• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega/Vespiquen

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
What do you guys think? Any thing I should add, or take out out?

~~Pokemon(25)~~

4 Yanma STS
4 Yanmega STS
2 Yanmega BREAK STS
4 Combee AOR
4 Vespiquen AOR
4 Unown AOR
2 Klefki STS
1 Shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(31)
3 Professor Sycamore STS
1 N NV
2 Judge BKT
2 Lysandre FLF
1 Pokemon Ranger STS
4 Ultra Ball FAC
4 Puzzle of Time BKP
4 VS Seeker ROS
1 Revitalizer GEN
1 Special Charge STS
4 Bursting Balloon BKP
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR

~~Energy(4)~~
4 DCE GEN

Any help or advice would be awesome!
Thanks!

Last edited:
I really think that this is quite a solid deck list. my only advice to you would be to consider a 2-2 ariados line in case you need a tad more damage output earlier on

I really think that this is quite a solid deck list. my only advice to you would be to consider a 2-2 ariados line in case you need a tad more damage output earlier on

Speaking of Ariados, it is in this deck, I just forgot to put it on the list. Editing now

I can't remember the name but it is either chaos tower or parallel city but pretty sure it's chaos tower. But if you switch to the side where it says you can't be confused which means none of your Pokémon including benched Pokemon or plus active Pokemon. But also, it really depends what Vespiqueen you're using. If you are using the Vespiqueen with the ability then I suggest putting the stadium in there. But if it's the other Vespiqueen with no ability then I would say it is a pretty solid deck list.

Good luck,
pokemonangel11

Nice list. At this point, I believe you deck is quite solid; so, my comments may reflect more personal preference than anything else.

IMO, the 1-1 Ariados may at times not be available should either of the Pokémon be prized; plus, it's an easy 1HKO too. So, is it really that useful? Consider replacing this line with 2 additonal Unown. These additional will supplement your card-draw support, as well as provide more fuel to Vespiquen's Bee Revenge attack.

I've found the Yanmega Break to just be "Ok" in most games. As long as you run Pokémon Ranger, you can most likely get around most situations where some effect has been imposed upon you. In addition, in many cases, Yanmega's attack would be sufficient. So, consider replacing 1 Yanmega BREAK with perhaps with 1 Puzzle of Time (or Level Ball).

Lysandre is too critical to run the chance of having your only 1 prized. Consider replacing 1 Acro Bike with (or Yanmega BREAK) another Lysandre.

Lastly, I believe Acro Bike has less importance than Puzzle of Time. IMO, this deck will, chances are, 2HKO most opponents', non-Grass weak, big HP Pokémon. Being able to retrieve a discarded DCE immediately, Bursting Balloon (which an opponent can Lysandre around), even a needed Supporter, etc. can be clutch. So, consider replacing the Acro Bike with Puzzle of Time.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back