Fun What is your favorite deck?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Hey guys! I recently came to the competitive TCG play part of Pokebeach where all the blogs and stuff are, and I'm loving it! So what I want to know is, what is your all-time favorite deck?

Mine is Primal Groudon 2014-2015 standard. I love how it's so bulky and it can't be lysandre'd, as well as OHKO ing anything in the game, and I'm still pretty salty it didn't win last years worlds :)

If we're looking at all formats, that's an incredibly tough question to answer, so I'm limiting myself to last season's Standard. My favorite deck, and the main one that I used most of the time since Roaring Skies dropped, is Sceptile-EX/Ariados/bats. Kinda janky, but a lot of fun to play, and it had neutral or better matchups against all the prominent decks once the popularity of M Ray died down. A close second for me would be Night March, actually, because it'll never stop being hilarious to me that Joltik (my favorite Pokemon) was the most threatening attacker in the entire metagame.

I'm currently running Audino/Gardevoir/Aromatisee in expanded.

Since I'm not rich enough to throw money into the garbage, it sometimes lacks consistency due to Shaymin-EX not being in it. However, it still does fairly well. Very fun to play with, especially when you set up all your pokemon and get going.

My (now expanded) M-Alakazam deck is my favorite deck that I've created. It's not a typical deck list, and it did very well both online (although it no longer does since it joined the expanded format) as well as in league. It can wreck M-Mewtwo or on a bad day give it a bunch of trouble. Its not just my favorite because I do well with it, but it's a very complex deck to play and has so many nuances to it. I absolutely love it <3

1. Mother Flygon
2. Swampert 2004
3. Sablelock
4. SP things (rly any SP deck)
5. Yveltal
6. MagneBoar (or TwinBoar)
7. Accelgor
8 Bunnelby/Vileplume/Houndoon
9. Delta Species things.dec
10. Magma Spirit

i really loved my zoroark swarm deck from back in the hgss-dark explorers and bw-on formats it was able to do a ton of damage at the time, and had decent match-ups all around

My favorite deck for current standard format has to be primal kyogre waterbox. Its so versatile thanks to all the attackers and max elixer/energy switch combo, i just love it c3

I played alot of standard and since everyone at my local card shop is playing Expanded. I've switched as well and I'm really loving my Greninja BREAK deck. Very very fun to play.

Turbo Snorlax, a deck built around Dark Vileplume, Dark Gloom, and Snorlax (Jungle 11/64, 27/64; Base Set 2 30/130; Legendary Collection 64/110).

The basic strategy is to use the "Pollen Stench" Pokémon Power on Dark Gloom to try and Confuse your opponent's Active. Pollen Stench requires a coin flip; "heads" and the opponent's Active is Confused, "tails" and your own Active is Confused. Snorlax has the "Thick Skin" Pokémon Power that prevents it from suffering any Special Conditions. Early versions of this deck also ran Drowzee (Team Rocket 54/82) to use its "Long-Distance Hypnosis" Pokémon Power; basically the same as Pollen Stench but inflicting Sleep instead of Confusion. I cut it pretty quick and I believe others did the same as the space was better used for other things... like a Dark Vileplume to block Trainers. It may not seem that significant, but even though Snorlax is slow, you'll be stacking two to four chances of leaving your opponent stuck with a Special Condition (Snorlax itself can Paralyze with its attack).

I also made (but didn't get to thoroughly test) a "Dark Turbo Snorlax" deck where I ran more support for Dark/Rocket's Pokémon, including Rocket's Snorlax-ex as a main attacker.

Last edited:
Rarely do my favourite decks coincide with competitive decks. Usually, competitive decks are too straightforward and boring to me, I consider them tools to win and nothing more.

My favourite decks are more mechanically interesting but not really winworthy. But my favourite card currently in standard is Celebi XY93 and I never leave home without 4 if I want to have fun. Got to love only needing 2-3 Eco Arms in a deck to keep my bursting balloons circulating back into my deck and hand

Poison Fang (Raticate Break, ariados) for Standard

Poison Claw (Toxicroak, ariados, dragalge, and Shrine of memories to use the poison up attack croagunk has) for Expanded

I also really enjoy M Tyranitar EX and Creep Show + Greninja BREAK

Well after worlds, I put together Shintaro Ito's M-Audino deck, because somehow I had all the cards I needed to make the deck, just lying around, and I must say I'm loving it. Give it a try, because it's a great deck.

Tool Box, my first competitive deck and extremely fun. Nothing was more fun than knocking out Keldeo's, Darkrai's, and Black Kyruem's with Trubbish. Good ol' Trubbish.

Garchomp's my favourite. It wasn't played much but it stood a chance against NM, beat up decks that were centered around EXs and I just loved hearing the reactions of these guys who saw me start off with Gible against a baby Yveltal and win the match.

Anything Plasma. I like how TPCi made three sets with Pokemon, Items, Stadiums and even ENERGY that were made for one another. I wish sets were made like that a lot more often.

The first tournament I actually won was with 'The Yeti' and it has been my favorite deck ever since.

My favorite deck is medicham/lucario ever since I one shoted a darkrai -ex with a meditate using smack for the game at a league challenge

Back