P!P/Rules Championship Points, Regionals Prizes, European International Championships, and Worlds Invite Info!

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
500 CP!? I know there's more points for the taking this year but isn't that a little much?

Eh, at least they're finally revealing this stuff.

nepeta100

Aspiring Trainer
so almost rip dreams of me going to worlds I was hoping that I could go to the one big event that was replacing nationals since I might not be able to travel to much events but only the person that finishes in first gets enough points to qualify for world instead of the top 4-8 like previous seasons practically forcing me to go to other events if I want to compete this year

but who know maybe this will change I have a job now so I can maybe afford to travel more

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
As a person who has never competed in pokemon before and would like to go to worlds I have no idea what these points mean. Can someone explain to me if I rack up 500CP do I have to keep playing events or can I just sit on it till worlds come around?

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
As a person who has never competed in pokemon before and would like to go to worlds I have no idea what these points mean. Can someone explain to me if I rack up 500CP do I have to keep playing events or can I just sit on it till worlds come around?
You can just sit around, but the top X players in each rating zone get to skip day 1 of worlds. Typically, this is 850+, but that will probably change.

Rendevoir

Aspiring Trainer
glad that latinamerican players need to grind "only" 350cp. at least here in buenos aires, argentina, just a couple of lcs have op.

thecowisred

Aspiring Trainer
I am very surprised at the increase in the junior division CP's...double from last year! Crazy! Not sure what to think of it right now, or if it's even achievable without going broke traveling to the Regionals around North America...up here in Canada we don't have many close to us to play in, so we have to travel long distances to participate.

Letting it soak in now...

PenguinJ44

I caught Mew!
500 CP seems a bit to high. I think this is a good way to have a smaller amount of people going, but if everyone wants to go to this thing though...

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I am very surprised at the increase in the junior division CP's...double from last year! Crazy! Not sure what to think of it right now, or if it's even achievable without going broke traveling to the Regionals around North America...up here in Canada we don't have many close to us to play in, so we have to travel long distances to participate.

Letting it soak in now...

I was expecting 250 or 300 for the Junior Division. But Ya, I think we might be out. That is just a huge economic worry for players and families. GL to everybody else.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I absolutely hate this change. I can't get any more than 30 points for LCs per quarter, which is my main way of getting points, Texas regionals is on Dec. 31(Guys, pray for me that I get a trip there for Christmas) and 4 hours away driving. And as if it weren't hard enough for me to get points as it is, I have to get 500 now. At least I'm not a master this year like I was supposed to. I'd be screwed since I don't have a car, and I couldn't rack up points to save my life in that division.

CoolGuy420xMLGx

Aspiring Trainer
Currently I am a player living in North America who is moving to Asia Pacific in November. Will the CP I gain in North America count towards my Asia Pacific total (350) or will it only work for the North America threshold (500)? Anyone have any idea?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Currently I am a player living in North America who is moving to Asia Pacific in November. Will the CP I gain in North America count towards my Asia Pacific total (350) or will it only work for the North America threshold (500)? Anyone have any idea?
I'm not a professor, but I'm pretty sure they do. As long as you use the same player ID and Pokemon.com account, it still should.