• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile-EX

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, friends!

I`m new to this game but i have some card basis and i found that my first deck could be M Sceptile EX.

And so for all the Sceptile lovers - how do you think, how this deck can be improved after Steam Siege release?
And what changes to this deck will September 1st rotation bring?

Would be nice to discuss ultimate Sceptile deck and i would have time to trade for it`s cards by autumn rotation.

Maybe we can take for start point this Japan deck?

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Sceptile-EX PR-XY XY53
2 Sceptile-EX AOR 7
3 M Sceptile-EX AOR 8
1 Spinarak AOR 5
1 Ariados AOR 6
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36
1 Mew FAC 29
2 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

3 Sceptile Spirit Link AOR 80
1 Lysandre FLF 90
4 N DEX 96
1 Super Rod BKT 149
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
1 Xerosic PHF 110
2 Fisherman BKT 136
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
2 Float Stone PLF 99
1 Parallel City BKT 145
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Delinquent BKP 98

Energy - 11

3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
8 Grass Energy Energy 1
Please help)
Thank you

Last edited:
Well first remove all the rotated materials:
-2 Seismitoad ex
- 1 Xerosic
Then with the Toads gone.
- 3 DCE - not needed
- 1 Fisherman - not needed
- 1 Delinquent
- 1 Super Rod (may be replaced by Karen)
- 1 Sceptile Promo

Things to add:
1 more line of Aridos
2 Level Ball - to get a better chance at T1 Aridos
Mega Turbos
Professors Letter - to get energy in your hand to place with Jagged Saber
Energy Retrieval - for the same reason

Hope this helps

That looks nice!
But what about some new Steam Siege stuff?
Like Pokemon Ranger or things like that?
With playing around with this deck it seems like Sceptile didn't gain much, besides more threats. I would run one Ranger for Regice.

Also, didn't notice before. Sceptile is your main attacker, I personally run 4 AOR Sceptiles. Mainly because I always seem to flip unlucky... I would add another Scep for sure. Ninja boy doesn't do much here because you would only go into another sceptile. And if you mega evolve it will be useless.
Sceptile is an appealing deck, I just hope it holds out against all this Volcanion / Talonflame / Infernape Hype

With playing around with this deck it seems like Sceptile didn't gain much, besides more threats. I would run one Ranger for Regice.

Also, didn't notice before. Sceptile is your main attacker, I personally run 4 AOR Sceptiles. Mainly because I always seem to flip unlucky... I would add another Scep for sure. Ninja boy doesn't do much here because you would only go into another sceptile. And if you mega evolve it will be useless.
Sceptile is an appealing deck, I just hope it holds out against all this Volcanion / Talonflame / Infernape Hype
Well thank you very much! Will try to use that

i heard this deck is pretty much strong after rotation, juist need to find proper item\trainer balance

I personally play 1 promo Sceptile-EX and 3 AOR Sceptile-EX. Also a 2-1-1 Yanmega BREAK line is nice, because it is quite easy to get your hand down to 4 cards and it deals nicely with Carbink and Regice.

I personally play 1 promo Sceptile-EX and 3 AOR Sceptile-EX. Also a 2-1-1 Yanmega BREAK line is nice, because it is quite easy to get your hand down to 4 cards and it deals nicely with Carbink and Regice.
Nice, thanks!
Which exactly Yanmenga cards do you mean? can you please call their expansion? Yanmenga-EX or what?

I don't like the 2-1-1 line mainly because if you have one piece missing it falls apart. And if they arnt running carbink or regice you have a 4 card secondary attacker with a condition. And if they run Garb it basically becomes 4 dead cards. Just my thoughts.

Doesn't M Sceptile's "stop" trait stops carbink anyways?

Doesn't M Sceptile's "stop" trait stops carbink anyways?

Unfortunately it does not. Theta Stop only negates abilities that directly affect Mega Sceptile, so stuff like Greninja's Water Shuriken. Abilities like Safeguard and Renegade Pulse do not place effects on Mega Sceptile so they are unaffected by Theta Stop.

Unfortunately it does not. Theta Stop only negates abilities that directly affect Mega Sceptile, so stuff like Greninja's Water Shuriken. Abilities like Safeguard and Renegade Pulse do not place effects on Mega Sceptile so they are unaffected by Theta Stop.
More than a reason to run Garbodor in this deck list along with parallel City.

More than a reason to run Garbodor in this deck list along with parallel City.
That's what I run and I am happy with the result. But I took it to a local league and it didn't do as well as I hoped.
Greninja - W
M Ray - L (Horrible Draws)
M Ray - T (timed out)
Raticate - W
Water Box - L (couldn't play steam siege yet so no ranger for Regice)

I think as the format shifts it will be a solid bet.

Personally, I don't think adding in a Yanmega line helps M Sceptile at all. I have tested a variety of things with M Sceptile including...

- DDEs w/Giratina
- Dark Energies w/Yveltal EX
- Additional tools w/Weavile
- Control w/Garbodor and Hammers(without hammers too)
- and a few other more basic variants...

What I've found to work best is to focus on speed and consistency. A streamlined list running a combo of Max Elixirs/Turbos has been the most successful in my testing. M Sceptile can be a really fast deck or at least just as fast as any other deck in the format. What no other deck in the format has is Jagged Saber's consistent sustainability/acceleration (Mewtwo needs a stadium and an extra attachment to achieve similar results). So essentially in my opinion M Sceptile's best partner is itself, I don't see anything currently in format that helps M Sceptile enough to warrant a reduction in consistency.

Sure 100 damage is not anything fancy and in fact will be annoying with so many Fighting Fury Belts/Megas running around but if you can maintain your healing loops you'll still come out on top more often than not. Aim to hit 3 Megas a match and you should be able to keep 2 of them in rotation. Although if your local meta consists of plenty of Volcanion decks all I can say is target their Volcanion EXs early and run 2 Hex Maniacs or 3/4 Silent Labs (and pray they had a bad opening hand....lol).

I have tested a variety of things with M Sceptile

I`m still a big noob, dont quite understand, does that mean i must throw out hoopa and ariados.
Can you please write a total ultimate deck as a summary?

And what is healig loop? i dont have a slightest idea how to heal with sceptile

Last edited:
I`m still a big newbie, dont quite understand, does that mean i must throw out hoopa and ariados.
Can you please write a total ultimate deck as a summary?

And what is healig loop? i dont have a slightest idea how to heal with sceptile
Mega Sceptile's attack attaches two Grass Energy to your Benched Pokemon and heals all damage from them. That's what they mean for healing loop.
EDIT: Sorry bad wording...I mean you can attach two Grass Energy from your hand to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like, and if you attach in that way you can heal all damage from that Pokemon.

Back