Blog "Shaymin-EX Costs How Much?!" — A Couple Of Budget Decks

Tseus

- Tseus on Runescape - Tseus#1273 Battle.net
Were you playing a 4-4 Sycamore and N?
Yes and the VS seekers. Lucario has explosive starts to the game but slows significantly toward the end. People bench lots of Pokemon turn 1 but when they realize what you are doing, they stop benching/mega evolving and the trend reverses where you sitting on 2-3 prizes left, but are no longer getting 1HKOs. They are quite easily hitting 110 dmg per turn. And you don't have the draw to build up to a two energy lucario each turn. N is not helpful in this situation. I find myself needing to draw into a super rod so that I could then draw into a riolu/lucario VS seeker into sycamore isn't enough at endgame to string together 2-energy stage ones each turn, and you are not 1HKOing because leaving your bench empty will lose you the game. Having octillery allows you to draw a huge number of cards when used in tandem with your draw supporter AND makes you immune from getting N'd by your opponent. In my play testing this was far more consistent.

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
Yes and the VS seekers. Lucario has explosive starts to the game but slows significantly toward the end. People bench lots of Pokemon turn 1 but when they realize what you are doing, they stop benching/mega evolving and the trend reverses where you sitting on 2-3 prizes left, but are no longer getting 1HKOs. They are quite easily hitting 110 dmg per turn. And you don't have the draw to build up to a two energy lucario each turn. N is not helpful in this situation. I find myself needing to draw into a super rod so that I could then draw into a riolu/lucario VS seeker into sycamore isn't enough at endgame to string together 2-energy stage ones each turn, and you are not 1HKOing because leaving your bench empty will lose you the game. Having octillery allows you to draw a huge number of cards when used in tandem with your draw supporter AND makes you immune from getting N'd by your opponent. In my play testing this was far more consistent.
Did you happen to play Puzzles?

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
You sound really proud of ripping someone off. Did it make you feel good about yourself?

It's always a shame to see people preying on newer or younger players to benefit themselves, especially when they brag about it, no less, on an article in response to how difficult it can be for new players to get a hold of an expensive staple card like Shaymin.

Agreed. This is actually one of the biggest reasons it's hard for newer players to amass any sort of collection.

Guys, any time you make a trade, always check the prices of all the cards being exchanged to see if the trade is reasonable. Trollandtoad.com is a good website to check the prices of cards.

Honestly @PMJ I'm amazed that Octillery hasn't dropped a bit with the Battle Arena Deck Print bringing a few more copies to the game. At least VS Seeker has dropped to eight at least.

Shaymin EX is just the crazy definition of splash-able in about anything. Due to this not only are less copies on the second market but the second market knows how valuable the card is. I don't think anything else in standard that is expensive that isn't to shine up a deck if best maybe 20?

I hope more decks start to show up that are able to preform well enough without it but for the most part it is going to have to be decks that don't run EX or upcoming GX. Love that you made two different decks for both Standard and Expanded.

I'm amazed Octillery went up to $15 in the first place! I didn't even realize until @PMJ mentioned it. What decks even use Octillery, that would make it rise that much? I know some Greninja decks played it, but not now that Talonflame is out.

I think you're right. Jolteon-EX is the next most expensive and that has dropped to around $25, now that the generations elite trainer box is out (and the fact that it isn't as good anymore thanks to Pokemon Ranger and just the general lack of basic attackers in Standard)

On the bright side, It's just one more year before Shaymin-EX rotates out of Standard. It's a welcome change if you ask me.

Threw the sweet mercy of bird jesus and lord helix, what idiot made these decklist?
Mistake list:
1. Lucario fight alone is good with one or two copies of klefki but needs draw support which unown from ancient origins does well because it discards itself off the bench and if you do start with it there is some switch or escape ropes in a good deck.
2. Your deck list for lucario is inconsistent and should just be more like this:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 4 Lucario FAC 63

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 7

* 7 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
This decklist can be copied to clipboard and imported to ptcgo

3. donphan has a lot of trouble with water box and seismitoad not to mention yveltal with fighting resistance. instead try something like this for a donphan deck list providing more defense to yveltal and more consistency in this newer expanded format, this isn't 2015 anymore.

