• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde EX/Machamp EX Deck

Sonkyhaner

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (17)
(3) (Zygarde EX) (FC)
(2) (Machamp EX) (AO)
(2) (Regirock EX) (FC)
(2) (Carbink) (50/124) (FC)
(2) (Carbink Break) (FC)
(2) (Spinarak) (AO)
(2) (Ariados) (AO)
(1) (Shaymin EX) (RS)
(1) (Zygarde (50%)) (FC)

Trainers (31)

Supporters (8)
(4) (Prof. Sycamore)
(2) (N)
(1) (Lysandre)
(1) (Ninja Boy)

Items (15)
(4) (Trainers' Mail)
(4) (Vs Seeker)
(3) (Ultra Ball)
(2) (Level Ball)
(1) (Heavy Ball)
(1) (Escape Rope)

Tools (6)
(3) (Fighting Fury Belt)
(2) (Float Stone)
(1) (Power Memory)

Stadium (2)
(2) (Scorched Earth)

Energy (12)
(8) (Fighting Energy) - (Basic)
(4) (Strong Energy) - (Special)

Please do give suggestions for improvements :)

I've played a Machamp-Ariados deck in the past and I now play a Zygarde-Carbink deck now. Following are a few comments for your consideration:
  • Heavy Boots is an excellent Tool to attach to Machamp EX, more so than Fighting Fury Belt, IMO. Heavy Boots will allow Machamp EX to use its Steaming Mad attack without becoming Confused afterwards.
  • Most of your Pokémon have "heavy" a Retreat Cost. Chances are at some point, your 1 Escape Rope and 2 Float Stone may not prove sufficient; so, I'd suggest replacing 1 of your Trainer's Mail with an Olympia which can be reused via VS Seeker for switching an unwanted active Pokémon back to the bench.
  • A Skyla would be very helpful too in accessing needed Trainer(s).
  • Should you choose to only run 2 Stadium, then consider running a Delinquent which will at least help keep you "even" with opponents who will most likely run 3-4 Stadium. Furthermore, without running Parallel City, your match-ups against decks (that need large benches) like M Rayquaza EX and Rainbow Force will be very difficult, IMO.
Suggested deck changes:
-1 Zygarde - not that useful
-2 Fighting Fury Belt
-1 Float Stone
-1 Heavy Ball

+2 Heavy Boots
+1 Olympia
+1 Skyla
+1 Ultra Ball - additional Pokémon search and/or energy discard capability

Lastly, I've found Regirock EX not to be that helpful in the the long run. The meager damage boost just did not outweigh all of its inherent shortcomings.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

i see where you are coming from with the heavy boots, but to be honest. most of the time i have ariados set up, and the times i use steaming mad is usually if i am not set up and i am hurt baddly (going to die next turn) so it does not matter, not in one of my games have i used steaming mad for anything other than that. the fighting fury belt helps tremendosly aswell because the 40+ makes it harder to one hit, therefore i can use steaming mad.

i agree with the olympia, because when i use my escape rope i usually cannot get attacking pokemon out of the active since i usually have a fighting fury belt attached to it.

paralell city could be a good thing to have , but i will have to look into it (farelly new player, don't have many cards)

i kind of disagree on the regirocks, they have in most games tipped me over the top with damage i need to K.O with zygarde, not nececcary with machamp tho, and then i don't prioritize getting regitocks on the bench. but i can understand the disaproval, i have a pretty full bench after turn 2

i was thinking about adding a ultra ball, and i have replaced power memory with super rod, and i might play karen when she is released. but anyway thanks for the comments :)

Last edited:
Back