• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Scizor with Water Zoroark

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of building something like this as an answer to tournaments where Volcanion is a big threat. Any changes or suggestions to make it as versatile as possible? Might cut Hoopa and 1 shaymin still loooking for things to make this deck run. Currently play it with Garbodor, but trying to make something more offensive. Any thoughts?

Pokemon (17)

Scizor EX - 3

M Scizor EX - 3

Shaymin EX - 2

Hoopa EX - 1

Zorua - 2

Zoroark - 2

Eeevee - 2

Vaporeon - 2

Supporters (10)

Professor Sycamore - 3

N - 3

Lysandre - 1

Olympia - 1

Team Flare Grunt - 1

Pokemon Center Lady - 1

Trainers (25)

VS Seeker - 4

Ultra Ball - 4

Float Stone - 3

Scizor Spirit Link - 3

Mega Turbo - 2

Max Potion - 1

Trainers Mail - 4

Parallel City - 1

Silent Lab - 3

Energy (8)

Metal Energy - 8

Dracul Kuro Hemming

Wicked Fighter
Without Double Colorless Energy, your opponent will aim to snipe your Zoroarks out real quick the second you put the first Metal Energy on them.

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
I played a couple of matches with this deck and it did incredible well against Volcanion and Flareon, but did not do so good overall in other matchups. It is like some say, The deck is already good overall against most of the format, Volcanion is just the hardest matchup and its handicap.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I'm a player who loves to build "combos" of different Pokémon in order to gain an potential "edge" over the meta game. Sometimes, my seemingly rogue ideas work; sometimes they don't do as well as much as I had intended... As a result to, my Poké pals have repeatedly told me time and time again that "consistency wins games..."

In your case, IMO, youve diluted your M Scizor EX deck perhaps too much in trying to improve your match-up with Volcanion EX deck players. I play a Volcanion EX deck; and don't see, from your list, how my match-up against this list would lower my odds of winning below 90% for several reasons:

• Primary attackers in Volcanion EX decks are Basic Pokémon vs. your deck's Pokémon that need to evolve. So, advantage Volcanion EX deck for setup speed.
  • With Volcanion as the active Pokémon and a few Volcanion EXs on the bench, any of your Basic Pokémon can be 1HKOd (assume your Silent Lab is not in play). So, advantage Volcanion EX deck in time to start taking prizes.
  • With Volcanion as the initial/primary attacker, Volcanion can be easily sacrificed in order to 1HKO your Scizor EX. So, advantage Volcanion EX deck for prize exchange.
  • Volcanion also can consistently provide 100% chance of energy-attachment acceleration (unlike Max Elixir or Mega Turbo) while attacking. So, advantage Volcanion EX deck in terms of getting more needed energy into play consistently (and perhaps faster).
  • Although your Silent Lab Stadiums will only temporarily negate Steam Up opportunities (due to counter Stadiums being played), benched Volcanion EX, loaded with energy, can still be used to take prizes. IMO, the Silent Labs will just prolong the inevitable outcome.
  • After benching Zorua and Eevee, one could "assume" the Eeveelution will be Vaporeon; so, focus can be turned to KOing the Eevees which would be your deck's "Achilles heel," IMO.
  • Lasly, a Volcanion EX deck player can limit his/her bench size in order to reduce your Zoroark's damage output, potentially negating Volcanion EX 1HKOs.

Volcanion EX decks are just the bane of yours; and in any tournament there will be bad matchups for EVERY deck. In summary, my suggestion would be to make your deck as solid and consistent as possible in order to best deal with the range of "top" decks you might encounter at a tournament.

Lastly, also checkout the M Scizor-Garbodor deck; you may find that even more effective than your current list even against Volcanion EX decks.

I hope you find these comments helpful.