• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electric Deck (2017 Standard New Rotation)

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon (16):
2x Jolteon-EX - GEN 28
3x Magnemite - BKT 51
2x Magneton - BKT 53
3x Magnezone - BKT 54
2x Raikou - BKT 55
2x Remoraid - BKT 32
2x Octillery - BKT 33

Trainer Cards (32):
3x Rough Seas - PRC 137
2x Wally - ROS 94
3x Ultra Ball - DEX 102
2x Escape Rope - PRC 127
1x Evosoda - GEN 62
1x Fisherman - BKT 136
2x Fighting Fury Belt - BKP 99
3x VS Seeker - SV 140 / PHF 109
3x N - FAC 105
2x Lysandre - AOR 78
1x Float Stone - BKT 137
3x Professor Sycamore - BKP 107
2x Level Ball - AOR 76
2x Professor's Letter - BKT 146
2x Rare Candy - PRC 135

Energy (12):
2x Double Colorless Energy - FAC 114
8x Lightning Energy
2x Flash Energy - AOR 83

I have finally finished editing my deck and here is what I have so far.

This deck is for the new 2017 Standard Rotation.
Get Raikou or Jolteon EX out as soon as possible. Using Magnezone as an energy grabber and putting 'em on Raikou for huge amounts of damage. Or Double Colorless Energy to let Jolteon use Flash Ray faster. Octillary is there for extra draw power every turn.

09/06/2016 edit: -1x Fighting Fury Belt, -1x Ultra Ball. +2x Professor's Letter.
09/08/2016 edit: -1x Magneton, -1x Evosoda. +2x Rare Candy

Last edited:

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
Is there another card besides Shaymin because that is just way too expensive. Thanks so much for the help!

JesseRosdahl_5

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu EX (XY promo; Pikachu box comes out in September) might be another nice end game attacker to add to your deck. Low HP, but with the right amount of energy in hand Pika can 1HKO any Pokemon in play. Fisherman will help you reload your Pika to keep the attacks going!

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
I don't really think there is anything else for this specific deck that could really help out. Octillery won't quite do it. Best to just keep trying.
Octillery works surprisingly well in this deck. Around cities, a lot of people were testing Magnezone, and they were using Octillery. Not only is it a non-EX, but you can use it every turn without having to clutter your bench with multiple Shaymins. Also, you're probably dumping a ton of Lighting Energy, so it's a great replenisher, especially since you want Fisherman/Clemont and Raikous/Jolteons. I know it's a lot of evolutions, but it's worth testing.

Also I think that a Pokemon Ranger would be great, especially if Greninja is popular. Furthermore, my favorite card from Steam Siege, Ninja Boy. You didn't get a Magnemite turn one? No problem? The situation changed and you need to switch from Jolteon to Raikou or vise versa? You're covered. Got a stray Raikou and no Magnemite? It would be his pleasure to turn that into a Magnemite which you can immediately Rare Candy->Magnezone. It's spectacular in decks with Evolutions, especially support Evolutions. But because it's so situational, one should suffice.

I hope this helps:D

stokeDstoka

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think you will be able to put 4 VS seekers in your deck. In the 2017 standard new rotation, VS seeker is a secret rare card.

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
I have 4 VS Seekers from older sets. Should be ok, right? 1 from Supreme Victors and 3 others from Phantom Forces.

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu EX (XY promo; Pikachu box comes out in September) might be another nice end game attacker to add to your deck. Low HP, but with the right amount of energy in hand Pika can 1HKO any Pokemon in play. Fisherman will help you reload your Pika to keep the attacks going!

Thank you so much. I'll have to check that one out. I'm still currently editing my deck to improve it more.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Octillery works surprisingly well in this deck. Around cities, a lot of people were testing Magnezone, and they were using Octillery. Not only is it a non-EX, but you can use it every turn without having to clutter your bench with multiple Shaymins. Also, you're probably dumping a ton of Lighting Energy, so it's a great replenisher, especially since you want Fisherman/Clemont and Raikous/Jolteons. I know it's a lot of evolutions, but it's worth testing.

Also I think that a Pokemon Ranger would be great, especially if Greninja is popular. Furthermore, my favorite card from Steam Siege, Ninja Boy. You didn't get a Magnemite turn one? No problem? The situation changed and you need to switch from Jolteon to Raikou or vise versa? You're covered. Got a stray Raikou and no Magnemite? It would be his pleasure to turn that into a Magnemite which you can immediately Rare Candy->Magnezone. It's spectacular in decks with Evolutions, especially support Evolutions. But because it's so situational, one should suffice.

I hope this helps:D
I agree, Octillery's consistency cannot be matched by the likes of Shaymin. :D
Using Octillery in my Flacanion deck for the same reason, having something to draw with each turn really helps out decks and Pokemon which need a strong set up, Jolteon and Raikou would be an example of that.

