• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon/Jolteon/Vileplume

Professor Palutena

The Queen
-18 Pokemon
3x Glaceon-EX
3x Jolteon-EX
3x Shaymin-EX
2x Hoopa-EX
2x Oddish
2x Gloom
2x Vileplume
1x Magearna-EX

-13 Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
3x Water Energy
2x Lightning Energy

-29 Trainers
3x Forest of Giant Plants
4x Fighting Fury Belt
2x Float Stone
4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysandre
3x Ninja Boy
1x Delinquent

Strategy: This is designed to be a lock deck. Glaceon and Jolteon provide the bulk of the lock. Shaymin and Hoopa provide essential setup. Glaceon is the main attacker, stopping M Scizor, M Mewtwo, M Gardevoir and M Rayquaza. Jolteon is mainly for Volcanion matchup, but is useful for situations where the Megas try to attack with the base stage. The Glaceon/Jolteon lock is very weak to Pokemon Ranger and Supporter lock isn't readily available in the meta. So I went with Vileplume to lock out VS Seeker, limiting the number of Pokemon Ranger turns. Forest of Giant Plants helps bring in Vileplume ASAP. Magearna is solely for the Mewtwo matchup, as Rainbow Energy works with the its ability to make Damage Change much less effective. Umbreon + Ninja Boy is for surprise KOs due to Rainbow Energy.

Ninja Boy is the crux of the deck. A lot of decks are able to get around the basic Jolteon/Glaceon lock by switching out, but Ninja Boy is the perfect retaliation. This is also why I opt for Rainbow Energy, as I can keep a Rainbow and DCE on my Eeveelution and swap between them. Due to Vileplume, I don't have to worry about hammers discarding them. So the only threat to them is M Scizor, though he's incapable of doing damage to Glaceon. Parallel City is to keep the Shaymins safe. Delinquent is to further enhance the lock.

My main concern is that the deck is too clunky. I'm not very familiar with the TCG (I play on sims) so I may be missing some staples. I've also never ran a Vileplume deck before, so I'd really like help with the trainer list.

Last edited:

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
You have a few too many cards on there. :p Might want to change that. I'm not quite familiar with Glaceon/Jolteon/Vileplume, but I know a bit about the trainers.

-1 N - I don't think you need three
-1 Parallel City - If you're going up against Ray, you already have Glaceon so you don't really need to shrink their bench.
-1 Delinquent - One's okay, but if you're running Vilelpume, then they'll most likely have a truckload of items in their hand and will just discard those when you play Delinquent.
+2 Float Stones - If you have Vileplume in play and it doesn't have one already attached, it's Lysandre bait.
+1 Forest of Giant Plants - It'd be hard to draw into two so you need at least three.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Hey, thanks DoS.

I'll try these out (and I've reflected them in the main list).

Didn't realize I miscounted (and had Shaymin twice. It's just too good)... oops. :p

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
I've dabbled a bit with Plume lists in the past and plan to do so again in the near future so hopefully I can provide some helpful advice. Since you are planning on getting Vileplume out early I think you should consider reducing the number of item cards you have that don't contribute to the Vileplume set up. As well as adding in cards that do facilitate the turn 1 Vileplume lock.

-4 VS Seeker - dead cards with Plume in play
-2 Fighting Fury Belt
-1 Delinquent
-1 Ninja Boy - solid card but I dont think you'll need 3 of them
-2 Water Energy - too many energies can clog up your early hands
-2 Lightning Energy
-1 Jolteon EX - don't think you'll need 3 of them
-2 Hoopa EX - not enough bench space

+1 Forest of Giant Plants - helps get Plume out Turn 1
+3 Trainers Mail - same as above
+4 Unknown - same as above plus can help draw in the later turns as well
+1 Float Stone - prevents Lysandre stalls against you
+1 Olympia - Same as above but can be used in case you whiffed the Float Stone before Plume came into play
+3 Level Ball - get your Oddish and Gloom into play without discards
+1 Oddish - you definitely would like to see Oddish in your hand before Gloom or Plume
+1 Yveltal EX - this was the last slot that I thought you could be a bit cheeky with; with this you can ninja boy into something that can deal much more damage than Jolteon/Glaceon and surprise your opponent by grabbing a KO a turn or two before they expected it. If you don't like it just add in a 4th Trainers Mail or Level Ball for enhanced Plume action. lol

Hope this helps!!