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Carbink FAC 50
* 1 Hawlucha FFI 63
* 4 Phanpy PLS 71
* 4 Donphan PLS 72
* 2 Dedenne FFI 34
* 1 Keldeo-EX LTR 45

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 3 Fighting Stadium FFI 90
* 2 Focus Sash FFI 91
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Korrina FFI 95
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Silver Bangle PLB 88
* 1 Life Dew PLF 107

##Energy - 10

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 4 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3
* 2 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
This decklist can be copied and imported to ptcgo

4. I don't want to be rude but it does not seem that you understand how to make a more consistant and competitive deck. I see what you are trying to do but all of your decklist seem like skeleton lists because there are major consistancy flaws. For example there is no point in having umbreon and jolteon could be solved easier with a cheaper dedenne because it is not ability and he is not a stage 1 making it faster and keldeo which makes it easier to rush in and retreat keeping you from having to put a new weak hawlucha and instead placing a carbink which will likely survive. Of course that leaves a decent sized weakness to yanmega but yanmega isn't seen much especially with actual lightning decks in the format. This is all for now but you have to look for more consistent ways to play instead of something that just looks pretty on paper because your lucario is cool and all but using that decklist in real life you need more draw and consistency threw unown or talonflame which i prefer talonflame.
This was a long yet very important reply in my opinion and I didn't want to be rude but i just need to see consistancy in deck list nowadays. Good day to you sir.

1. Unown technically doesn't provide draw support, because you're using a card to draw a card. It does however provide consistency (which is probably what you were getting at) as well as another basic, which is why I included it under 'other options'.

2. I like your Lucario list quite a bit. I question the Buddy-Buddy Rescue. I understand it can help stream attackers by putting it right back to your hand, but is that really worthy of a slot in your deck? (EDIT: Upon consideration I now see that Buddy-Buddy Rescue puts a Pokemon in your opponent's hand for you to puff down. This is quite genius, and I will likely be fitting one in my list). Also the Puzzle of Time. Why is this necessary?

3. Your Donphan list is, to be quite honest, not good. First of all, water box doesn't really exist in Expanded. If you're concerned with Seismitoad-EX, Leafeon is a single card inclusion that turns the match-up highly in your favor. Marowak is also an easy inclusion. Yveltal is not a problem with Jolteon, and is actually a really good match-up. Anyway, in regards to your list, it would get crushed by Night March (the top deck in Expanded right now). It doesn't appear that your list has an answer to Trevenant either.

I totally forgot about Dedenne, and it's actually a really good one-of. But to rely on it as your primary answer to Yveltal is foolish. The reason being that the Yveltal player can easily dodge damage from Dedenne by being conservative with their attachments (or using Y Cyclone). Battle Compressor seems way out of place in a deck such as Donphan. What is your reasoning behind that? Playing Keldeo-EX is also something I don't agree with, as one of Donphan's strengths is forcing a six prize game, and we don't really need Rush In anyway. Four Ultra Ball also seems like a bit much considering almost everyone is retrievable with Level Ball. And why is Life Dew in here?

I do give you the fact that your list seems quite consistent, but consistency alone won't win you games. You need a strategy that's worth executing, which your list seems to be lacking.

4. Talonflame seems like an okay idea with Lucario. Assuming you get to start with Talonflame, would you continue using him until he gets KO'd, or would you retreat him for later use?

While your reply did come off as kinda rude, I still appreciate the feedback, and would be happy to discuss the matter further.

Any Fairy deck that runs Mega Gardevoir from Steam Siege can discard the entire bench. After that you may be hitting for only 60 damage including weakness. Now it takes 4 hits to knock out their Mega Gardevoir and just 1 hit on their side. A Mega Rayquaza player that isn't too reckless will keep his bench around 4 Pokémon, so a one hit knock out is not be possible at all times. Sure Klefki will help, but tons of decks run Garbodor. There's a likely chance it gets stuck on the bench in this match-up, reducing the damage output. Another card that is played often is Parallel City, and it can help players reduce a bench full with Shaymin EX and Hoopa EX. In my opinion Fight Alone is too gimmicky / unreliable...

Even with only four benched Pokemon we can still OHKO M Ray. Plus, there will usually be a Shaymin on the Bench anyway. You'll always have at least a turn of notice before Garbotoxin activates (they'll need to evolve), so you have time to discard any Klefki in play, and stop benching more. And about the gimmicky thing; many competitive decks have been dubbed gimmicky before doing well at a large tournament, and then became meta. For example Exeggcutor (which only did 10 damage), Archie's Blastoise (For obvious reasons. It was featured in a 'bad deck monday video'.), and Night March (Which only had 30 and 60 HP attackers. Also featured in 'bad deck monday'.). While you're totally entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't write Lucario off just yet.

