• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mega Alakazam/Haunter/Ariados

Pokemonangel11

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! Sorry about my first Deck Profile. This one should be complete unlike the last one.

Pokémon (16)

2 Spinarak
2 Ariados
2 Gastly
2 Haunter
1 Gengar
1 Shaymin EX
1 Hoppa EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 M Mewtwo EX
2 Alakazam EX
2 M Alakazam EX

Trainers Supporters (9)

1 Pokémon Fan Club
1 Wally
1 Pokémon Center Lady
2 Lysandre
2 Shauna
2 Professor Birch's Observations

Trainer Items/Tools(11)

1 Energy Retrieval
1 Evosoda
1 Trainers Mail
1 Devolution Spray
1 Potion
1 Town Map
2 Roller skates
1 Mewtwo Spirt Links
2 Alakazam Spirt Link

Trainer Stadium (4)

2 Dimension Valley
2 Chaos Tower

Energy (18)

2 Double Colorless Energy
8 Psychic Energy
8 Grass Energy

Strategy:

I suggest setting up your bench as quickly as you can. It will definitely benefit you later. The reason why I put the Ariados in this deck is because Gengar is a Stage 2 Poke'mon, so it will maybe take you time to build up Gengar. I put Mewtwo in the deck because, well, to be a back up. The reason why I put that many energy in this deck is, I have a bad problem getting energy. And that is just me, I bet it isn't a effect to you guys but I have a problem getting energy cards. So if you would not like to put that many energy cards in this deck, I suggest putting more draw support or evolution strategies in the deck so like more Evosodas and Tiernos .

So hopefully this gave you enough advice to give you a great deck start Please contact me if you need more deck help with the deck. And also I might not get to you very soon because I have to do many other things to do . Hopefully you will forgive me for my Mega Alakazam/Haunter/Ariados deck profile without any suggestions or techniques. See Ya Later!!

Sincerely,
pokemonangel11

Hope You Enjoyed And That The Deck Works Out For You!
GOOD LUCK !!!!!

pokemonangel11

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I can suggest a build that is very devastating and that is Mega Alakazam/Weavile. Weavile allows you to move tools around so that you can play Devolution Spray, remove a Spirit Link off of a Mega Alakazam and place it on the "new" Alakazam. Float Stone in this variant is also very good since, with Weavile, you'll have no retreat cost on any of your Pokemon.

Well my brothers really trying his best to make alakazam good but its just not easy since people run heals there rough seas and garb so i think we need to wait for lunala gx to deny heals and also a new startling megaphone so that he can be decent again but that my opinion. And tbh the removal of dimension valley hurted him so all i can say is good luck to him

Not really. With Parallel City you can bump Rough Seas out of the way and you can knock out a Trubbish early game before it's too late. Also, Hoopa really helps to get damage on your opponents bench.

Well my brothers really trying his best to make alakazam good but its just not easy since people run heals there rough seas and garb so i think we need to wait for lunala gx to deny heals and also a new startling megaphone so that he can be decent again but that my opinion. And tbh the removal of dimension valley hurted him so all i can say is good luck to him

Rough Seas will always be an issue with any deck relying on spread damage but tbh, water is not exactly strong right now in meta terms. A lot of Greninja builds don't even run it, and Kyogre is an autoloss but it's so rarely seen it's no big deal. The Trash King can be an issue of course - it will be for any ability based deck - but it's less of an issue for a solid Kazam build than to most others. We'll see it mostly in Mewtwo, which is a very favourable matchup because of the weakness. In Darktina, in which case you put a little damage on Tina early and now if they set up Garb, Tina becomes your target over Darkrai. And in Scizor - which is the trickiest of the three, but with you not relying on stadia or special energies, is very winnable.

All that said, this is not the build I'd go with. Are you looking for advice @Pokemonangel11 ? Or just sharing the list?

If it's advice, 18 energy is way too many. I don't even know why there is grass energy in this deck. A 2-2-1 line of Gengar is way too flimsy. If the idea behind the deck is put 30 damage on with an Alakazam evo, then to pull the opponent from the bench and finish with Gengar, you need to focus on that core strategy and forget all the extras. The Mewtwo is just taking away from your consistency, and even the Spinarak seems a bit superflous since you can either poison with Gengar anyway for that extra 10 on the active, or go for the double-evolve and insta kill. You don't even have any pokeballs or vs seekers!

If you'd like, I can PM you my Kazam build. I don't want to post it publicly as I'm playing this month's tourney with it :p

I do think the new GX cards will be helpful in this deck when they come out. I f you have read the latest articles on Pokebeach. But I haven't really had time to look at the attacks on the new GXs. There is only about a month (I think) left until the Sun and Moon set comes out.:eek::p:p:p So I don't know if the deck needs the new cards but, hey, you never know. It could!:):p:):p

pokemonangel11

Back