• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fight Alone Lucario

Klefki certainly inspired me in this deck, I was complaining about the lost of Robo Substitute but seems like Klefki would make a good substitute, however without draw support from Shaymin EX or Octillery, I found that the Lucario deck I am using is not consistent, how is your deck performing regards to draw power and getting the cards you need? Are Unowns enough as draw support besides the supporter line?

I've been running with 4 Talonflame (credit YellowSwellow for the idea), and it's been good, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I keep missing pokepuffs. I'm running 4 cupcakes and 4 puzzles too, and I feel like I'm lucky if I can force one or two basics out of my opponents' hands for the entire game. It's got to be just bad luck right now, but this deck is very dependent on having a large imbalance in benched pokemon.

I did have a great game against a Rayquaza deck where he had 6 pokemon on the bench on round 2, but he did not recognize Fight Alone Lucario for what it is. I'm sure that's a lesson he'll remember in the future.

I threw this deck together online yesterday and did a bit of playing with it last night. This is exactly the type of deck I think is super fun to play in knockaround games just because of the cool synergies and the fact that it isn't an EX heavy meta deck. Unfortunately, outside of playing against some of the big bench meta decks that look to be popular post-rotation, this thing might not be for me.

I've done only a small amount of testing with it so far, but just jumping into versus and playing whoever popped up led to this deck getting destroyed most of the time. It seems that it doesn't run very well against randomly/poorly constructed decks. More often than not, the opponent's bench stayed small to non-existent, and the Captivating Pokepuff whiffed the majority of the time. In the few games that I did get Lucario set up quickly and the opponent played right into it by stacking the bench, the deck ran out of steam before crossing the finish line by whittling the bench down to nothing.

I still really want to put this up against some strong, smartly constructed decks to see how it runs, but it's a huge bummer that it seems to be trending toward being largely unsuccessful against the Frankenstein decks you run into online in versus or on a random night at the card shop.

That said, any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong with it or what I might can change about it to make it run a little better in this specific situation?