Okay, i did test the fight alone and it is a threat to be reckoned with but donphan is more of a generic list that is a very similar version of a friend of mine used not too long ago. Very good question and I do not like to say false information. I still do not think donphan is good in expanded. Garchomp/ Landorus EX is my expanded idea.

How does Garchomp / Landorous-EX work?

Last edited:

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer

Your explanation is spot on, and I sometimes find myself in that exact situation. That is why I thought Cobalion would be a good inclusion - to give you that last KO. Seeing as how we don't play EXs, there will come a time in every game where Cobalion is hitting for 180. We also already have the things we need to charge him up. I would actually prefer simply attacking with Lucario the whole game though, which is what Octillery seems to allow. I think they both have they're advantages, but would need to do more testing with them.

Would you be willing to share your decklist?

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
Agreed. This is actually one of the biggest reasons it's hard for newer players to amass any sort of collection.

Guys, any time you make a trade, always check the prices of all the cards being exchanged to see if the trade is reasonable. Trollandtoad.com is a good website to check the prices of cards.

I'm amazed Octillery went up to $15 in the first place! I didn't even realize until @PMJ mentioned it. What decks even use Octillery, that would make it rise that much? I know some Greninja decks played it, but not now that Talonflame is out.

I think you're right. Jolteon-EX is the next most expensive and that has dropped to around $25, now that the generations elite trainer box is out (and the fact that it isn't as good anymore thanks to Pokemon Ranger and just the general lack of basic attackers in Standard)

On the bright side, It's just one more year before Shaymin-EX rotates out of Standard. It's a welcome change if you ask me.

1. Unown technically doesn't provide draw support, because you're using a card to draw a card. It does however provide consistency (which is probably what you were getting at) as well as another basic, which is why I included it under 'other options'.

2. I like your Lucario list quite a bit. I question the Buddy-Buddy Rescue. I understand it can help stream attackers by putting it right back to your hand, but is that really worthy of a slot in your deck? (EDIT: Upon consideration I now see that Buddy-Buddy Rescue puts a Pokemon in your opponent's hand for you to puff down. This is quite genius, and I will likely be fitting one in my list). Also the Puzzle of Time. Why is this necessary?

3. Your Donphan list is, to be quite honest, not good. First of all, water box doesn't really exist in Expanded. If you're concerned with Seismitoad-EX, Leafeon is a single card inclusion that turns the match-up highly in your favor. Marowak is also an easy inclusion. Yveltal is not a problem with Jolteon, and is actually a really good match-up. Anyway, in regards to your list, it would get crushed by Night March (the top deck in Expanded right now). It doesn't appear that your list has an answer to Trevenant either.

I totally forgot about Dedenne, and it's actually a really good one-of. But to rely on it as your primary answer to Yveltal is foolish. The reason being that the Yveltal player can easily dodge damage from Dedenne by being conservative with their attachments (or using Y Cyclone). Battle Compressor seems way out of place in a deck such as Donphan. What is your reasoning behind that? Playing Keldeo-EX is also something I don't agree with, as one of Donphan's strengths is forcing a six prize game, and we don't really need Rush In anyway. Four Ultra Ball also seems like a bit much considering almost everyone is retrievable with Level Ball. And why is Life Dew in here?

I do give you the fact that your list seems quite consistent, but consistency alone won't win you games. You need a strategy that's worth executing, which your list seems to be lacking.

4. Talonflame seems like an okay idea with Lucario. Assuming you get to start with Talonflame, would you continue using him until he gets KO'd, or would you retreat him for later use?

While your reply did come off as kinda rude, I still appreciate the feedback, and would be happy to discuss the matter further.

Even with only four benched Pokemon we can still OHKO M Ray. Plus, there will usually be a Shaymin on the Bench anyway. You'll always have at least a turn of notice before Garbotoxin activates (they'll need to evolve), so you have time to discard any Klefki in play, and stop benching more. And about the gimmicky thing; many competitive decks have been dubbed gimmicky before doing well at a large tournament, and then became meta. For example Exeggcutor (which only did 10 damage), Archie's Blastoise (For obvious reasons. It was featured in a 'bad deck monday video'.), and Night March (Which only had 30 and 60 HP attackers. Also featured in 'bad deck monday'.). While you're totally entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't write Lucario off just yet.

