this game now, it's driving me CRAZY!

How is no one talking about the starters! They've finally been confirmed. I feel so special, being in that 1% that believed them since the start :) While their names haven't yet been revealed, their designs are pretty much the same thing as the concept art suggested. I don't know about any of you, but I'm really hyped for this game now, it's driving me CRAZY!
Well to be fair, the day Mallow was revealed solidified that those drawing were legit.

Well to be fair, the day Mallow was revealed solidified that those drawing were legit.
True, but don't forget how many people still refused to believe they were real even after that. There's no way to deny it now. They HAVE to accept it. Sure they were legitimized almost 3 months ago, but many people still weren't sold on the idea, or were in denial.

True, but don't forget how many people still refused to believe they were real even after that. There's no way to deny it now. They HAVE to accept it. Sure they were legitimized almost 3 months ago, but many people still weren't sold on the idea, or were in denial.
Their denial was so pathetic, I have no idea how you could possibly disregard Mallow who was the sole reason they were legitimized in the first place.

Their denial was so pathetic, I have no idea how you could possibly disregard Mallow who was the sole reason they were legitimized in the first place.

Hope is the last thing you lose.

There's no need to call it pathetic, though. There was still a chance mallow was the real leak over the evolutions; besides, hope goes both ways.

Even now, with the whole pokedex revealed, I'm holding on hope there's more than that because... ugh, those things. There has to be something else. I know I'm probably wrong, but still. There has to be more.

Hope is the last thing you lose.

There's no need to call it pathetic, though. There was still a chance mallow was the real leak over the evolutions; besides, hope goes both ways.

Even now, with the whole pokedex revealed, I'm holding on hope there's more than that because... ugh, those things. There has to be something else. I know I'm probably wrong, but still. There has to be more.

I was one of those people, unfortunately. I just couldnt click with them, and still cant, but its starting ever so slightly to grow on me. :/
Im honestly not typically one to be negative about new gen starters, or new Pokemon in general. I just couldnt attach to but a handful of Pokemon for this gen. Im disappointed mainly with how most of the Alolan forms came out, as the only "good" ones were the first few revealed and everything after that was very questionable. I feel like they missed a GREAT opportunity to "revamp" a better selection of Kanto pokemon.

Side note... Ultra Beasts get shiny forms? Say whaa..?

With regards to the starters, they were concept art. There were likely many different iterations during that phase and for all we knew they could have ended up a rejected concept. Always healthy to keep a bit of scepticism.

But now the long wait to finding out names and types.

With regards to the starters, they were concept art. There were likely many different iterations during that phase and for all we knew they could have ended up a rejected concept. Always healthy to keep a bit of scepticism.

But now the long wait to finding out names and types.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the concept art leaked as anime concept art (rather than just regular art)?
Because if so, the actual designs would likely been finalised at that point. (or at the very least, very close to being finalised)

In terms of typings, I'm just really hoping Wrestler Cat is Fire/Dark. Mermaid Seal I'll be happy with whatever (although Water/Fairy would be nice), and I'm just gonna assume Archer Owl remains Grass/Flying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the concept art leaked as anime concept art (rather than just regular art)?
Because if so, the actual designs would likely been finalised at that point. (or at the very least, very close to being finalised)

In terms of typings, I'm just really hoping Wrestler Cat is Fire/Dark. Mermaid Seal I'll be happy with whatever (although Water/Fairy would be nice), and I'm just gonna assume Archer Owl remains Grass/Flying.

It's possible, the artwork was very out of the blue. China will be getting gen 8 two months later than the rest of the world now.

I assume those are the types too, it's a good selection.

I witnessed this exact debate on another forum and honestly we can't say what GF will and won't do. Did we ever expect evolution beyond the third stage? Gendered legendaries? Z-moves? GF likes to break the "rules" and I wouldn't be surprised if we got some common "pre-evolution" for Solgaleo and Lunala.

Ok I was initially sceptical about this rumour (and I have no idea if the leak was proven fake or not) but thanks to the datamine we have something that could actually point to this.
Basically, in the Pokedex, there's a cloud puff and next to it is a sphere with a golden ring around it. They have the same colour scheme as Solgaleo and Lunala's heads (the purple/blue starry pattern). A lot of people assumed that one would evolve into Lunala and the other into Solgaleo, but in the dex order it goes Cloud Puff to Sphere With Ring then Solgaleo then Lunala - which wouldn't work if they were two different evolutionary families. However, it would work if Sphere With Ring could evolve into either Solgaleo OR Lunala (with Cloud Puff being the base form).
Of course we don't have any more info so we can't make any full judgements but it does look like it could be a real possibility now.

Back