Help Aegislash's IVs

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there.

I've decided to breed an Honedge with perfect IVs for a team I planned. It'll be a Brave natured, mixed attacker (don't ask me why). The parents have:
Female: 31/31/31/31/31/0 (I'd use this one but I specifically wanted a male one)
Male: 31/31/31/31/31/x (I won't use this one either for the team bc it didn't hatch in the game I wanted it to)

So, my question is:
Since I probably won't have much patience to hatch another 31/31/31/31/31/0, I want to know if I should keep the 0 Speed IV and let one of the other IVs be imperfect (I was thinking either the Def or Sp.Def one), or if having a 0 speed IV isn't really that important.

PS: I would have asked this in the simple questions thread but it is locked for some reason...

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
The way I see it, it is best to have a perfect set of IV's, but if you don't have the time to get one, you should be aware of what you are missing and what you gain from keeping the speed IV's as they are. For example:

It would be important to realize that Aegislash with even 1 Speed IV won't be able to outspeed Trick Room Jellicent after Trick Room. However, before Trick Room, assuming your opponent does have 0 IV's on their Jellicent, you can be sure that your Aegislash would outspeed, whereas 0 IV's Aegislash has only 50% chance to outspeed Jellicent (Speed tie).

For this reason, make sure you know exactly what the IV's are, and from there, try to be aware of what they can or can't do for you.
(I'm assuming you play in the VGC format, so that's why I brought Trick Room Jellicent as an example).

Same goes for the Defense/Special Defense IV's :)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the answer. I decided to keep the 0 Speed IV. I managed to breed an Honedge with 31/31/31/31/27/0 IVs which is fine for me.