• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile-EX

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Sceptile's attack attaches two Grass Energy to your Benched Pokemon and heals all damage from them. That's what they mean for healing loop.
EDIT: Sorry bad wording...I mean you can attach two Grass Energy from your hand to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like, and if you attach in that way you can heal all damage from that Pokemon.
Thank you, figured it out already, cause have been testing that deck a lot

In final, i have this build
https://i.yapx.ru/DU4g.png

The problem is, that heal loop is very hard to set up, really...
Moreover the main problem i have - most of time in a situation where a really need that, a dont have Energy, and it can last for many turns
Maybe there is a good way to improve my Energy income ?

Last edited:

Primadoxx

Aspiring Trainer
Well first remove all the rotated materials:
-2 Seismitoad ex
- 1 Xerosic
Then with the Toads gone.
- 3 DCE - not needed
- 1 Fisherman - not needed
- 1 Delinquent
- 1 Super Rod (may be replaced by Karen)
- 1 Sceptile Promo

Things to add:
1 more line of Aridos
2 Level Ball - to get a better chance at T1 Aridos
Mega Turbos
Professors Letter - to get energy in your hand to place with Jagged Saber
Energy Retrieval - for the same reason

Hope this helps
fisherman is 110 percent necessary in this deck for healing every turn

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
fisherman is 110 percent necessary in this deck for healing every turn
But fisherman takes Energy from discard pile only, means i need to place those card there first.
Like M Sceptile needs 2 cards to Retreat and 2 Cards to attack+heal, so At the first place i need 4 energy to make my 2 M Lizard heal loop to be ready for work, then Fisherman comes to play.
And the problem is to get those 4 Energy from deck first and quickly.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
But fisherman takes Energy from discard pile only, means i need to place those card there first.
Like M Sceptile needs 2 cards to Retreat and 2 Cards to attack+heal, so At the first place i need 4 energy to make my 2 M Lizard heal loop to be ready for work, then Fisherman comes to play.

Well you actually don't need all 4 of those energy in 1 turn. You really only need to hit 3 energy your first 2 turns to start the loop going. You can attach the 4th energy on your following turn to attack. Plenty of people run Energy Retrieval to immediately return the 2 energies you used to retreat back into your hand. And Professor's Letter can help grab energies for your early Jagged Sabers. I prefer to rely on Max Elixirs and Mega Turbos to attach as quickly as possible to my Sceptiles and leave the energies that I drew in my hand for Jagged Saber. But I will agree that mid to late game, Fisherman is the only card you'll end up needing once you set up properly.

Alternatively, if you feel like being different you can run more switching cards like Switch or even Olympia along with Energy Reset since your energies are now staying on the board. Also works with Zoroark/Float Stones.

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
I prefer to rely on Max Elixirs and Mega Turbos to attach as quickly as possible to my Sceptiles
Ok, so i can use those items after i have cards in discard pile and Professor`s letter to get them from active deck. Can you please give me an advice which cards from current deck its better to replace with mentioned ablove? https://i.yapx.ru/DU4g.png

Alternatively, if you feel like being different you can run more switching cards like Switch or even Olympia along with Energy Reset since your energies are now staying on the board. Also works with Zoroark/Float Stones.
That adds another 2-3 variations to that deck, but really i`m a newbie, i would like to play just a universal maximum stable deck variant. Was trying energy reset and Olympia and it was giving bad results - too much situational cards just being drown to my hand at unappropriate time -> Sycamore them, then got into situations when i really need them but i dont have them anymore lol (

Last edited:

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... I'll gladly offer advice on your specific deck list but that link you provided sends me to a picture of a facebook conversation in a different language (looks like russian).

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... I'll gladly offer advice on your specific deck list but that link you provided sends me to a picture of a facebook conversation in a different language (looks like russian).
My bad, excuse me, didnt doublecheck the link. Made a correction though, should work now!

Also, dumb question here. It`s said that M Sceptile cant be affected by opponent`s pokemon abilities, so i can freely damage Geratina EX with my M Lizard?

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
So, any updates for Sceptile deck after Steam Siege play expirience?
IMO, I've found 2 good alternatives for other supporting/secondary attackers with M Sceptile EX:
  • Yanmega (3-2-1), and
  • Zoroark (2-2-2)
Both have their merits; but I do enjoy playing my Zoroark variation more.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Sceptile's Theta Stop ability only negates abilities that directly affect it. Cards like Giratina EX and Carbink do not do anything directly to M Sceptile, instead their abilities place effects upon themselves to negate incoming damage. So no, you won't be able to attack Giratina EX with Mega Sceptile unless you shut off it's ability. Although that shouldn't be much of a concern for you since Ariados + Sceptile EX takes care of Giratina EX easily. And according to your list Carbink can also be dealt with by using Mew to copy Sceptile EX's attack with Ariados in play.