How does Garchomp / Landorous-EX work?
Okay, number one rush in is because instead of wasting a float stone on a carbink you can put it on keldeo, not to mention stuff like a laser putting carbink to sleep. You are right about y-cyclone but that is why dedenne stays hidden until the time is right and u place it down, energize and stuff. Rush in retreat to dedenne and they never saw it coming. Unown can leave with a bad starting pokemon but it provides draw which one will not do. You always have switch and float stones depending how the user uses it. We all build decks differently so you might like one unown but I use this deck on ptcgo and I made it for my brother and the deck all around does great for a cheaper build. Plus a landorus garchomp deck is kind of like this.

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Gible BKP 68
* 2 Gabite BKP 69
* 4 Garchomp BKP 70
* 2 Hawlucha FFI 63
* 2 Landorus-EX BCR 89
* 1 Lucario-EX FFI 54
* 1 Dedenne FFI 34

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Focus Sash FFI 91
* 3 Muscle Band XY 121
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 3 Korrina FFI 95
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 6 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

Have a good day, remember we are all different and that is one thing that makes pokemon differnt from magic where everyone does very similar things, in pokemon we have possibilities of making any card a good card with help from others and that is something that I like to notice in sets like the stunfisk from breakthrough, look at it because it is a M rayquaza slayer. #Troll

Tseus

Your explanation is spot on, and I sometimes find myself in that exact situation. That is why I thought Cobalion would be a good inclusion - to give you that last KO. Seeing as how we don't play EXs, there will come a time in every game where Cobalion is hitting for 180. We also already have the things we need to charge him up. I would actually prefer simply attacking with Lucario the whole game though, which is what Octillery seems to allow. I think they both have they're advantages, but would need to do more testing with them.

Would you be willing to share your decklist?

Yeah, I can. BTW I never said, thanks for the idea! It's refreshing to play a deck that no one expects.

What I ended with was:
Pokemon:
4 Lucario, 4 Riolu, 3 Klefki, 2 Remoraid, 2 Octillery
Trainer:
1 Acro Bike, 4 Captivating Poke Puff, 2 Escape rope, 1 Evo Soda, 2 Level Ball, 3 Max Elixir, 2 Super Rod, 3 Trainer Mail, 2 Ultra Ball, 4 VS Seeker, 2 Lysander, 3 N, 4 Professor Sycamore, 2 Exp Share, 1 Float Stone
Energy:
9 Metal Energy

I could see Cobalian as a late game finisher. I could also see Vespiquen considering a fair number of Lucario will have been knocked out by the end of the game AND Klefki gets discarded after 1 turn of being a tool. Haven't tried that out yet though. Cobalian is a basic though so it wouldn't take up as much deck space and would be easier to get out. Have you tested it?

P.S. Yes I'm not running any stadiums. I would recommend taking a couple things out and fitting them in. I don't have any good stadiums at the moment that would do anything for the deck besides remove the opponent's stadium.

Last edited:

Tseus

Honestly @PMJ I'm amazed that Octillery hasn't dropped a bit with the Battle Arena Deck Print bringing a few more copies to the game. At least VS Seeker has dropped to eight at least.

WHOAH I missed this. What battle arena deck included Octillery?

minecraft7er

confused
You sound really proud of ripping someone off. Did it make you feel good about yourself?

It's always a shame to see people preying on newer or younger players to benefit themselves, especially when they brag about it, no less, on an article in response to how difficult it can be for new players to get a hold of an expensive staple card like Shaymin.

:/ ok the shaymin wasn't an pull it was a regional championships card from 2015. and the cards he got for it was the cards he needed for a greninja break deck and if i did rip him off at the time. i was new and all i knew was everyone wanted one so i traded for it.

Last edited:

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, number one rush in is because instead of wasting a float stone on a carbink you can put it on keldeo, not to mention stuff like a laser putting carbink to sleep. You are right about y-cyclone but that is why dedenne stays hidden until the time is right and u place it down, energize and stuff. Rush in retreat to dedenne and they never saw it coming. Unown can leave with a bad starting pokemon but it provides draw which one will not do. You always have switch and float stones depending how the user uses it. We all build decks differently so you might like one unown but I use this deck on ptcgo and I made it for my brother and the deck all around does great for a cheaper build. Plus a landorus garchomp deck is kind of like this.

