• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fire birdy ( Talonflame break deck 2017)

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
I am trying in and out, the deck is almost complete but i feel something is weird about it any help would be appreciated.sorry im on my phone to write this post since my cpu broke

POKEMON:15
4 Fletchling sts
2 Fletchinder sts
4 Talonflame sts
3 Talonflame break sts
2 Houndoom-Ex bkt

ITEM/TRAINER:19
1x Town map
3x Vs seeker
4x Ultra ball
1x Float stone
1x Super rod
3x Trainers mail
2x Rare candy
2x Faded Town
2x Bursting balloons

SUPPORTER:12
2x Wally
1x Skyla
3x Sycamore
2x N
1x Birch
1x Hex maniac
1x Lysandre
1x Winona

ERNERGY:12
8 Fire
4 Burning

STRAT:

Getting Talonflame first turn with his ability, if thats not the case i have rare candy or winona to help
Me evolve him.Volcanion for energy ecceleration or houndoom ( they both kinda tanky so can stall a little too) was thinking of Flareon Ex instead of Houndoom but need help deciding.Im testing out ninja boy for switching my basic ,fletchling
For houndoom or Volcanion etc if needed. I think i dont need to explain the rest
Thanks!

Edit:
2 Free slot

Last edited:
Increase the rare candy count or run a 4-4-4 Talonflame line. Also Ninja Boy seems kinda irrelevant so I'd change that

A 4-4-4 line might not be needed. With 2 rare candy, 2 middle step, and the possibility of starting talonflame maybe be enough already.

Though I want to say drop the birch completely and maybe 1 ninja boy. Birch just is underwhelming imo with both N and sycamore in format. Replacing it with maybe a trainers mail or more N/sycamore.

4 burning energy might be too much. I would suggest only 2. Since talon flame is one of ur main attackerst and starters. Which cannot have burning energy attached. Making it harder to attach energy consistently. 7 Fire and 2 burning might be a better count.

Thanks for the feedbAck, i will do some change up! When i can!

Change have been made

Added busting ballon
Couple of fire energy
1 birch now
3 trainers mail
1 level ball

Removed ninja boy,
Volcanion

Last edited:
Hey! I'm new to the Pokemon TCG, and I'm thinking about building Talonflame Break as my first foray into the new Standard format. It's super cheap, relatively fun and easy to play, and seems like a pretty ideal deck to get started with.

Here's where I am currently:

Pokemon: 18
4x Fletchling (Generations)
4x Fletchinder (Steam Siege)
4x Talonflame (Steam Siege)
4x Talonflame Break (Steam Siege)
2x Volcanion (Steam Siege)

Trainers: 14
4x Winona
3x Wally
3x Giovanni's Scheme
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Lysandre
1x Teammates

Items: 12
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
2x Bursting Balloon
2x Special Charge
2x Super Rod
1x Escape Rope

Stadiums: 2
2x Scorched Earth

Energy: 14
10x Fire Energy
4x Burning Energy

I am trying in and out, the deck is almost complete but i feel something is weird about it any help would be appreciated.sorry im on my phone to write this post since my cpu broke

POKEMON:15
4 Fletchling sts
2 Fletchinder sts
4 Talonflame sts
3 Talonflame break sts
2 Houndoom-Ex bkt

ITEM/TRAINER:22
1x Town map
4x Vs seeker
1x Level ball
4x Ultra ball
1x Float stone
1x Super rod
3x Trainers mail
2x Rare candy
3x Scorched earth
2x Bursting balloons

SUPPORTER:11

3 Sycamore
2 N
1 Birch
1 Hex maniac
1 Pokemon ranger
1 Lysandre
2 Winona

ERNERGY:12
8 Fire
4 Burning

STRAT:

Getting Talonflame first turn with his ability, if thats not the case i have rare candy or winona to help
Me evolve him.Volcanion for energy ecceleration or houndoom ( they both kinda tanky so can stall a little too) was thinking of Flareon Ex instead of Houndoom but need help deciding.Im testing out ninja boy for switching my basic ,fletchling
For houndoom or Volcanion etc if needed. I think i dont need to explain the rest
Thanks!
You should keep the Houndooms over a Flareon as Flareon is a more energy heavy attacker and Houndoom will set up another win condition for you (Deck-Out) while you get your Talonflame up and running.

wouldn't volcanion ex be decent to help with one shots?

edit: nevermind i cant read cards lol

Last edited:
i think i got a problem, i played at my local this weekend (tournament) and he was always a lysandre target when i didnt had float stone on him, i think either of them will get both lysandre everytime :S, probably my fault for putting it in to early or something i dont know, i aint pro aha

I'm still working on this deck, and I'm just fine tuning numbers and filling flex slots at this point.

