Fall 2016 'Battle Heart' Tins!

all these crappy ex tins for ex's no one will ever use, and we still get nothing on shaymin ex? srsly, its not like they still make profit from people trying to find one, roaring skies packs are gone in most places now.

all these crappy ex tins for ex's no one will ever use, and we still get nothing on shaymin ex? srsly, its not like they still make profit from people trying to find one, roaring skies packs are gone in most places now.

Magearna EX has seen it's uses, definitely not a bad card :)

Volcanion EX has it's own deck that is fine, so definitely not that bad at all :)

Pikachu EX can do 180 for 3 Energy (with muscle band), which is actually decent in Eelektrik decks.

By no means are these 3 cards bad, however, they are clearly not as good as Shaymin EX.

A reason why Shaymin EX isn't reprinted is most likely due to the fact that they want it to rotate out of standard! :)

Reprinting = another year in standard!

Cool. We have a new worst non-evolving, non-mega EX. (Replacing the very similar Thundurus EX.) I don't get why this Pikachu-EX exists. The other one does only 10 less damage for the same energy, while also being able to do more damage than that. (As well as not discarding non-Lightning energy, which is useful if you only need to do a small amount, or retreat it, though this is obviously not going to be relevant very often.)

So Magearna-EX it's the first and only 7th gen Pokémon to be printed with the BW/XY blank. This was my first thought lol

There's been a few other Magearna cards besides Magearna EX,
but yup, the only Gen VII pokemon so far.

To add on, the alternate Zygarde formes will only debut in Sun/Moon,
but they debut in the cards on BW/XY format too.

wow. I just realized the art on magearna looks so weird.upload_2016-9-23_20-0-6.png

and it switched arms for it's cannon?...upload_2016-9-23_20-1-32.png

left on the tin and right on the card..

I guess that can happen.

Am I the only person disappointed with getting Pikachu? :(

I honestly am getting tired of damn charizard and pikachu products. I don't mind getting them, but we don't need to see them every time a new product is made.

Many other pokemon could've replaced Pikachu.

I honestly am getting tired of damn charizard and pikachu products. I don't mind getting them, but we don't need to see them every time a new product is made.

At least it's a new card. Not a GOOD new card. But it's better than reprinting something random like Umbreon-EX. The ONLY EX I can think of that would have had ANY shot of being in a tin that would have been decent beyond those two IMO is Glaceon. But Glaceon also isn't a terribly popular Pokemon, which is typically what decides tin promos. Just be thankful it's not Emboar EX or something.

yeah! like pichu! I wish... but I am also not a fan of pikachu OR charizard. and I think making tins for new pokemon, like a water volcanion or a fairy magearna would be cool. but pikachu is NOT cool

You speak da truth. Seriously though, why is there no Latias EX?

I still cant believe that we are ending off X and Y with gen 1. could it not be an elemental set with mega camerupt and sharpedo as the mascot cards? and mega abomasnow and sableye as secondary cards? and a mega lopunny collection? that would be so cool...

too cool, probably...

Found these tins at my Walmart, snagged the Volcanion one for my Rainbow Road, pulled a full art Volcanion from one of the packs, not bad. If anyone is wondering, they have 2 Steam Seige, 1 Ancient Origin and 1 Primal Clash. Kinda weird, I expected more recent ones.

Found these tins at my Walmart, snagged the Volcanion one for my Rainbow Road, pulled a full art Volcanion from one of the packs, not bad. If anyone is wondering, they have 2 Steam Seige, 1 Ancient Origin and 1 Primal Clash. Kinda weird, I expected more recent ones.

Picked up the Pikachu one for collector reasons. Got a FA secret rare Primal Kyogre EX from Ancient Origins and a Volcanion EX from one of the Steam Siege. I wonder if all of these have good pull ratios, especially for tins, or if we just lucked out.

You need to realize the target audience pokemon is trying to attract with these tins. These tins weren't made for the active competitive TCG player or the collector. These tins were made for the kids who are either getting into pokemon or just like pokemon and want anything that has to do with it. Believe me, I was one of those parents who had a kid that LOVED and wanted everything Pikachu, so of course I'd buy this tin for him. Not knowing anything about the TCG or the packs inside. All I know is he liked Pikachu. That's why you'll see more of the "staple" pokemon on the front and less or the ones "we" (as TCG) want.

Many other Pokémon could have replaced Pikachu, but would they have been better? Let's get one thing clear here; no matter what we want there will NEVER be a Shaymin EX tin. We can put that dream to rest right now. With that in mind what would have been better? Gardevoir EX, which isn't really that good? Steelix EX, also not that good. Look at our last tins; Mewtwo EX, Gyarados EX and Machamp EX I believe. Are any of these really good? Maybe Mewtwo, maybe. But we didn't need it, nor do we need the one being released in the super premium artbook collection.

At least Pikachu EX is a new card. I have to say part of me as a collector gets tired of seeing the same cards but with different artwork or a different holo pattern released as promos. I would prefer new cards, not reprints. As a player sometimes it's good to have reprints, it's the reason my fairy deck should be able to basically stand up to not only this rotation but probably the next one as well though the reason for that to be relevant is few and far between. By the same token how many reprints do we get that we don't need? Take Generations, did we need a reprint of Butterfree and Golem? Or Evolutions, did we need reprints of Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur EX or their megas? We have or will be getting them anyway regardless of the answer given.

Also consider this, before last year when we got the Hoopa/Pikachu EX box, along with the tin and the collection from this year, when was the last time we got a Pikachu product? We've had more Mewtwo products in the last year than Pikachu in the last few years. I won't argue Charizard because we've been getting those since Flashfire.

At least it's a new card. Not a GOOD new card. But it's better than reprinting something random like Umbreon-EX. The ONLY EX I can think of that would have had ANY shot of being in a tin that would have been decent beyond those two IMO is Glaceon. But Glaceon also isn't a terribly popular Pokemon, which is typically what decides tin promos. Just be thankful it's not Emboar EX or something.

Can you tell me when Machamp became a popular Pokmeon?

Don't even get me started on the annoyance of not having at least one of each mega released with this generation ending.

Back