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Gible BKP 68
* 2 Gabite BKP 69
* 4 Garchomp BKP 70
* 2 Hawlucha FFI 63
* 2 Landorus-EX BCR 89
* 1 Lucario-EX FFI 54
* 1 Dedenne FFI 34

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Focus Sash FFI 91
* 3 Muscle Band XY 121
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 3 Korrina FFI 95
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 6 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

Have a good day, remember we are all different and that is one thing that makes pokemon differnt from magic where everyone does very similar things, in pokemon we have possibilities of making any card a good card with help from others and that is something that I like to notice in sets like the stunfisk from breakthrough, look at it because it is a M rayquaza slayer. #Troll

I still don't like having a two Prize liability on my Bench. I'd rather use Switch. To be honest, I think Carbink is an unsatisfactory wall anyway, and would be better off as Robo Substitute. It is good to note however, that if EXs became more relevant, then Donphan has a fighting type Safeguard Pokemon, instead of having to use Suicune or Sigilyph. I see your point with Dedenne, and that's why it makes a good one-of (although with Jolteon you don't really need it), but there's no way you can take six Prizes like that. The Yveltal player will just react to the Dedenne the following turn, and without Jolteon allowing you to hit for Weakness, you'll be left far behind.

I have no problem with starting Unown. It's very similar to starting Klefki, and that's not a bad thing. Like I said in the article, I don't mind Unown, I just find it kinda unnecessary. But if consistency is what you're after, then it's a pretty good inclusion. Also who said anything about playing one Unown? If you're gonna include it at all it's gotta be at least two, but more likely three or four.

Have you done much testing with Garchomp / Landorus-EX? How are it's match-ups against things like Night March, Trevenant, and Yveltal-EX? Is the overall strategy to use Garchomp to charge up Land's Judgment? If so, have you tried using Carbink BREAK instead? It's not as great of an attacker on it's own, but it's basically a stage one instead of two, and both of the Basic Carbink are pretty good. I'd use like three Safeguard and one Energy Keeper. I'd like to do some testing with that actually. It sounds pretty good.

I actually noticed Stunfisk when it first came out! There's one in my Cube right now. I think it would make a good one-of in a Magnezone deck.

Yeah, I can. BTW I never said, thanks for the idea! It's refreshing to play a deck that no one expects.

What I ended with was:
Pokemon:
4 Lucario, 4 Riolu, 3 Klefki, 2 Remoraid, 2 Octillery
Trainer:
1 Acro Bike, 4 Captivating Poke Puff, 2 Escape rope, 1 Evo Soda, 2 Level Ball, 3 Max Elixir, 2 Super Rod, 3 Trainer Mail, 2 Ultra Ball, 4 VS Seeker, 2 Lysander, 3 N, 4 Professor Sycamore, 2 Exp Share, 1 Float Stone
Energy:
9 Metal Energy

I could see Cobalian as a late game finisher. I could also see Vespiquen considering a fair number of Lucario will have been knocked out by the end of the game AND Klefki gets discarded after 1 turn of being a tool. Haven't tried that out yet though. Cobalian is a basic though so it wouldn't take up as much deck space and would be easier to get out. Have you tested it?

P.S. Yes I'm not running any stadiums. I would recommend taking a couple things out and fitting them in. I don't have any good stadiums at the moment that would do anything for the deck besides remove the opponent's stadium.

Cool! I like that list. Evosoda was something I didn't consider, but seems pretty good (especially with Octillery, otherwise I think Repeat Ball is better). What would you think about cutting Octillery down to 1-1? Also, does having Octillery benched sometimes give you trouble in taking KO's?

:/ ok the shaymin wasn't an pull it was a regional championships card from 2015. and the cards he got for it was the cards he needed for a greninja break deck and if i did rip him off at the time. i was new and all i knew was everyone wanted one so i traded for it.

It's understandable. It happens sometimes where a one-sided trade takes place because neither party knows the value of the cards. This is why I emphasize checking card prices.

Rayquaza and Keldeo (specifically, the Keldeo side)

Sweet! I'll be picking up one of those.

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Everyone,

After doing some testing with Lucario in the upcoming PRC-EVO format, I realized that Karen is a viable inclusion in the deck. She gives you an essentially infinite supply of Pokemon, but also puts all the Pokemon from your opponent's discard pile back into their deck, for you to puff back down!