I feel like 4-4-4-4 of the Talonflame line is necessary, and you probably want these to be your only Pokemon. Ideally I'd play 1 or 2 additional basics to reduce mulligans, and to give you something proactive to do whilst setting up your benched Fletchlings. However, I haven't managed to find the ideal Pokemon yet. You want it to be colourless, so you can search for it with Winona if needs be, and it needs to either stall the opponent or accelerate you whilst you fetch up your Talonflames and Breaks in the games in which you don't start with your a Stage 2. Volcanion didn't really work as a starter, and I've considered Bunnelby, but I'm not convinced that's the way to go either.

Winona and Wally are both excellent early game but become lacklustre when you've already pulled most of your Fletch lines, Winona more so. I still feel like you want 3-4 of each. N is better than Sycamore because you have a lot of ways to search your deck, and you often pull cards that you need into your hand, making discard effects bad. Giovanni's Scheme and Teammates have some utility, while Lysandre seems to be a staple 2 of.

I feel like 14 energy should be a minimum, and I've considered playing as much as 16. Are there any efficient ways to fetch energy from your deck?

Scorched Earth is cool sometimes, but the deck doesn't currently access enough energy to be able to fully utilise the card, whilst also maintaining 1 energy discard per turn via Talonflame - it's not that often that you attach double burning energy. Any other suggestions for these slots?

I'm not really sure how many VS Seeker to play. I'm running a lot of Supporters, does this mean I should run more or fewer Seekers than a deck with fewer supporters?

Here's my current updated list:

4x Fletchling
4x Fletchlinder
4x Talonflame
4x Talonflame Break

4x Winona
4x Wally
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Teammates
1x Giovanni's Scheme

3x Ultra Ball
3x VS Seeker
2x Special Charge
2x Super Rod
1x Town Map
1x Escape Rope

2x Scorched Earth

10x Fire Energy
4x Burning Energy

I'm still working on this deck, and I'm just fine tuning numbers and filling flex slots at this point.

I feel like 4-4-4-4 of the Talonflame line is necessary, and you probably want these to be your only Pokemon. Ideally I'd play 1 or 2 additional basics to reduce mulligans, and to give you something proactive to do whilst setting up your benched Fletchlings. However, I haven't managed to find the ideal Pokemon yet. You want it to be colourless, so you can search for it with Winona if needs be, and it needs to either stall the opponent or accelerate you whilst you fetch up your Talonflames and Breaks in the games in which you don't start with your a Stage 2. Volcanion didn't really work as a starter, and I've considered Bunnelby, but I'm not convinced that's the way to go either.

Winona and Wally are both excellent early game but become lacklustre when you've already pulled most of your Fletch lines, Winona more so. I still feel like you want 3-4 of each. N is better than Sycamore because you have a lot of ways to search your deck, and you often pull cards that you need into your hand, making discard effects bad. Giovanni's Scheme and Teammates have some utility, while Lysandre seems to be a staple 2 of.

I feel like 14 energy should be a minimum, and I've considered playing as much as 16. Are there any efficient ways to fetch energy from your deck?

Scorched Earth is cool sometimes, but the deck doesn't currently access enough energy to be able to fully utilise the card, whilst also maintaining 1 energy discard per turn via Talonflame - it's not that often that you attach double burning energy. Any other suggestions for these slots?

I'm not really sure how many VS Seeker to play. I'm running a lot of Supporters, does this mean I should run more or fewer Seekers than a deck with fewer supporters?

4x Fletchling
4x Fletchlinder
4x Talonflame
4x Talonflame Break

4x Winona
4x Wally
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Teammates
1x Giovanni's Scheme

3x Ultra Ball
3x VS Seeker
2x Special Charge
2x Super Rod
1x Town Map
1x Escape Rope

2x Scorched Earth

10x Fire Energy
4x Burning Energy
Perhaps you could consider a single copy of Lugia-EX, is a handy card when it comes down to facing energy heavy decks and provides a good amount of fire power against all other Pokemon.

4x Fletchling
4x Fletchlinder
4x Talonflame
4x Talonflame Break

4x Winona
4x Wally
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Teammates
1x Giovanni's Scheme

3x Ultra Ball
3x VS Seeker
2x Special Charge
2x Super Rod
1x Town Map
1x Escape Rope

2x Scorched Earth

10x Fire Energy
4x Burning Energy
on my part 8 energy and 4 burning were enough for me,i would only add 2 winona at max, because one you used her + your ultra ball , i feel like you can set up before using them all, wich result of having a little bit to much, i aggre on the part we need a basic who can stall or do something while setting up but i have no clu atm except for Houndoom or flareon, i was concidering to add a M houndoom, my friend wanted me to try that but i dont really know if its worth trying.
as for Wally im trying him atm and i added skyla too, Vs seeker i would suggest a minumum of 3 atleast.
FOund scorched earth useless and everyone at my local at playing Mega so i added fade town xD

i did some change with what i am testing right now,deck going good with only a line of 4-2-4 with the rare candu surprinsigly + having 2 free slots now

Back