Petzz

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think you will be able to put 4 VS seekers in your deck. In the 2017 standard new rotation, VS seeker is a secret rare card.
If 1 version of a card is legal, all versions of the card is legal. So you can still use the phantom forces vs seeker.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I was actually testing the deck out myself, so I can tell you my experience. Shaymin-EX cannot be matched by Octillary. Despite them seeming similar, they really are totally different cards. For that reason, I play 1-1 Octillary, and 1 Shaymin-EX. Also, too much energy. I don't think Flash energy is good, since it is easily removed, and you have no way to retrieve it. I also play a Mew from Fates Collids for multiple reasons. First off, it's a different weakness Pokemon with free retreat, and although it does have low HP, Fury Belts easily fix that. And if you are going to play Skyla, it's only a one-of at most. Here's my list.
Pokemon:16
  • 3 Raikou
  • 1 Jolteon-EX
  • 1 Mew
  • 3 Magnezone
  • 1 Magneton
  • 4 Magnemite
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Remoraid
  • 1 Octillary
Trainers:33
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 FFB
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:11
  • 11 Lightning
Anyway, that's my take on the deck, and things can be rearranged and changed, so take it for what you will. Good luck, and I hope I helped!

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Shaymin-EX cannot be matched by Octillary. Despite them seeming similar, they really are totally different cards. For that reason, I play 1-1 Octillary, and 1 Shaymin-EX.

The choice between Shaymin or Octillery really goes down to what deck you will be putting one of those cards in. Some decks will require consistency over speed. On a side note, the correct spelling is Octillery, make sure to put the correct spelling in your posts, before you start stating your opinion.

suk123

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you so much. I'll have to check that one out. I'm still currently editing my deck to improve it more.
I will also say Pikachu could be very powerfull in this deck, but I would not try to add an extra Jolteon Ex because the power of megas and stage 1 or 2 will increase and of course Pokemon ranger will hurt it ;)

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
I was actually testing the deck out myself, so I can tell you my experience. Shaymin-EX cannot be matched by Octillary. Despite them seeming similar, they really are totally different cards. For that reason, I play 1-1 Octillary, and 1 Shaymin-EX. Also, too much energy. I don't think Flash energy is good, since it is easily removed, and you have no way to retrieve it. I also play a Mew from Fates Collids for multiple reasons. First off, it's a different weakness Pokemon with free retreat, and although it does have low HP, Fury Belts easily fix that. And if you are going to play Skyla, it's only a one-of at most. Here's my list.
Pokemon:16
  • 3 Raikou
  • 1 Jolteon-EX
  • 1 Mew
  • 3 Magnezone
  • 1 Magneton
  • 4 Magnemite
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Remoraid
  • 1 Octillary
Trainers:33
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 FFB
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:11
  • 11 Lightning
Anyway, that's my take on the deck, and things can be rearranged and changed, so take it for what you will. Good luck, and I hope I helped!

Thank you so much! That really gave me an idea of how my deck will be. I will update it in a minute.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Why no Clemont and Rare Candy (are the 2 Wally, 4 Ultra Balls, 2 Evosoda, and 2 Level Ball, plus Octillery sufficient to get a Magnezone consistently (80%+ of the time - my personal metric) into play by T2)?

Denji416

Aspiring Trainer
Why no Clemont and Rare Candy (are the 2 Wally, 4 Ultra Balls, 2 Evosoda, and 2 Level Ball, plus Octillery sufficient to get a Magnezone consistently (80%+ of the time - my personal metric) into play by T2)?

Yep, I just play tested the deck tonight and I'm able to get Magnezone by turn 2 or 3 so far.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Still, no Clemont?
You really don't need it. It's a actually a pretty bad card. I'd rather just play Prof. Letter to save a supporter(which they have a heavy line of)for my turn. Plus Fisherman is a gauranteed use, while Clemont leaves you without the max potential it it's effect. Considering Magnezone typically plays 10-12 Lightning energy, and you'll usually have 1 in the discard, and 3 in play, and maybe 1 in your hand, you're left with 5-6 energy. While yes, you can still use Clemont, I could just Sycamore for most of those said energy AND still have extra cards at hand. Believe me when I say the few people that do use this deck would agree that Fisherman is much better than Clemont. Majority anyway.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
You really don't need it. It's a actually a pretty bad card. I'd rather just play Prof. Letter to save a supporter(which they have a heavy line of)for my turn. Plus Fisherman is a gauranteed use, while Clemont leaves you without the max potential it it's effect. Considering Magnezone typically plays 10-12 Lightning energy, and you'll usually have 1 in the discard, and 3 in play, and maybe 1 in your hand, you're left with 5-6 energy. While yes, you can still use Clemont, I could just Sycamore for most of those said energy AND still have extra cards at hand. Believe me when I say the few people that do use this deck would agree that Fisherman is much better than Clemont. Majority anyway.
Understood. Whereas Fisherman is a "must" in the Magnezone deck, I do run both in my deck. I've found Clemont to be quite most useful early game when going for a heavy T2/T3 attack. So, it's best perhaps "situational," but works well with my play style.