M Scizor-EX

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
This thread is for all discussion of competitive M Scizor-EX variants in the Standard format. This includes strategies and matchups.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, please post in the Deck Garage.

M Scizor-EX Skeleton List:

Pokemon: 10
  • 4 Scizor-EX
  • 3 M Scizor-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
  • 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Parallel City
Energy: 10
  • 10 Metal Energy
Open spots: 7

Notes:
  • Popular additions include Ability disruption including Garbodor BKP and Hex Maniac.
  • Additional Energy disruption like Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer is also a common addition.
  • Some lists choose to run Shield Energy in place of some basic Metal Energy.

Honestly, I feel that Hex is better than Garb in Mega Scizor. You also then have room for tech supporters and more consistency. Hammers are then a really good option for Mega Scizor. Just today I actually won a league challenge using hex and hammers.

Cutting Garbo does leave you a lot more room for things, like hex. But in the event you run into Volcanion's, unless you have played Hex already, it's almost an auto loss. You'd almost have to run 2-3 hex just to make it as viable as Garbo. Granted I think it can be done, but it's a risk. Plus, you're not going to get Garbo going early anyway, you'll be lucky if you get him T-3 or T-4

Cutting Garbo does leave you a lot more room for things, like hex. But in the event you run into Volcanion's, unless you have played Hex already, it's almost an auto loss. You'd almost have to run 2-3 hex just to make it as viable as Garbo. Granted I think it can be done, but it's a risk. Plus, you're not going to get Garbo going early anyway, you'll be lucky if you get him T-3 or T-4
Volcanion is a terrible matchup even with Garbodor, heavy Parallel City, and Shield Energy. I run Hex in my own personal list because I'd rather make my good matchups better than try to turn a 10-90 into a 20-80.

Cutting Garbodor really hurts your Greninja BREAK matchup, they go from doing 60 damage per turn (with Parallel City up) to doing 120 and being able 2HKO you and winning the prize trade, it gets even worse if they run some Max Potions.

Your Yanmega BREAK, Vespiquen, Primal Kyogre and Mega Sceptile matchups also get much harder since you cant shut down Yanmega, Unown, Klefki, Ariados and Manaphy consistently.

Running 2 Hex Maniac over the 2-2 Garbodor line has the advantage of being more consistant against Giratina variants though and that shouldnt be taken lightly.

A card I like to play in the deck is Pokemon Center Lady, this deck cant 1HKO the opponent so you will be trading 2HKO blows, adding PCL allows you to turn their 2HKOs into 3HKOs and with all the disruption the deck has it becomes really effective.

3 Hex is bad. Way too much. I was thinking about 2 Hex, 4 Hammer, 1 Cobalion, and dropping the Super Rod for 1 Mr. Mime or a Pokémon Center Lady.

The Generations one for Bench Barrier. Yveltal(Fright Night) is more or less a secret competitor that people are playing. And since they win the prize trade and shut down our spirit Links, the closest thing to a solution is to add the Mime.
Trying running 2 flare grunt. Mr mime is a bad starter.

I prefer running Garbodor and 1 Hex Maniac as I should ideally use Shaymin/Hoopa on turn 1 or 2.
Consider that you can stop GiratinaEX (which shuts down your M-ScizorEX), VolcanionEX, and Greninja BREAK, and every other ability your opponent tries to use.
And there is very ,very limited tool removal right now.

I get adding Mr. Mime against Fright Night Yveltal since that deck is becoming more popular (I'm even playing it), but if I was playing against someone who used Mr. Mime, he'd be the first thing I Lysandre to the front to do an easy OHKO with Yveltal EX. I just dont know that Mr. Mime fits in the deck when you run garbodor

I get adding Mr. Mime against Fright Night Yveltal since that deck is becoming more popular (I'm even playing it), but if I was playing against someone who used Mr. Mime, he'd be the first thing I Lysandre to the front to do an easy OHKO with Yveltal EX. I just dont know that Mr. Mime fits in the deck when you run garbodor
Trying running 2 flare grunt. Mr mime is a bad starter.
Yeah, as of right now, it's just playtesting. I thought I'd mention it even though I probably wouldn't play it. It is a bad starter and a bad Lysandre target. I thought instead, I'll just play Center Lady. 4 Hammers and Iron Crusher by itself is a lot of disruption(plus 1 Flare Grunt), I just don't think I need them THAT much. I might change m mind though to be honest.

This skeleton list is great! I run energy denial with garb, and I really like this list! This is such a good deck I run it in TCGO tournaments and win with only one shaymin-ex!

Is Crushing Hammer actually good in this deck? I feel like the four spaces it takes up could be better used by cards like Max Potion and more copies of Mega Turbo, any other thoughts?

It's hit or miss to be honest, but the benefit of you hit it, slows down your opponent tremendously

Is Crushing Hammer actually good in this deck? I feel like the four spaces it takes up could be better used by cards like Max Potion and more copies of Mega Turbo, any other thoughts?
Yes, Crushing Hammer is great because it gives you that option to totally lock your opponent down, and because hardly any Pokemon OHKO Scizor that way, Max Potion and Mega Turbo are totally unnecessary when your opponent doesn't attack, OR KO you. It really is what drives your opponent into total insanity. when they have to deal with this deck. It also helps the Fright Night matchup, and that by itself is a reason to play 4.

I think that I would be fine with playing 3 Hexes. I know that it is too much, but I would totally do it if I wasn't going to play Garbodor. I do think he is a bit slow to set up and really you should be using all of your focus in getting your Scizor line ready first than Garbodor. I love the idea of Pokemon Center Lady because she can help you get the KO first before your opponent does when you guys are exchanging blows for blows. I want to add weakness policy to my deck, but I feel like it is clunky and I would rather have a spirit link on my Scizor instead. I just want to have a better chance against Volcanion when the game matters.

I have been recently toying with the idea of replacing garbodor with weavile from steam seige. I don't really use garbodor that much at this time. And there are a few fire decks I have to deal with.

There are a few fun tools that benefit M Scizor and allows you to just stack ur bench with tools to switch around at will.

-assault vest
- weakness policy
-float stone
-floral crown
-exp share
-burst balloon

Could even add a genesect ex for rapid blaster for the last prizes. Thanks to exp share.

Back