Here are some suggestions for the list you posted...

-1 Lysandre: 2 should be enough and playing 3 risks clogging up your hand with too many non draw supporters

-1 Pokemon Ranger: Once again I think playing just one copy should be enough, its a dead card in most match ups

-2 Super Rod: Don't really see the need to play any Super Rod in this deck. You already have solid energy recovery and the only benefit would be to help recover after attacking with and losing a Mew. But your priority should always be your Mega Sceptiles anyways.

-1 Energy Retrieval: I'm personally not a fan of Energy Retrieval. I don't play any in M Sceptile variants and I have never wished that I included it. I realize that it has its uses and can be more than just a dead card, but Mega Turbos and Fisherman have provided me with all of the discard retrieval I've ever needed. I left one in the list because its still a decent card that can be useful but feel free to remove the second one for either another Mega Turbo, Trainers' Mail, 2nd Mew, or 3rd N.

+1 Fisherman: Just knowing that you can play this card in the mid to late game can allow you to be a bit more aggressive with your energies. Especially in the later stages of the game when all you need are energies to keep the loop going for a few more turns. Energy Retrievals are nice but with Fisherman you actually don't mind seeing him early since you can just discard him and remind yourself to save a VS Seeker for him whenever you need energy. Energy Retrievals can be dead cards early on or only be able to get back 1 energy at a time.

+1 Mega Turbo: Together with Fisherman these cards can really open up your deck. You won't need to be cautious about discarding energies and the Mega Turbo can actually accelerate your Mega Sceptiles, possibly allowing them to attack the first turn possible or to keep them going if you could only attach one energy with Jagged Saber the previous turn.

+3 Trainers' Mail: These should absolutely go in. Speed. Speed. Speed. They can let you reach for Forests, Spirit Links, or Ultra Balls all cards that are vital to playing with good pace within the meta game.

Overall, I like the list. It's a bit different that what I've been playing lately but it should still perform well against anything not named Volcanion. The 1 level ball seems like an efficient way to get your Ariados line/Mew into play which is nice, not sure if its worth playing over other cards but its still a solid pick. Shrine of Memories is nice, I like that one as a one of, just have to be mindful that it can be a double edged sword if you're playing a deck with evolutions in it. Oh and I would also consider playing a single Assault Vest. There is a lot of Special Energy going around right now and since you can evolve on your first turn with a Forest of Giant Plants without a spirit link it can save your M Sceptiles life against stuff like M Ray, Rainbow Road, and even M Mewtwo. I'm also assuming you have no way to get a 2nd Shaymin EX, right? Because if you can, you should absolutely get a 2nd Shaymin. One can work though, just gotta believe in the heart of the cards haha.

Anyways, sorry about writing so much. I get carried away sometimes when giving advice to people since I really try to help them see how I perceive certain cards and my logic behind it. I'm by no means a Pokemon Master or anything but I feel as if I have a solid grasp on the nuances of the card game and the thought process behind creating a deck list. That being said, I hope you found all of this useful. Feel free to let me know if you incorporate any of these changes and whether or not they're working for you.

Good luck!

Primadoxx

Aspiring Trainer
its easy with stuff like ultra ball and sycamore. what u do is retreat then play it and get the energy back. some times it may be just 2 energy but trust me i played this deck for a long time and you can end up using it 2-5 times in a match

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
I'm also assuming you have no way to get a 2nd Shaymin EX, right? Because if you can, you should absolutely get a 2nd Shaymin. One can work though, just gotta believe in the heart of the cards haha.
I`m on my way to acquire 2nd Shaymin, sometime i will get it)

Overall, I like the list. It's a bit different that what I've been playing lately but it should still perform well against anything not named Volcanion. The 1 level ball seems like an efficient way to get your Ariados line/Mew into play which is nice, not sure if its worth playing over other cards but its still a solid pick. Shrine of Memories is nice, I like that one as a one of, just have to be mindful that it can be a double edged sword if you're playing a deck with evolutions in it. Oh and I would also consider playing a single Assault Vest.
That`s interesting about testing out Vest!

Anyways, sorry about writing so much. I get carried away sometimes when giving advice to people since I really try to help them see how I perceive certain cards and my logic behind it. I'm by no means a Pokemon Master or anything but I feel as if I have a solid grasp on the nuances of the card game and the thought process behind creating a deck list. That being said, I hope you found all of this useful. Feel free to let me know if you incorporate any of these changes and whether or not they're working for you.
Man, you`re absolutely awesome! Thats is a very strong, detailed explanation. I appreciate that very much, cause it helped me a low about why it`s better to use exactly those cards. Great thanks to u, bro!

its easy with stuff like ultra ball and sycamore. what u do is retreat then play it and get the energy back. some times it may be just 2 energy but trust me i played this deck for a long time and you can end up using it 2-5 times in a match
Ahh... now i`m starting to understand, thank you :333