• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon-EX Deck!

Also what do you guys think about Klefki(STS80) in this deck?
I think it could get a bit clunky. The better way to do what you're trying to do with Klefki is FFB/Parallel City. Especially since Garbodor shuts down Klefki. Parallel City/FFB forces the opponent to 3-shot you.

I think it could get a bit clunky. The better way to do what you're trying to do with Klefki is FFB/Parallel City. Especially since Garbodor shuts down Klefki. Parallel City/FFB forces the opponent to 3-shot you.
Good point, then I'll stick to the FFB/Parallel City, but I'm vulnerable to Mega Pokemon that way.

Good point, then I'll stick to the FFB/Parallel City, but I'm vulnerable to Mega Pokemon that way.
Your only problems I can think of would be Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo, but Mega Rayquaza is hard-countered by Parallel City. Mega Sceptile should be a piece of cake, provided they don't run Garbodor, although even against the Garbodor your odds of winning are relatively high.

Your only problems I can think of would be Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo, but Mega Rayquaza is hard-countered by Parallel City. Mega Sceptile should be a piece of cake, provided they don't run Garbodor, although even against the Garbodor your odds of winning are relatively high.
Yeah, Mega Mewtwo is what makes me want to run the Base Set Mewtwo or WonderLock Klefki.

Yeah, Mega Mewtwo is what makes me want to run the Base Set Mewtwo or WonderLock Klefki.
Mewtwo I can agree with, but you should play no more than 1. Mewtwo is a much better choice than Klefki, as it can use FFB, is a 1-prize attacker, and isn't shut off by Garbodor. Not only that, Klefki just gets discarded after a turn and takes up bench space.

Mewtwo I can agree with, but you should play no more than 1. Mewtwo is a much better choice than Klefki, as it can use FFB, is a 1-prize attacker, and isn't shut off by Garbodor. Not only that, Klefki just gets discarded after a turn and takes up bench space.
Alright, how many Shaymins fit into this deck if I run 1-1 Octillery, because I can get my hands on at least one, well try to, if it fits into this deck.

Last edited:
Alright, how many Shaymins fit into this deck if I run 1-1 Octillery, because I can get my hands on at least one.
Shaymins are typically played either 2-3 but I can see 2 in this deck. If you can make 1 work, great! You maybe could just do the one in order to cram in Mewtwo, but that's pushing it a little. For now, I would do just that, proxying a Mewtwo. Test that until you can get another Shaymin. If you're satisfied with the 1 Shaymin and 1 Mewtwo, I would still get another Shaymin to play in other decks. Now here, I'm not saying Octillery is bad, it just has limited uses. Sure, it's a great budget card that can/will bolster consistency, but it's meant for decks that are slower and need the consistency. Gallade/Octillery is a great example, where Gallade abused Abyssal Hand with it's Premonition Ability. Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit a fast deck in a fast format. I would like to say that if/when Shaymin rotates, Octillery will be the replacement, but it's likely rotation will take PRC-BKT.

Shaymins are typically played either 2-3 but I can see 2 in this deck. If you can make 1 work, great! You maybe could just do the one in order to cram in Mewtwo, but that's pushing it a little. For now, I would do just that, proxying a Mewtwo. Test that until you can get another Shaymin. If you're satisfied with the 1 Shaymin and 1 Mewtwo, I would still get another Shaymin to play in other decks. Now here, I'm not saying Octillery is bad, it just has limited uses. Sure, it's a great budget card that can/will bolster consistency, but it's meant for decks that are slower and need the consistency. Gallade/Octillery is a great example, where Gallade abused Abyssal Hand with it's Premonition Ability. Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit a fast deck in a fast format. I would like to say that if/when Shaymin rotates, Octillery will be the replacement, but it's likely rotation will take PRC-BKT.
Hmm... But don't ya think this deck needs more consistency than speed, for example, I need to be drawing an energy every turn/every other turn in order to get going, versus something like Mega Ray which is a burst the bench and attack type deck which needs Shaymin-EX.