I really appreciate your feedback. I've really only had a handful of games like you described. I beat a lot of cruddy Waterbox decks that never put more than two Pokemon on the bench. But I wanted to give the deck a test today after reading your reply. I ended up playing a Vespiquen/Machamp-EX/Ariados deck that put quite a bit of pressure on me early in the game. Here's the log if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Game Log Output Begins Here:
1. Scwibbert flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 1 heads and 0 tails, for Beginning of Game.
2. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #1).
3. Scwibbert drew Evosoda.
4. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
5. Scwibbert drew Skyla.
6. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
7. Scwibbert drew Lysandre.
8. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
9. Scwibbert drew Metal Energy.
10. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
11. Scwibbert drew Trainers' Mail.
12. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
13. Scwibbert drew Riolu.
14. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
15. Scwibbert drew Metal Energy.
16. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
17. Riolu became Scwibbert's new Active Pokémon.
18. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
19. NotStylesSofo put Combee onto the Bench.
20. NotStylesSofo played Pokémon Fan Club.
21. NotStylesSofo drew Machamp-EX.
22. NotStylesSofo drew Spinarak.
23. NotStylesSofo put Machamp-EX onto the Bench.
24. NotStylesSofo put Spinarak onto the Bench.
25. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Machamp-EX.
26. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #2).
27. Scwibbert drew Klefki.
28. Scwibbert attached a Metal Energy to Riolu.
29. Scwibbert played Trainers' Mail.
30. Scwibbert drew N.
31. Scwibbert flipped 2 coin(s), resulting in 1 heads and 1 tails, for Double Smash.
32. Scwibbert's Riolu used Double Smash and did 10 damage to NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo.
33. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #3).
34. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
35. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Fury Belt to Machamp-EX.
36. NotStylesSofo put Ariados onto the Bench.
37. NotStylesSofo's Spinarak evolved into Ariados.
38. NotStylesSofo put Vespiquen onto the Bench.
39. NotStylesSofo's Combee evolved into Vespiquen.
40. NotStylesSofo played Giovanni's Scheme.
41. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
42. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
43. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
44. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
45. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Machamp-EX.
46. NotStylesSofo's Ariados used its Poisonous Nest Ability.
47. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo is now Poisoned.
48. Scwibbert's Riolu is now Poisoned.
49. NotStylesSofo's Ariados used its Poisonous Nest attack.
50. NotStylesSofo played Puzzle of Time.
51. Scwibbert's Riolu took 10 damage because it was Poisoned.
52. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo took 10 damage because it was Poisoned.
53. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #4).
54. Scwibbert drew Super Rod.
55. Scwibbert played Evosoda.
56. Scwibbert's Riolu is no longer Poisoned.
57. Scwibbert's Riolu evolved into Lucario.
58. Scwibbert attached a Metal Energy to Lucario.
59. Scwibbert played Lysandre.
60. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo is no longer Poisoned.
61. Ariados became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
62. Scwibbert put Klefki onto the Bench.
63. Scwibbert's Lucario used Fight Alone and did 150 damage to NotStylesSofo's Ariados.
64. NotStylesSofo's Ariados was Knocked Out.
65. Scwibbert took a Prize card.
66. Machamp-EX became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
67. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #5).
68. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
69. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Machamp-EX.
70. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX used Crazy Hammer and did 90 damage to Scwibbert's Lucario.
71. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #6).
72. Scwibbert drew Hex Maniac.
73. Scwibbert put Riolu onto the Bench.
74. Scwibbert played N.
75. Scwibbert drew Exp. Share.
76. Scwibbert drew Evosoda.
77. Scwibbert drew Unown.
78. Scwibbert drew N.
79. Scwibbert drew Riolu.
80. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
81. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
82. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
83. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
84. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
85. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
86. Scwibbert put Unown onto the Bench.
87. Scwibbert's Unown used its Farewell Letter Ability.
88. Scwibbert drew Super Rod.
89. Scwibbert's Klefki used its Wonder Lock Ability.
90. Scwibbert attached a Klefki to Lucario.
91. Scwibbert attached a Exp. Share to Riolu.
92. Scwibbert's Lucario used Fight Alone and did 90 damage to NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX.
93. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #7).
94. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
95. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Sudowoodo.
96. NotStylesSofo played Korrina.
97. NotStylesSofo drew Machamp-EX.
98. NotStylesSofo drew Potion.
99. NotStylesSofo put Machamp-EX onto the Bench.
100. NotStylesSofo played Level Ball.
101. NotStylesSofo drew Spinarak.
102. NotStylesSofo put Spinarak onto the Bench.
103. NotStylesSofo played Potion.
104. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX healed for 30.
105. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX used Crazy Hammer and did 90 damage to Scwibbert's Lucario.
106. Scwibbert attached a Metal Energy to Riolu.
107. Scwibbert's Lucario was Knocked Out.
108. NotStylesSofo took a Prize card.
109. Riolu became Scwibbert's new Active Pokémon.
110. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #8).
111. Scwibbert drew N.
112. Scwibbert played Evosoda.
113. Scwibbert attached a Exp. Share to Lucario.
114. Scwibbert's Riolu evolved into Lucario.
115. Scwibbert played Super Rod.
116. Scwibbert put Riolu onto the Bench.
117. Scwibbert played N.
118. Scwibbert drew Skyla.
119. Scwibbert drew VS Seeker.
120. Scwibbert drew Escape Rope.
121. Scwibbert drew Giovanni's Scheme.
122. Scwibbert drew N.
123. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
124. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
125. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
126. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
127. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
128. Scwibbert played Escape Rope.
129. Vespiquen became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
130. Riolu became Scwibbert's new Active Pokémon.
131. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #9).
132. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
133. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Machamp-EX.
134. Machamp-EX became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
135. NotStylesSofo played Pokémon Catcher.
136. NotStylesSofo flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Pokémon Catcher.
137. NotStylesSofo played Pokémon Catcher.
138. NotStylesSofo flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 0 heads and 1 tails, for Pokémon Catcher.
139. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX used Crazy Hammer and did 90 damage to Scwibbert's Riolu.
140. Scwibbert's Riolu was Knocked Out.
141. NotStylesSofo took a Prize card.
142. Lucario became Scwibbert's new Active Pokémon.
143. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #10).
144. Scwibbert drew Captivating Poké Puff.
145. Scwibbert played Captivating Poké Puff.
146. NotStylesSofo put Cubone onto the Bench.
147. Scwibbert played Skyla.
148. Scwibbert drew Professor's Letter.
149. Scwibbert played Professor's Letter.
150. Scwibbert drew Metal Energy.
151. Scwibbert drew Metal Energy.
152. Scwibbert attached a Metal Energy to Lucario.
153. Scwibbert's Lucario used Fight Alone and did 330 damage to NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX.
154. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX was Knocked Out.
155. Scwibbert took a Prize card.
156. Scwibbert took a Prize card.
157. Sudowoodo became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
158. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #11).
159. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
160. NotStylesSofo attached a Strong Energy to Machamp-EX.
161. NotStylesSofo played Pokémon Fan Club.
162. NotStylesSofo drew Unown.
163. NotStylesSofo drew Unown.
164. NotStylesSofo put Unown onto the Bench.
165. NotStylesSofo's Unown used its Farewell Letter Ability.
166. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
167. NotStylesSofo's Unown used its Farewell Letter attack.
168. NotStylesSofo put Unown onto the Bench.
169. NotStylesSofo's Unown used its Farewell Letter Ability.
170. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
171. NotStylesSofo's Unown used its Farewell Letter attack.
172. NotStylesSofo put Marowak onto the Bench.
173. NotStylesSofo's Cubone evolved into Marowak.
174. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #12).
175. Scwibbert drew Professor Sycamore.
176. Scwibbert played VS Seeker.
177. Scwibbert played Lysandre.
178. Machamp-EX became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
179. Scwibbert's Lucario used Fight Alone and did 270 damage to NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX.
180. NotStylesSofo's Machamp-EX was Knocked Out.
181. Scwibbert took a Prize card.
182. Scwibbert took a Prize card.
183. Sudowoodo became NotStylesSofo's new Active Pokémon.
184. It is now NotStylesSofo's turn (Turn #13).
185. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
186. NotStylesSofo played Ace Trainer.
187. NotStylesSofo played Ace Trainer.
188. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
189. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
190. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
191. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
192. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
193. NotStylesSofo drew a card.
194. Scwibbert drew Evosoda.
195. Scwibbert drew Metal Energy.
196. Scwibbert drew VS Seeker.
197. NotStylesSofo played Fighting Stadium.
198. NotStylesSofo put Ariados onto the Bench.
199. NotStylesSofo's Spinarak evolved into Ariados.
200. NotStylesSofo attached a Fighting Energy to Sudowoodo.
201. NotStylesSofo's Ariados used its Poisonous Nest Ability.
202. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo is now Poisoned.
203. Scwibbert's Lucario is now Poisoned.
204. NotStylesSofo's Ariados used its Poisonous Nest attack.
205. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo used Fight Alone and did 30 damage to Scwibbert's Lucario.
206. Scwibbert's Lucario took 10 damage because it was Poisoned.
207. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo took 10 damage because it was Poisoned.
208. It is now Scwibbert's turn (Turn #14).
209. Scwibbert drew Level Ball.
210. Scwibbert's Lucario used Fight Alone and did 210 damage to NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo.
211. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo is no longer Poisoned.
212. NotStylesSofo's Sudowoodo was Knocked Out.
213. Scwibbert took a Prize card.

