• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Gardevoir / Xerneas / Giratina EX

JesseRosdahl_5

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Pokebeach Community,

This is my first Deck-list post and is a deck I have been using at home as of late; I plan to bring it to a League Challenge this weekend so as much feedback as possible would help! Many versions of Mega Gardevoir decks are floating around the forums so I felt I would share mine as well.

Pokemon (15)

4x Xerneas
2x Xerneas BREAK
2x Giratina-EX
2x Gardevoir-EX
1x M Gardevoir-EX PRC
1x M Gardevoir-EX STS
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Hoopa-EX

Trainers (32)

3x Professor Sycamore
2x N
1x Lysandre
1x Pokémon Ranger
1x Ninja Boy
1x Hex Maniac
3x Trainers' Mail
3x Max Elixir
4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
2x Super Rod
2x Fighting Fury Belt
2x Gardevoir Spirit Link
3x Fairy Garden

Energy (13)

4x Double Dragon Energy
9x Fairy Energy

My main strategy is to get as many energy on the board ASAP with Geomancy and Max Elixirs while getting ready to use my M Gardevoir STS to discard my Shaymins and Hoopa that were used to get setup. Once my Shaymins and Hoopa are off the board, removing any vulnerability on my bench, I will have my M Gardevoir PRC to spam brilliant arrow and Giratina as a backup attacker. STS M Gard is a great M Mewtwo matchup and will allow you to discard a late Shaymin from your bench if a super rod was used.

How can I make this deck better? What needs to be added? What can be removed? What am I missing that I am not thinking about?

You got way to many things going on. Drop either the Xerneas, M Gardevoir or Giratina. With only two double dragon energy, you will have trouble finding ways to attach it, since if you prize a Giratina or Hoopa yo will have those be dead cards until you draw into a ultra ball or one of the Giratina.

Also, a 2-2 line for a mega is risky. I would try and up it to 3-3 if you want to keep it.
I might also run 1 Fairy Drop, for healing.

You got way to many things going on. Drop either the Xerneas, M Gardevoir or Giratina. With only two double dragon energy, you will have trouble finding ways to attach it, since if you prize a Giratina or Hoopa yo will have those be dead cards until you draw into a ultra ball or one of the Giratina.

Also, a 2-2 line for a mega is risky. I would try and up it to 3-3 if you want to keep it.
I might also run 1 Fairy Drop, for healing.

Thanks for the feedback! I would prefer to drop The Gardevoir line. I had 4 DDE for my 2 Giratina's; is that too much? Taking the Gardevoir line out would allow me to add Fairy Drops.

I would maybe think about running a 4-3 of gardivoir and cutting xerneas break. With gardivoir you only need 6 energy on the field to start ohkoing most exs were with xerneas you need 9. Sure they take 2 prizes but im finding with the current meta its better so play as aggresive as possible. Im currently running a similar deck just with out giratina but i might add it. Seems fun haha

I would maybe think about running a 4-3 of gardivoir and cutting xerneas break. With gardivoir you only need 6 energy on the field to start ohkoing most exs were with xerneas you need 9. Sure they take 2 prizes but im finding with the current meta its better so play as aggresive as possible. Im currently running a similar deck just with out giratina but i might add it. Seems fun haha

Do you run 2 Brilliant Arrow and 1 Despair Ray M Gard?

Yes ive tried it vice versa and i like it better with 2 briliant arrow. Dispair rat is good simce you can get it powered up pretty quick but it lacks the potential to sweep the things that are aweepimg you haha

That Xerneas Break / Giratina EX combo is something I have seen recently on PTCGO, and it's pretty tough. Those double dragon energy really help boost Life Stream. I would go in that direction as opposed to Gardevoir. Gardevoir is really only effective against M Mewtwo. Outside of that matchup, despair ray just doesn't have enough pop. Look at it this way: with 2 double dragon energy and 4 fairy energy (not an unreasonable amount of energy), life stream does just as much damage as despair ray with a full bench.

I honestly think you should drop the Tinas, add a 1-1 Gardevoir line(which M Gardy you choose is by players' preference). Right now, I play the hybrid Gardevoir deck with Xerneas Break as a 3-2/3-1 line. Honestly, if you don't play straight Xerneas/ Giratina, just drop the Tinas. The hybrid Gardevoir deck is very interesting, and it only loses to scizor. Xerneas Break loses to Scizor, Mewtwo, and for the most part, other fairies. Sometimes thinking about what decks something loses against instead of the decks it win against SHOULD be a view more often looked at in the game than it is. It's an important thing to look at when making a new deck. If you would look to see my list to have a better idea what I'm talking about, just go ahead and give me a message :)

I honestly think you should drop the Tinas, add a 1-1 Gardevoir line(which M Gardy you choose is by players' preference). Right now, I play the hybrid Gardevoir deck with Xerneas Break as a 3-2/3-1 line. Honestly, if you don't play straight Xerneas/ Giratina, just drop the Tinas. The hybrid Gardevoir deck is very interesting, and it only loses to scizor. Xerneas Break loses to Scizor, Mewtwo, and for the most part, other fairies. Sometimes thinking about what decks something loses against instead of the decks it win against SHOULD be a view more often looked at in the game than it is. It's an important thing to look at when making a new deck. If you would look to see my list to have a better idea what I'm talking about, just go ahead and give me a message :)
Thanks for the feedback! I am definitely interested in seeing your list! I will send you a message.

That Xerneas Break / Giratina EX combo is something I have seen recently on PTCGO, and it's pretty tough. Those double dragon energy really help boost Life Stream. I would go in that direction as opposed to Gardevoir. Gardevoir is really only effective against M Mewtwo. Outside of that matchup, despair ray just doesn't have enough pop. Look at it this way: with 2 double dragon energy and 4 fairy energy (not an unreasonable amount of energy), life stream does just as much damage as despair ray with a full bench.
Yeah I really like the fact that Giratina can boost Xerneas and also be a standalone attacker if the match up is better. I was thinking about maybe adding Mew/Jirachi into my list to battle M Mewtwo if i remove my Gard's.

Thanks for the feedback! I am definitely interested in seeing your list! I will send you a message.
No need to now:) Here's my skeleton:

Pokemon:13
  • 2 Gardevoir-EX RC
  • 1 Gardevoir-EX STS
  • 2 M Gardevoir-EX STS
  • 1 M Gardevoir RC
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Hoopa-EX
  • 2 Xerneas
  • 1 Xerneas Break
Trainers:34
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 Stadium(Fairy Garden/ Parallel City/ Sky Field)
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:10
  • 10 Fairy Energy
Free Space:3

I haven't really had a chance to do any testing with this yet, but I think I'm going to try to tech in Whimsicott. And I'm going with Xerneas and Giratina and not Gardevoir. I'll post a deck list next week if I have success with it over the weekend.

I haven't really had a chance to do any testing with this yet, but I think I'm going to try to tech in Whimsicott. And I'm going with Xerneas and Giratina and not Gardevoir. I'll post a deck list next week if I have success with it over the weekend.
Which Whimsicott?
AOR? What damage counters? They intend to OHKO you.
FCO? Only 40 damage and you move an energy to your one of your other Pokemon. Not too big.

Ancient origins. With a FFB, you can move up to 200 damage on to your opponent for 1 fairy energy. I used it a couple of times last night, it's pretty sweet.

The downside is that Whimsi only has 70 HP so after you KO your opponent's active, he KO's Whimsi. Still, it's a win win to transfer damage to your opponent and move it off yours.

Back