Help Talonflame

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
I have a talonflame with flame body and I was wondering which item would be great for it. It has tailwind, roost, heat wave, and brave bird and currently it is holding safety goggles.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Hi!

Well, Talonflame only shines with Gale Wing, since this is the ability that gives it priority for Brave Bird (and roost). Getting one is fairly easy. If you want, I can give you one. :)
Send me a private message if you are interested.

Good luck!

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
As you told me in our conversation, you play VGC doubles, and since I am not playing it very often, if anyone can give any option on a good set for Adamant Talonflame, that would be great :)

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Here's what I'd suggest:

- Tailwind (would be so much better with Gale Wings, but it should be okay)
- Protect (VGC standard)
- Quick Guard (protection against Fake Out)
- Brave Bird (STAB)

No idea on the item, but Life Orb or Sky Plate sound good.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I ran Tailwind, Quick Guard, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz back in the 2014 season and it helped me get 19th at Fort Wayne Regionals that year out of over 200 competitors.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I can't teach my Talonflame quick guard sadly...
Breed it with Archeops to get Quick Guard. You really need that in VGC format. It can lock an opposing Talonflame as well since Brave Bird won't be able to touch you since Gale Wings makes Brave Bird be +1 priority.

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Breed it with Archeops to get Quick Guard. You really need that in VGC format. It can lock an opposing Talonflame as well since Brave Bird won't be able to touch you since Gale Wings makes Brave Bird be +1 priority.
ok so I have a Fletchling that I already have and it has perfect stats. Should I just breed it with a male Archeops?

Celever

Wheeeee~
ok so I have a Fletchling that I already have and it has perfect stats. Should I just breed it with a male Archeops?
If you need help with breeding the perfect Talonflame, check out the guide here! :D However, something which isn't mentioned in the guide which you seem to be confused about is that the Archeops needs to know Quick Guard itself, which it can learn via level up so it should be easy to obtain. :)