Ruling Legality of Mew-EX (and reprints/promos in general)

Legendary World King

Aspiring Trainer
Hi. I was curious about the situation with reprints and promos. I know sets (Steam Siege, Fates Collide, etc) have to wait 3 weeks to be used, but:
Do New Promos released (such as Battle Arena Deck's Karen) have to wait 3 weeks as well?
Do Promo Reprints (such as Mew-EX from Dragons Exalted and Legendary Treasures Reprinted in Super Premium Collection) have to wait 3 weeks to be used?

Since Pokémon.com officially annouced September 14th as the available date of the Mew and Mewtwo Super Premium Collection at Barnes & Noble, would that be the "official release date" of the set? (Cards below:)
(Each player shuffles all Pokémon in his or her discard pile into his or her deck.)

Karen-Promo-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I wanna add that also because the Mew & Mewtwo box was only released in the states so far, does that mean it's completely illegal in Europe? Sorry for not making a thread.

Promos follow the same rules sets do. Cards are legal three weeks after release.

I don't know the answer to the other question, so I will refer to other professors. @Asclepius24 do you know?

I do not. I'll look into this for sure, since it stands to have a significant impact on Standard. I'd imagine this will be clarified in the very near future.

Promos follow the same rules sets do. Cards are legal three weeks after release.
So whether the Promo card is brand new never before released, or a Card previously released no longer valid in Standard Format, we still have to wait 3 weeks after the card's release to use it officially?

I don't know the answer to the other question, so I will refer to other professors. @Asclepius24 do you know?

I know it used to be 21 days but, since the release of Steam Siege, was the rule not changed to "the third Friday after release"?

Or was this a one-off to ensure that Steam Siege was legal at Worlds?

Right, you're correct. I forgot they changed it.

Back