Game Log Output Ends Here

tl;dr - There was a turn where I didn't get energy from N where I would have been able to knock out his EX attacker but had to Escape Rope instead. But then my opponent got super unlucky with tails on Pokemon Catcher twice where he would have otherwise been able to completely turn the game around. I ended up winning by taking all my prize cards - four of which came from his only two EX attackers.

Of course, this was just one example of how the deck performs, and you could definitely argue that it failed by not drawing the energy when it needed it. That's not a strategic failure though. It's a structural one. It's honestly not the first time I haven't gotten an energy when I needed it, so I am going to try to find room for a ninth energy and test the deck some more like that.

Over all, I have 76 plays with this deck on PTCGO, and I've won 41, lost 35. Looks bad, but a frustratingly large portion of those losses are actually from a bad wifi signal on my tablet and disconnecting from the middle of a game. I would put my real loss count with this deck in the 20-25 range. Of those losses, a majority were to decks from the soon-ending format or due to misplays on my part. I can only think of a handful of games in which the deck truly whiffed it, or I dwindled my opponent's bench to nothing before I could take all my prize cards.

Lucario does really well against EX Pokemon, which usually set up slower than Lucario. Fight Alone can easily swing for 210 if your opponent has three benched Pokemon. And knocking out your opponent's big main attacker usually guarantees you another turn.

I'm testing the deck with four Captivating Pokepuff now to get the most opportunities to fill up the opponent's bench. And I've won four out of five games since the last edit. I think this deck may also benefit from the addition of Karen which will be coming out soon.

Playing this deck definitely takes a lot of thought. Misplays can cost you the game very easily when you don't have any benched Pokemon. It's pretty gimmicky in that way. And if that's not your flavor, that's alright. I'm glad you tested it out and again, I appreciate your feedback. Still, I'd encourage you to test it some more if from my response you feel like there's something you're missing.

Sorry there's not a tl;dr for this entire comment. lol

Last edited:
Oh, I certainly plan to keep at it. The idea behind this deck is just WAY too fun to give up on. At the very least it will be fun to play against friends and see their reaction when I swing for over 300 with a random non-EX Lucario.

Also, my testing last night was a VERY small sample size in the grand scheme. I know one of my losses was entirely my fault and was the result of a misplay that I realized as soon as I did it, but when it was all over, I'd won 3 and lost 12. In that small sample, my biggest issue was that I couldn't find my biggest issue. I'd lose one game due to not being able to get a Lucario (or really anything else to even stall) on the board. Then I'd lose the next after mowing through the bench while they powered up one big attacker that I just couldn't get the Lysandre to draw out and pick off. Then I'd lose the next to a single moderately strong attacker because they had nothing on the bench and the puff whiffed every time (this happened against a Landorus and a Yveltal). Then I'd lose the next because I was energy starved.

The only one of those that happened more than a couple times was the bench issue. They'd either have nothing (and nothing I could force with a puff) or I'd start strong and run out of steam with just a couple prize cards left. Unfortunately, that's also the only issue I had that I really don't think I can do anything to fix. With such a small sample size, there's every chance that I had just a run of bad luck, but I'm going to really play around with it and see if I can find anything that makes it run a bit smoother/more consistently against those random decks.

Then I'd lose the next to a single moderately strong attacker because they had nothing on the bench and the puff whiffed every time (this happened against a Landorus and a Yveltal).

I actually had the same experience against Yveltal. Whiffed Pokepuff three times, failed to deal enough damage against the one-prize baby Yveltal, and yeah. It could be that some dark variants are a bad matchup against this deck.

I'm looking forward to playing this online more after the rotation hits. And if it doesn't perform like I think it will, I have a backup deck or two to try out.

I like the deck for casual for-fun games and occasional online matches. I playtested it a bit before Steam Siege was released so don't know how the synergy works with Pokepuff. Target Whistle (PHF) rotating out really hurts this deck in best-of-3 tournament games. You might be able to get a surprise win in game 1 but after one notices you're playing just Lucario with no other attackers, it's way too easy to keep your bench clean and avoid any real damage.

An EX can easily take 30 damage per turn for enough time to set up for a KO and then you need to be already prepared with a new Lucario. Without Target Whistle, it's just too easy to go around the pokepuff by discarding their Pokemon.

You might be able to get a surprise win in game 1 but after one notices you're playing just Lucario with no other attackers, it's way too easy to keep your bench clean and avoid any real damage.

