Blog Discussing the Dual-Types: Are They Viable or Just Cool to Look At?

It'll be an interesting play for sure. Once the meta gets ironed out for sure, we'll see it come in different shapes and sizes. I wonder what @crystal_pidgeot wants to say after the last bit of that comment. Prove him wrong with your logic on Galvantula? d:

It'll be an interesting play for sure. Once the meta gets ironed out for sure, we'll see it come in different shapes and sizes. I wonder what @crystal_pidgeot wants to say after the last bit of that comment. Prove him wrong with your logic on Galvantula? d:

Galvantula has a lot going for it. With FoGP, it can come into play the same turn. Going second means if your opponent played two Shaymin EX, you put 60 damage on all of them. Against Greninja, you KO the frogs on the bench and hit Grass weak things hard. Since the attack cost a single energy, you can setup other attackers. Serperior likes Galvantula. In Expanded, you can run one of these as a tech in Night March and KO bench Joltiks. With the other spider Pokemon, you can run Virbank City Gym and hit the bench while Poison works on the active.

While it could be better, its a very good anti meta card. It has life outside of Rainbow Road and uses while in the deck. It can pressure while you setup for your huge attack. Testing will prove that the card is very strong. It has 2 very good typings, access to FoGP, splashable in any deck and punishes common weakness in the meta while also hitting the bench for weakness.

Galvantula has a lot going for it. With FoGP, it can come into play the same turn.

Surely Galvantula can't evolve turn 1 with FoGP because the Joltik is pure Lightning, and the card doesn't read "If a Pokémon would evolve into a {G} Pokémon, it can evolve during your first turn or on the turn it was played".

$_35.JPG

Surely Galvantula can't evolve turn 1 with FoGP because the Joltik is pure Lightning, and the card doesn't read "If a Pokémon would evolve into a {G} Pokémon, it can evolve during your first turn or on the turn it was played".

$_35.JPG

There isn't a Grass type Joltik?

*edit*

I guess not. What happened here?

Mega Steelix FTW. Not only is the card I got in my first Steam Siege pack cool looking, it's also awesome competitively.

@Serperior

Loved your article. My only real issue is just how much of your article is the story leading up to it. It's not badly written or anything- I'd just rather read more pokemon content.

Thanks @socery - I know that the first chunk was a definite gamble, if that was what you were referring to. I included the history in my article more as an educational piece because younger players didn't have this kind of card exposure or at least don't have much of a knowledge of it, and it's cool to have all of it in one place as I did if someone was genuinely interested in the subject. If you're referring to my intro about my first Nationals, then I would argue that I use that for the audience to get to know me a little better. I like to include a personal spin in my articles as to better characterize the voice behind the text with the intro as well as my dialogue. And it's also a nice transition into my material haha.

Back