• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Scizor/ Garbodor

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Pokebeach! Need some constructive roast towards this deck for a LC this weekend. The most utilized decks in league are M Mewtwo, Darkrai/Giratina, Darkbox, Xerneas BREAK variants (gardevoir, giratina), Rainbow Road, Fight Alone Lucario. THANKS!

Pokemon (14)

Scizor EX - 4

M Scizor EX - 3

Shaymin EX - 2

Hoopa EX - 1

Trubbish - 2

Garbodor - 2

Supporters (8)

Professor Sycamore - 3

N - 2

Lysandre - 1

Olympia - 1

Skyla - 1

Trainers (29)

Crushing Hammer - 3

Enhanced Hammer - 2

VS Seeker - 4

Ultra Ball - 4

Float Stone - 2

Scizor Spirit Link - 3

Mega Turbo - 2

Max Potion - 2

Trainers Mail - 4

Parallel City - 2

Energy (9)

Metal Energy - 6

Shield Energy - 3

Not sure if you saw the blog about this deck but they made a great addition. They drop 1 ShayminEX for a Cobalion. Late game it can deal more damage than your M ScizorEX and it only gives up 1 prize :) The blog made some more detailed and supporting points to the change. I added Cobalion myself and was able to end some games with it. I highly suggest it

Not sure if you saw the blog about this deck but they made a great addition. They drop 1 ShayminEX for a Cobalion. Late game it can deal more damage than your M ScizorEX and it only gives up 1 prize :) The blog made some more detailed and supporting points to the change. I added Cobalion myself and was able to end some games with it. I highly suggest it
Which Blog? There are several

Hello Pokebeach! Need some constructive roast towards this deck for a LC this weekend. The most utilized decks in league are M Mewtwo, Darkrai/Giratina, Darkbox, Xerneas BREAK variants (gardevoir, giratina), Rainbow Road, Fight Alone Lucario. THANKS!

Pokemon (14)
Scizor EX - 4
M Scizor EX - 3
Shaymin EX - 2
Hoopa EX - 1
Trubbish - 2
Garbodor - 2

Supporters (8)
Professor Sycamore - 3
N - 2
Lysandre - 1
Olympia - 1
Skyla - 1

Trainers (29) - only 28 listed
Crushing Hammer - 3
Enhanced Hammer - 2
VS Seeker - 4
Ultra Ball - 4
Float Stone - 2
Scizor Spirit Link - 3
Mega Turbo - 2
Max Potion - 2
Trainers Mail - 4
Parallel City - 2

Energy (9)
Metal Energy - 6
Shield Energy - 3

Nice list; however, I count only 28 Items not 29.

Imo, you have a solid list; I don't see any apparent shortcomings. So, you're at that point where "personal playing style or preferences" may now come into play. As an example, I'd suggest the following changes for your consideration:

• Add a Cobalion or Super Rod for the 60th card slot.
  • Replace all 4 Trainer's Mail with Puzzle of Time - in order to recover and reuse discarded resources such as your Hammers. Imo, the PoTs would be more effective and useful over the tournament.
I hope you find these comments helpful. Good luck at your tournament.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/iron-crushing-the-format

I found it to be very helpful and informative.
Thank You!
Nice list; however, I count only 28 Items not 29.

Imo, you have a solid list; I don't see any apparent shortcomings. So, you're at that point where "personal playing style or preferences" may now come into play. As an example, I'd suggest the following changes for your consideration:

• Add a Cobalion or Super Rod for the 60th card slot.
  • Replace all 4 Trainer's Mail with Puzzle of Time - in order to recover and reuse discarded resources such as your Hammers. Imo, the PoTs would be more effective and useful over the tournament.
I hope you find these comments helpful. Good luck at your tournament.
Is it effective and consistent to remove all trainers mail and play with puzzle of time? Also what I PoTs

Thank You!

Is it effective and consistent to remove all trainers mail and play with puzzle of time? Also what I PoTs

PoTs = Puzzle of Times

It can be very effective if you have emptied your hand then play Sycamore. But an opening hand with 2 or more Puzzles can be rough. It is luck of the draw. They definitely have their advantages and disadvantages.

Thank You!

As I had mentioned, "plying style / preference" is key. I tend to run Trainer's Mail when I want to setup fast; otherwise, I'm OK, in most cases, with a T2 or T3 setup. Of the decks you mentioned, IMO, none are an immediate threat to 1HKO your Scizor EX; so, a T2 setup completion is fine - again, IMO and my play style. Freeing up those slots for Puzzle of Time (PoT) gives you ample opportunities to enhance your card-draw (by rearranging your deck) and/or recovering discarded resources, especially Hammers. Again, a personal preference.

Back