Deck Archetype M Mewtwo-EX

How about getting rid of the Hex Maniac? Do you really need it since you're running a 2-2 line of Garbodor?

Against Giratina sadly yes. A smart tina player will Lysandre your Garb and chaos wheel you to death. You've now just lost.

Do you need that 4th copy of the Spirit Link? I know it's for consistency, but wouldn't you be fine with just 3?

So, I've been testing and the inconsistency and loss of speed Garbodor adds to the deck has annoyed me a tad. I changed it to speed Mewtwo and now have been winning a lot more.

Here is the list:

4-3 Mega Mewtwo Y
1 Hoopa EX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Mega Turbo
2 Float Stone
4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
4 VS Seeker
2 Shrine of Memories
1 Silent Lab
1 Parallel City
1 Professors Letter
1 Super Rod

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla
1 Pokemon Ranger

6 Psychic Energy
4 DCE

Last edited:
I honestly have not struggled for DCEs to the point I felt the need to shuffle them back in as the psychic and mega turbos do a good enough job not to rely on DCEs too heavily.

So, I've been testing and the inconsistency and loss of speed Garbodor adds to the deck has annoyed me a tad. I changed it to speed Mewtwo and now have been winning a lot more.

Here is the list:

4-3 Mega Mewtwo Y
1 Hoopa EX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Mega Turbo
2 Float Stone
4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
4 VS Seeker
2 Shrine of Memories
1 Silent Lab
1 Parallel City
1 Professors Letter
1 Super Rod

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla
1 Pokemon Ranger

6 Psychic Energy
4 DCE
What's the reasoning on silent lab?

You can fetch it with Skyla and use it same turn unlike hex as well as use a supporter with it eg ranger on a giratina and add a DCE and shut off the protection. It's not as good as hex but used at the right time it's pretty good.

I like the Garbodor-less list, I´d play something like that but in my area there are a lot of Volcanion and Yanmega BREAK players and in those two matchups the Garbodor version is superior.

Having just 2 Shrines can hurt your Mega Scizor matchup since you depend a lot on doing damage change to be able to win that match.

I know what you mean, I just didn't want to run 5 Stadiums haha, would clog so much without delinquent and I wouldn't want to pitch them.

Love the list, just wanted to know what people thought about running a Magaerna Ex with it? It helps for the match against M Gardevoir.

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciated.

Regarding gardevoir, diluting your list to add rainbow energies and a Magearna to hopefully win an auto loss match up I don't think is a good idea. Just pray you don't get paired up!

You can fetch it with Skyla and use it same turn unlike hex as well as use a supporter with it eg ranger on a giratina and add a DCE and shut off the protection. It's not as good as hex but used at the right time it's pretty good.
Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciated.

Regarding gardevoir, diluting your list to add rainbow energies and a Magearna to hopefully win an auto loss match up I don't think is a good idea. Just pray you don't get paired up!
I have tried the metal ex partner idea and it doesn't work. You would need a non-ex basic that ohkos a mega fairy for cheap colorless cost. If that existed, despair ray would be not be a popular counter to mega mewtwo. However, if that kind of non-ex power existed in this format, we might not be playing mega decks as often.

I know what you mean, I just didn't want to run 5 Stadiums haha, would clog so much without delinquent and I wouldn't want to pitch them.

Have you considered running 3 Shrines and 1 Parallel City instead of 2-1-1?
You could bump the Hex Maniacs to 2 to help with the lack of Silent Lab.

Silent Lab is a really good card against Volcanion and I would think that 2 Hex Maniac would clog up the deck

I dont think Silent Lab helps the Volcanion matchup at all.
He is running just 1 copy of it and the Volcanion user can just get rid of it by playing Scorched Earth or Sky Field rendering it useless.

Has anyone got any tips for the scizor match up? Or specific card choices? Feel like I've nailed every match but that.

Back