An EX can easily take 30 damage per turn for enough time to set up for a KO and then you need to be already prepared with a new Lucario. Without Target Whistle, it's just too easy to go around the pokepuff by discarding their Pokemon.

Target Whistle is a loss for this deck. But I disagree that its "way too easy" to keep a clean bench, especially when so many decks need Shaymin to set up. It's also not too easy to go around Pokepuff when I run four N. If my opponent has one benched mon, that's a 2HKO on anything with 180 HP or less. If it takes two Lucario to take the knock out, that's fine. Lucario can win those prize duels just fine. Discarding Pokemon isn't always easy, and well, Karen is coming to take care of that.

There are some bad matchups for Lucario though. Greninja is definitely one. Mega Mewtwo is a little better, but still bad for Lucario. And it could be that people are playing few enough non-EX basics in Dark variants to avoid getting Pokepuff'd, but I'll bet those versions do worse against more popular decks in the upcoming meta. I expect Fight Alone Lucario will do better online after the format rotates, even though it already plays quite well for me.

Last edited:
The next set might have cards that can help this deck so don't lose hope haha, plus the release of Solgaleo GX next year might be a sign of metal decks rising again :)

An EX can easily take 30 damage per turn for enough time to set up for a KO
Not that it will make a HUGE difference consistently, but if you don't have the Pokemon-in-play advantage to power up Fight Alone, you'd either do 50 or 60 damage per turn instead of 30. You'd use Vacuum Wave for 50 against most things, or Fight Alone for 60 against Metal-weak Pokemon.

I actually won a game last night using only Vacuum Wave because the opponent started with an EX and never got out any bench Pokemon. They couldn't get the EX charged up fast enough to knock out Lucario before I dropped enough Vacuum Waves to win.

I tested this deck at league last night. I played against Volcanion-EX/Flareon, Magnezone/Raikou, Trevenant Break, Talonflame Break, and Delphox Break. Only the first three I mentioned were built for the new format.
-Defeated Volcanion pretty handily.
-Lost to Magnezone/Raikou due to a little bad luck on my part and a bit of good luck on his... although I think he might have beat me anyway due to Electric's resistance to Metal.
-Defeated PCL-on Trevenant Break, but that's not a big surprise.
-I lost to Talonflame Break largely due to Muscle Band. It's not a great matchup for Lucario anyway, but definitely a winnable one in the new format I think.
-Beat Delphox Break due to my opponent's misplay.

Coming away from league, I went ahead and changed a whole bunch of cards in the deck. I've not updated the list in my original post to reflect those changes yet, but I will soon when I feel like writing explanations for all the changes. The downside is that now I can't test at all online, because Ninja Boy is still banned. I also don't have Shaymin online yet, but I have enough tradeable packs to get one.

Pokémon - 12

1 Unown AOR 30
1 Klefki STS 80
1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Cobalion STS 74
4 Riolu FAC 45
4 Lucario FAC 63

Trainer Cards - 40

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
3 Level Ball AOR 76
2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
4 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
3 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Exp. Share PRC 128

2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Switch ROS 91
3 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
1 Reverse Valley BKP 110
3 VS Seeker ROS 110

2 Lysandre AOR 78
4 N FAC 105
3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
2 Ninja Boy STS 103

Energy - 8

8 Metal Energy XY 139

Let me just say again, I think Fight Alone will be a good deck because of what other decks I expect will be in the meta of the next format. Decks that tech bench sitters, play multiple Shaymin, or that capitalize on Pokemon that are weak to Metal. It does not get a great matchup against a number of fun and budget decks that I don't expect to see much of amidst the Mega Pokemon that are sure to shine early next year. In addition to that, there are a couple quite bad matchups for Fight Alone Lucario against good competitive decks like Greninja Break and likely against M Mewtwo as well.

I added Buddy Buddy rescue (credit YellowSwellow), Assault Vest, and Wally and have had more success. I'm still not 100% sold but it's definitely good - real good if start TF.