Hmm... But don't ya think this deck needs more consistency than speed, for example, I need to be drawing an energy every turn/every other turn in order to get going, versus something like Mega Ray which is a burst the bench and attack type deck which needs Shaymin-EX.
Professor's Letter?

Ya, will run 4 of those, gonna pick up the KeldeoVSRayquaza Battle Deck as it has the staples and 2x VS Seeker as well.
I would maybe keep the count to 3, as you don't want it clogging your deck. On the battle deck part, great idea. Not only does it get you staples, but gives you the option to play Keldeo in expanded should you attend tournaments.

I would maybe keep the count to 3, as you don't want it clogging your deck. On the battle deck part, great idea. Not only does it get you staples, but gives you the option to play Keldeo in expanded should you attend tournaments.
That is a good idea, let me check out some Keldeo decks and see how well they play.
Although, Hawlucha Donphan was something I was thinking about building after my Flareon is complete.

That is actually played as a one-of and sometimes 2-of. Other good additions include ROS Articuno (Delta Plus), Regice, and Glaceon EX.

That is actually played as a one-of and sometimes 2-of. Other good additions include ROS Articuno (Delta Plus), Regice, and Glaceon EX.
Pokemon - 10
3 Seismitoad-EX (FUF 106)
2 Keldeo-EX (BCR 142)
2 Jirachi-EX (PLB 60)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
2 Blastoise (PLB 16)

Energy - 13

3 Double Colorless Energy (FCO 114)
2 Splash Energy (BKP 113)
8 Water Energy (GEN 77)

Trainer - 37

2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
3 Archie's Ace in the Hole (PCL 157)
2 Muscle Band (XY 121)
2 Professor's Letter (BKT 146)
2 Rough Seas (PCL 137)
3 Trainers' Mail (ROS 92)
1 Superior Energy Retrieval (PLF 103)
2 Energy Switch (BLW 94)
3 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
2 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 N (FCO 105)
3 Acro Bike (PCL 122)
3 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
2 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)

Tweaks?

Pokemon - 10
3 Seismitoad-EX (FUF 106)
2 Keldeo-EX (BCR 142)
2 Jirachi-EX (PLB 60)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
2 Blastoise (PLB 16)

Energy - 13

3 Double Colorless Energy (FCO 114)
2 Splash Energy (BKP 113)
8 Water Energy (GEN 77)

Trainer - 37

2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
3 Archie's Ace in the Hole (PCL 157)
2 Muscle Band (XY 121)
2 Professor's Letter (BKT 146)
2 Rough Seas (PCL 137)
1 Superior Energy Retrieval (PLF 103)
2 Energy Switch (BLW 94)
3 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
2 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 N (FCO 105)
3 Acro Bike (PCL 122)
3 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
2 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)

Tweaks?
Get rid of the DCE. Blastoise cannot accelerate it. More Battle Compressors, more energy, more attackers. I also suggest you move this to a separate thread so the Mods don't have to do it for you.

2 Team Magma's Camerupt (DCR 2)
3 Flareon-EX (GEN 128)
2 Team Magma's Numel (DCR 1)
2 Remoraid (BKT 32)
1 Octillery (BKT 33)
10 Fire Energy (GEN 76)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
2 Escape Rope (PCL 127)
1 Team Rocket's Handiwork (FCO 112)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
1 Giovanni's Scheme (BKT 162)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
3 N (FCO 105)
4 Scorched Earth (FCO 110)
2 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Switch (KSS 38)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
2 Evosoda (XY 116)
2 Level Ball (AOR 76)
1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
1 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)

This deck with 2 Volcanion EX and 1 Hoopa EX and possibly another Octillery is what I'll be playing, testing has gone really well. Speed and Consistency is really doing its thing in this deck! Will write up final list in the upcoming month. (Hopefully!) Replacing 2 Scorched Earth with Parallel City.

Back