Mega Evolutions You'd Like to See in Sun & Moon?

i really want a mega arceus, but i kinda doubt it would actually happen for a while. ;p

in all seriousness though, i think a mega for skarmory would be nice. give it skill link, boost in attack, loss in special defense (or maybe speed if they make it a lot heavier) and make steel wing a multiple hit move, or just have a new multiple hit steel move. they could also probably put rock blast in skarmory's learnable moves.

Mega Dewgong. This Pokemon is so great, yet it is so weak.. the main problem though, would be giving it 100 extra base power point without leaving it still weak. They really nead to get extreme with this one, like they did with Mega Beedrill.

I want one of my favorite Pokemon (as just about everyone else in existence): Glaceon. I found this design on the internet and it looks AMAZING!
mega_glaceon_by_lucas_costa-d9nxx1t.png

The spikes make me think of an Ice/Steel possibility but most likely, It'd be Ice.

I would absolutely love a Mega Mightyena. I envision it looking more muscular (not to the extent of Mega Swampert!), much longer fur and bigger teeth. It would have the biggest boost in Attack and Speed. And considering it's the Bite Pokemon I think Strong Jaw would be a fitting ability.

After seeing a recent video by MandJTV, he brought up some interesting points regarding Mega Evolutions.

Before X and Y were released, a good chunk of old Pokemon shown in the previews got Mega Evolutions in those two games. (Such as Lucario, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, and Gengar.) Although, there were a fair share of Pokemon shown in the previews that didn't receive Megas in that generation, such as Tauros, Hariyama, Snorlax, and Zoroark. Audino and Salamence are exempt from the list, since they did eventually receive Mega Evolutions in ORAS.

With Sun and Moon's previews, some new Pokemon can be seen fighting some older Pokemon that already have Mega Evolutions beforehand. The older Pokemon shown in the trailers that did receive Megas were Salamence, Metagross, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Slowbro, and Garchomp.

If history were to repeat itself again this time around, we might have some new candidates eligible for Mega Evolutions. The most potential candidates showcased fighting some new Pokemon are Flygon, Milotic, Dragonite, Fearow, Pangoro, and Krookodile. They have not yet received Megas at this point in time. A recent Japanese trailer showing off Rockruff and Komala showed both Pokemon fighting Arcanine and Electabuzz respectively. This may not say much, but it might hint that some more Pokemon from the Kanto Region might just get Mega Evolutions to celebrate a big milestone, such as the 20th anniversary of the whole franchise. To me, this would hint at what Egg Groups both Pokemon will be a part of.

Although, not all of them will get Megas at the end of the day, but from what X and Y showed off beforehand, we might be seeing a similar pattern being repeated this time around.

If history were to repeat itself again this time around, we might have some new candidates eligible for Mega Evolutions. The most potential candidates showcased fighting some new Pokemon are Flygon, Milotic, Dragonite, Fearow, Pangoro, and Krookodile. They have not yet received Megas at this point in time. A recent Japanese trailer showing off Rockruff and Komala showed both Pokemon fighting Arcanine and Electabuzz respectively. This may not say much, but it might hint that some more Pokemon from the Kanto Region might just get Mega Evolutions to celebrate a big milestone, such as the 20th anniversary of the whole franchise. To me, this would hint at what Egg Groups both Pokemon will be a part of.

Although, not all of them will get Megas at the end of the day, but from what X and Y showed off beforehand, we might be seeing a similar pattern being repeated this time around.

I can buy those Pokemon receiving Megas this game, most of those are either fairly popular or highly requested, so they'd be good candidates for Megas.

I want:
Mega Vespiquen- A Pokemon with three signature moves deserves more than PU
Mega Lilligant- Just a Lilligant lover
Mega Malamar- Unleashing the true evil of the killer squid would look amazing
Mega Spiritomb- IDK why, I just want it
Mega Helioptile- For the sun in Sun and Moon
Mega Mamoswine- Ice is the least represented mega type, so I felt required to add one
P.S. I would want to add a moon related Pokemon to complement Helioptile, I just don't like any of them.
Edit: I also wanted to add that I believe megas should only be given to Pokemon that are falling behind, not those already ahead of the curve (Mewtwo, Sabeleye, Salamence) and should not be overpowering (Kangaskhan). I also believe that some Pokemon are better suited to receiving a new evolution than receiving a mega, and that my choices are not examples of those (I do not feel the need to justify this logic for any of my Pokemon, but I will if requested).

Last edited:
Since 5th gen currently only has 1 mega how about mega cryogonal it should please everyone since it doesn't look like it needs an evo and it deserves something to make it shine.

1. Mega Arceus: Still wanting to be the strongest Pokemon
2. Solrock/Lunatone: Self-Explanatory
3. Mega Spirtomb: Also Self-Explanatory

Last edited by a moderator:
1: solrock and lunatone.... duh!

2: whimsicott and lilligant :p

3:flygon come on!!!

4: mega johto unova and sinnoh starters now gen 1 to 5 will have them.... no gen 6 yet

I'd really like Megas to go to pokemon that have been forgotten or unused in the game, like Klinklang, Stantler, Mismagius, and Torkoal. I can't help but feel some of the General VI megas only existed as fan service and hurt game balance (Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Gengar, Scizor).

Specifically I would like Megas Yammega. It could be a Bug/Dragon type with Speed Boost, raises in Sp. Attack and Speed with a slight buffet to its bulk, and could simply get dragon pulse like they did with Mega Ampharos.

3. Weavile
This would be cool, but I don't know how it should look like, though. :)

There is one already right? There is one in Pokken. Not official??? :eek:

I kinda like the idea of Mega Meloetta (although with Pirouette it would be broken, also we could use the art of my profile pic LOL) Maybe a Mega I don't know... Wigglytuff? Could both of these have increased Sp. Atk and Sp. Def? A little less speed for Wigg, and a little more speed for Mel. Def on Wigg should be lowered and hightened on Mel. Mel could use little less Atk, (who uses Phys on her?) and Wigg hightened Atk. THERE YA GOOOOOO. :p:D

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-25_14-34-7.png
    upload_2016-8-25_14-34-7.png
    95 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
There is one already right? There is one in Pokken. Not official??? :eek:
Nope! The one in Pokken was not a Mega Evolution, but simply a "Synergy Burst Form" :)
Had it been a Mega Evolution, there would've been official artwork of it, and it would have been available in the Main Pokémon Games ;)

Megas I want in Sun and Moon? Not a single one. I have quite a few issues with Mega Evolution(some to the point that it made Generation 6 my least favorite generation). I feel as if Mega Evolution is somewhat biased on giving mostly popular Pokemon Mega Evolution(Kanto starters, Mewtwo, Gyarados, Lucario, Gengar, etc). It adds to the fanservice that Generation 6 shoves down your throat every 5 seconds. This gives a lot of Pokemon, the loss of an opportunity to get any attention, or power that they need to become more viable. Not only that, but apart from Alakazam, Pidgeot and Aggron, most designs just overdo it for me, which is saying something because I happen to like complex designs like Black/White Kyurem. Mega Pokemon, added to the bland story of XY, and the rest of the fanservice to the precious Genwunners really ruined Generation 6 for me. Hopefully they're gone in Sun and Moon, and we get the good old cross-generational evolutions again.

Nope! The one in Pokken was not a Mega Evolution, but simply a "Synergy Burst Form" :)
Had it been a Mega Evolution, there would've been official artwork of it, and it would have been available in the Main Pokémon Games ;)
Ah, cause it kinda looked different. Thanks! ;)

Back