• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Despair Ray Mega Gardevoir

Snek

AHHH!
XY11_EN_112.png

17 Pokemon
4- Gardevoir EX (STS)
3- M Gardevoir EX (STS)
3- Shaymin EX
2- Hoopa EX
2- Dragonite EX (EVO)
2- Rattata (EVO)
1- Raticate (EVO)

33 Trainers (10 Supporters)
4- Gardevoir Spirit Link
4- Ultra Ball
4- VS Seeker
3- Fairy Drop
3- Trainers' Mail
2- Max Elixir
2- Sky Field
1- Super Rod

3- Professor Sycamore
2- N
2- Lysandre
1- Pokemon Center Lady
1- Pokemon Fan Club
1- Brock's Guts / Karen

10 Energy
10- Fairy Energy

Hoopa and Shaymin set up M Gardevoir quickly and fuel its Despair Ray attack. Dragonite returns Pokemon to your hand to continue fueling Despair Ray. Rattata gives you better matchups against anything running spirit links or Fighting Fury Belt. And Raticate punishes special energy users.

I'm not sure if Sky Field is the right way to go with this. It allows you to hit 170-190 with Despair Ray, but I wonder if I might get more use out of Fairy Garden. I don't have any switching cards in the deck and that doesn't sit right with me. One other card I feel like is missing from the deck is Hex Maniac. Volcanion outspeeds this deck, and so I would prefer having at least one Hex.

I think Fairy Drop and Pokemon Center Lady can be really powerful in this format. 210 is a hard number to hit as it is, but it becomes a lot harder for your opponent when you're continuously healing sizable chunks of damage off.

Last edited:
@Otaku this is something along the lines of what you were saying

I would add at least 2 N because its a great end of game option if youre behind on prizes, and because of how little amount of some of the important tools and item cards you have you should really consider 3 Trainers mail. I would also only put Fairy energy, and drop the special charge. I would also just remove FOGP due to the fact that vespiqueen shouldnt be your main attacker, obviously mega gard should be, and instead put skyfield in and add a hoopa EX. Another thing is, you can get garb setup turn 2 or 3 making klefki and unkown useless after that, I wouldnt even put it in this deck list because it removes discard options that this deck relies on. I obviously havent tried this on TCGO but ill build it and tell you how it goes

+2 N
+3 Trainers Mail
+4 Fairy energy
+1 Gardevoir EX
+1 Mega Gard STS
+2 Skyfield
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Gard Spirit link

-2 Evosoda
-1 special charge
-3 FOGP
-4 DCE
-2 Trubbish
-2 Garbador
- 1 Ultra Ball

Hey you took my idea! lol superdan's suggestions should give you a pretty solid deck. Garbodor really served little purpose, and just would have clogged the deck. One thing I would like to point out is that Karen could be a good idea (as a one-of) when you want to use Mega Gardevoir again, completely resetting the discard.

I was in the middle of updating the list while you both posted, and as it turns out I already made some of the changes @superdan51 recommended. In person, I don't have a third Mega Gardevoir or a Hoopa-EX, but I do plan on putting them in. I'll test around with the other suggestions too.

I was in the middle of updating the list while you both posted, and as it turns out I already made some of the changes @superdan51 recommended. In person, I don't have a third Mega Gardevoir or a Hoopa-EX, but I do plan on putting them in. I'll test around with the other suggestions too.
As soon as Steam Siege gets inputted into TCG ONE, head over there. You can test for free, with any card you want, whenever you want.

If I may suggestion a version as well using your list as reference,
3 gardevoir Steam Siege
3 mega Gardevoir Steam Siege
2 blitzel
2 zebstrika
3 combee
3 vespiqueen
2 Garbodor
2 Trubbish
2 kelfki
3 unknown
2 Shaymin
4 juniper
1 Lysandre
2 N
3 spirit link
2 float stone
2 parallel city
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS seeker
1 Super Rod
4 DCE
6 fairy
Now I know that not all the cards are available to you at this moment in time but here is another list to consider. I really like the concept of the deck. I took the same pokemon list minus a gardevoir, (in favor of more trainers/supporters etc). Also I do not feel that special charge is needed since vespiqueen should be a late game finisher. As for the super rod and the 4th ultra ball as well, it could be cut for 2 mega turbo instead. Parallel city can be used late game as well if you need those 2 extra pokemon in your discard pile I'm order to knock out a pokemon with vespiqueen. Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I took out the Garbodor line in favor of two Hex Maniac, one Hoopa-EX, and another Lysandre. I also upped the Gardevoir and M Gardevoir Count, and took out the Forest of Giant Plants.

Back