I had a bit more success testing with it last night. I haven't tweaked it a ton just yet, but I like some of the changes you've made Snek. One of the things I've been consistently thinking while playing is that I'd like to have another option for an attacker, but wasn't sure what direction to go with that. I love the idea of taking out a Klefki and adding Cobalion. I have a couple Shaymin online, but I'm not sure I have a Cobalion. I think I have a paper one, but I sometimes get my paper and digital collections all mixed up, so I'll have to check that this afternoon.

Although, I'm not totally sold on Shaymin being playable in this deck. So far I've found that the amount of cards I'm playing that allow me to dig has been sufficient to set up fairly consistently (I also added 1 more Professor's Letter to help with finding energy, so that's a good change you've made I think). With the ability to quickly set up fairly consistently, I'm not sure I'd ever want or need to plop down a squishy 2 prize Pokemon on the bench. I've also found that unless I have a bout of bad draw luck on the first turn, I don't really run my hand down to the point where a Shaymin would be very useful most of the time. And on those occasions when I do, I generally have a Sycamore there to help me out. There are certainly some situations where I get down to 2-3 cards and don't want to Sycamore away maybe one of them, but I don't think those times are worth plugging up a bench spot with a juicy Lysandre target.

I had a bit more success testing with it last night. I haven't tweaked it a ton just yet, but I like some of the changes you've made Snek. One of the things I've been consistently thinking while playing is that I'd like to have another option for an attacker, but wasn't sure what direction to go with that. I love the idea of taking out a Klefki and adding Cobalion. I have a couple Shaymin online, but I'm not sure I have a Cobalion. I think I have a paper one, but I sometimes get my paper and digital collections all mixed up, so I'll have to check that this afternoon.

Although, I'm not totally sold on Shaymin being playable in this deck. So far I've found that the amount of cards I'm playing that allow me to dig has been sufficient to set up fairly consistently (I also added 1 more Professor's Letter to help with finding energy, so that's a good change you've made I think). With the ability to quickly set up fairly consistently, I'm not sure I'd ever want or need to plop down a squishy 2 prize Pokemon on the bench. I've also found that unless I have a bout of bad draw luck on the first turn, I don't really run my hand down to the point where a Shaymin would be very useful most of the time. And on those occasions when I do, I generally have a Sycamore there to help me out. There are certainly some situations where I get down to 2-3 cards and don't want to Sycamore away maybe one of them, but I don't think those times are worth plugging up a bench spot with a juicy Lysandre target.
Totally agree with no Shaymin in this deck, you can lose 2/3 of your price cards that way, meaning that two more Greninjas and the game is over. Doing a simillar thing in my Flacanion Deck and sticking to Octillery, although this deck won't need Octillery because it runs in a fairly straightforward manner. Either you start with Talonflame and get Water Duplicates or you evolve your way there.

Totally agree with no Shaymin in this deck, you can lose 2/3 of your price cards that way, meaning that two more Greninjas and the game is over.

Yeah I'm almost sure I won't keep Shaymin in. It's a fun idea I had to use Shaymin with Ninja Boy once it's on my bench to swap out for a Klefki or an Unown and then remove that from my bench. In theory, pretty cool idea. In practice, well, that's another story. I'll probably test the deck like this at my League next week. I expect I'll be taking out Shaymin and adding back in an Escape Rope. I'll probably make more changes than that. But that's the point of testing, right?

Yeah I'm almost sure I won't keep Shaymin in. It's a fun idea I had to use Shaymin with Ninja Boy once it's on my bench to swap out for a Klefki or an Unown and then remove that from my bench. In theory, pretty cool idea. In practice, well, that's another story. I'll probably test the deck like this at my League next week. I expect I'll be taking out Shaymin and adding back in an Escape Rope. I'll probably make more changes than that. But that's the point of testing, right?
Absolutely right, my friend.

Now that's an idea I didn't think about! That could actually be a pretty great interaction, there. I might have to chew on that for a bit. I wish they'd hurry up and fix whatever is going on with Ninja Boy so I could start using it online...

I actually think Adding 2 Hex Maniacs would help this deck out alot vs Baby Volcanion/Volcanian combo early game and against Greninja obv.

Back