• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Energy, Arceus

WindierWeavile

Breezing through life as a Weavile on a windy day.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 6

* 4 Arceus PR-XY XY83
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Faded Town AOR 73
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 18

* 2 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 2 Fire Energy GEN 76
* 2 Darkness Energy GEN 81
* 2 Metal Energy GEN 82
* 2 Grass Energy GEN 75
* 2 Water Energy GEN 77
* 2 Lightning Energy GEN 78
* 2 Psychic Energy GEN 79
* 2 Fighting Energy GEN 80

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So the main strategy of the deck is to get as many different energy onto Arceus as possible to start hitting big numbers. The problem this deck has is that it gets very clunky with so much energy and I have a hard time getting multiple energy onto multiple Arceus so I would like some feedback/suggestions on what I could do to fix this deck up just a bit.

One thing you could try is adding a line of Togepi - Togetic - Togekiss ROS with such a strong energy line. Togekiss' ability allows you to look the top 8 cards and attach any energy found there as you wish. It also has Δ Evolution Ancient Trait allowing it to evolve immediately. So T2 you can have Togekiss and Arceus with bunch of energy going on.

Lugia EX might make a good backup/start up attacker. It doesn't care which energy it has attached to use Aeroball. This could also help with the fact that rather than trying to get multiple energy on multiple Arceus you can instead focus on just one or two of them, let Lugia EX start you out and when Arceus is ready bring him out to clean up.

Might I suggest that you find room for 4 Rainbow Energy. Play this in case the basic Energy you need is in your prizes or already discarded.

Might I suggest that you find room for 4 Rainbow Energy. Play this in case the basic Energy you need is in your prizes or already discarded.

I had that thought too but I didn't remember whether rainbow energy was legal right now or not. Also, while it provides one energy of any type, isn't it still a special energy? Arceus's attack specifically requires that it be basic energy to count for its effect.

I had that thought too but I didn't remember whether rainbow energy was legal right now or not. Also, while it provides one energy of any type, isn't it still a special energy? Arceus's attack specifically requires that it be basic energy to count for its effect.
Rainbow energy is a special energy so it wouldn't work with Arceus attack. But I love the togekiss idea! I'll have to test that out! Thank you all for your input!

Back