I also made a few changes to the deck based on some of your suggestions. Here's what the list currently looks like:

Pokemon: 13
4-4 Lucario
2 Klefki
1-1 Octillery
1 Cobalion

Trainers: 38
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Karen
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Acro Bike
2 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Evosoda
3 Max Elixir
2 EXP. Share
1 Float Stone
4 Captivating Pokepuff
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
2 Faded Town

Energies: 9
9 Metal Energy (Basic)

Octillery is to increase late game draw, and I usually don't bench Remoraid until mid-game. I stuck with a 1-1 line because I couldn't find room for 2-2, and i didn't like the idea of starting with Remoraid. If Octillery is prized that's okay because you'll probably pull him from you're Prizes before you really need him. Having Remoraid prized is a bit of an annoyance, but the deck still functions fine without him.

Cobalion has been great in testing so far. Having just one means you're not gonna be starting with him very often, and with things like Klefki and Super Rod, we can get multiple attacks out of him. He is especially great in the M Gardevoir-EX match-up, being able to OHKO M Gardevoir-EX after the opponent has claimed three Prizes.

These new changes to the deck increase it's overall consistency, and give a strong out to Glaceon-EX. I'd say these additions also increase it's M Gardevoir-EX match-up (which I've been testing extensively) to around 50-50.

Thanks so much for all of your feedback guys! Let me know what you think of these new additions!

-Fokale

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
Hey Everyone,

After doing some testing with Lucario in the upcoming PRC-EVO format, I realized that Karen is a viable inclusion in the deck. She gives you an essentially infinite supply of Pokemon, but also puts all the Pokemon from your opponent's discard pile back into their deck, for you to puff back down!

I also made a few changes to the deck based on some of your suggestions. Here's what the list currently looks like:

4-4 Lucario
2 Klefki
1-1 Octillery
1 Cobalion

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Karen
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Acro Bike
2 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Evosoda
3 Max Elixir
2 EXP. Share
1 Float Stone
4 Captivating Pokepuff
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
2 Faded Town

9 Metal Energy (Basic)

Octillery is to increase late game draw, and I usually don't bench Remoraid until mid-game. I stuck with a 1-1 line because I couldn't find room for 2-2, and i didn't like the idea of starting with Remoraid. If Octillery is prized that's okay because you'll probably pull him from you're Prizes before you really need him. Having Remoraid prized is a bit of an annoyance, but the deck still functions fine without him.

Cobalion has been great in testing so far. Having just one means you're not gonna be starting with him very often, and with things like Klefki and Super Rod, we can get multiple attacks out of him. He is especially great in the M Gardevoir-EX match-up, being able to OHKO M Gardevoir-EX after the opponent has claimed three Prizes.

These new changes to the deck increase it's overall consistency, and give a strong out to Glaceon-EX. I'd say these additions also increase it's M Gardevoir-EX match-up (which I've been testing extensively) to around 50-50.

Thanks so much for all of your feedback guys! Let me know what you think of these new additions!

-Fokale
I am happy you found a list that you like because regardless what I say or anyone else says, everyone plays differently and needs different cards to be successful based on their battling style. Have a great day Fokale and everyone else

Tseus

Hey Everyone,

4-4 Lucario
2 Klefki
1-1 Octillery
1 Cobalion

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Karen
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Acro Bike
2 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Evosoda
3 Max Elixir
2 EXP. Share
1 Float Stone
4 Captivating Pokepuff
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
2 Faded Town

9 Metal Energy (Basic)

-Fokale

Sorry I've been away. Runescape double xp weekend xD

This list looks good, I'll try it out this week.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing to say here, but TODAY IS A F****** GOOD DAY !!!!
I have juste had this on PTCGO :D

upload_2016-10-7_12-22-4.png

Sorry guys, I just had to scream !

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-7_12-20-35.png
    upload_2016-10-7_12-20-35.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

fawfulmark2

Aspiring Trainer
Fights Alone looks really cool, and will probably be the first deck I try building for Standard(then again I do have enough tools to possibly make a Raichu or Volcanion EX deck too, so I dunno.) One of the things I respect about the Pokemon TCG is that it seems to have the best frequency of pulling very rare or staple cards(Shaymin EX being a rare exception), and these budget guides makes the process of making viable, more out there decks even more fun.

I mean the last Worlds was won by a Rogue Audino deck after all.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I just noticed how the two most expensive cards in standard have almost the exact same pose:

You can't afford me? Ugh, talk to the hand! (/Paw)

1070864.jpg
35ed64b24d26823bd6f8941cc7c2e96a.jpg