• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Post Rotation Rainbow Road deck

Ajs07011

Aspiring Trainer
HI all,

Relatively new to the game. Started with Greninja Break, but saw the Xerneas rainbow deck and thought it'd be really good post-rotation, as I think we're going to see a lot of Ex pokemon and Garbodor's for days. Here is the breakdown that I've been testing. Wondering if anyone would be able to give me and feedback, both good and bad!

Pokemon (20)

4x Xerneas (rainbow road)
2x Joltik (steam seige)
1x Galvantula (steam seige)
2x Pawniard (steam seige)
1x Bisharp (steam seige)
2x Vulpix (primal clash)
1x Ninetales (primal clash)
1x Carbink (Fates collide)
1x Mew (Fates collide)
2x Remoraid (breakthrough)
2x Octillery (breakthrough)
1x Lugia-EX

Trainer's (28)
4x Professor Sycamore
3x Fighting Fury Belt
3x VS Seeker
3x Level Ball
2x Max Elixir
2x Brigette
2x Sky Field
2x N
2x Trainer's Mail
2x Skyla
1x Lysandre
1x Super Rod
1x Fisherman

Energy (12)
8x Fairy
4x DCE

Strategy:
the premise behind the deck is pretty straightforward. Load up the bench with different types of pokemon to get the most out of Xerneas. The monster line-up contains fairy, electric/grass, dark/steel, fire, fighting, physic, water, and normal; a total of 10 different types. The re-emergence of dual types (Bisharp is dark/steel and Galvantula is electric/grass) adds a lot of potential. Ninetales (fire) provides the stadium lock, as Sky Field is incredibly important in this decks' success. Carbink (fighting) is great in a pinch when your opponent brings out an EX before your Xerneas and bench are all set up. Mew's (physic) ability to copy an attack and the 0 retreat cost are both nice in a pinch. The Octillery (water) provides yet another pokemon type and a decent draw engine with no Shaymins available to me. Lugia EX (normal) is to get rid of opponents stadiums and provide a secondary/backup attacker

With 2 skyla, 2 sky field, 2 brigette, and 3 VS Seeker, it is not unrealistic to have a set bench with sky field active pretty quickly. Fury belts are a no Brainerwith Xerneas being the main attackereason. That 40 extra HP is immaculate. I use 3 level balls, as everything in this deck minus Xerneas, lugia, and bisharp are all targets. Sycamore, N, and Trainer's MAIL provide draw power for those dumpy hands. I rounded the trainers out with 1 lysandrefor obvious reasons, 1 super rod in case I lose something early on, and 1 Fisherman to replenish energies.

I'm using 8 fairy and 4 dce to round out the energy. I've found 8 to be a good number, as I rarely found myself in need of energy.

Let me know what you guys think! All input would be appreciated. Thanks

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
As some who has been testing this deck extensively for next format... it works.

You are exactly right on running only 1 of the stage 1 pokemon, its extremely rare that you end up with on in the prize pool.
Now to be honest, i dont think skyfield is needed. Infact i use Silent lab to shut down my opponents Hoopas, SyaminEX, and Volcanion. (Volcanion is just destroyed by this deck.)
The biggest problem this deck has is are two things.
1. Unlucky hands.
2. MMewtwo EX.

Mega mewtwo ex is just so hard to beat. WIth just one colorless on their mega they can hit for exactly 160 on your full powered Xerneas. Which is a serious problem for trying to keep up. I have not yet found a way to deal with this deck yet sadly. Any ideas?

Also i have not tried carbink, or Lugia ex. Lugia ex i believe is not needed. As you can already hit 230 with xerneas and full bench for only one fairy and DBC.

Overall i think the deck has huge potential but you will get some REALLy bad hands some games. Its just how the deck works.

Ajs07011

Aspiring Trainer
As some who has been testing this deck extensively for next format... it works.

You are exactly right on running only 1 of the stage 1 pokemon, its extremely rare that you end up with on in the prize pool.
Now to be honest, i dont think skyfield is needed. Infact i use Silent lab to shut down my opponents Hoopas, SyaminEX, and Volcanion. (Volcanion is just destroyed by this deck.)
The biggest problem this deck has is are two things.
1. Unlucky hands.
2. MMewtwo EX.

Mega mewtwo ex is just so hard to beat. WIth just one colorless on their mega they can hit for exactly 160 on your full powered Xerneas. Which is a serious problem for trying to keep up. I have not yet found a way to deal with this deck yet sadly. Any ideas?

Also i have not tried carbink, or Lugia ex. Lugia ex i believe is not needed. As you can already hit 230 with xerneas and full bench for only one fairy and DBC.

Overall i think the deck has huge potential but you will get some REALLy bad hands some games. Its just how the deck works.
Thanks for the input! And yeah, Mewtwo Ex is just a beast. I teched in Carbink because his ability makes it so he can't be touched by EX pokemon, so he's a great staller at the very least. Maybe replace lugia with Jirachi for when MMewtwo undoubtedly hits? I was thinking about using a single copy, but it's steel and I didn't like the overlap with Bisharp. It'll come down to a slugfest with MMewtwo Ex, but I think it's beatable because while he will one hit us for a prize card, if all goes as it should then we should be able to one hit the mewtwo for 2 prize, so we should win on the prize game. This is just in theory though. Haven't had a lot of playtesting except for ptcgo, and it's been wrecking face over there. My only loss since putting it together was against a yveltal darkrai deck where I mulliganed 4 times somehow and really parallelled me into only being able to use 3 bench slots

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the input! And yeah, Mewtwo Ex is just a beast. I teched in Carbink because his ability makes it so he can't be touched by EX pokemon, so he's a great staller at the very least. Maybe replace lugia with Jirachi for when MMewtwo undoubtedly hits? I was thinking about using a single copy, but it's steel and I didn't like the overlap with Bisharp. It'll come down to a slugfest with MMewtwo Ex, but I think it's beatable because while he will one hit us for a prize card, if all goes as it should then we should be able to one hit the mewtwo for 2 prize, so we should win on the prize game. This is just in theory though. Haven't had a lot of playtesting except for ptcgo, and it's been wrecking face over there. My only loss since putting it together was against a yveltal darkrai deck where I mulliganed 4 times somehow and really parallelled me into only being able to use 3 bench slots

Got to say, feels great to talk about this deck with someone else!

Ok so i have got a few questions.
1. How is level ball holding up? Right now i have been using Ultra ball and i havent ever thought i might need Level ball instead. Ultra also helps with Octillary to help draw more cards and fine xerneas.
2. How about Skyla Fisherman, and max elixir? Have those been valuable to you? I havent tested them but they dont look like they would help much. (Ill explain why.)

- Max eliexir. I dont think we can afford to remove all energy on a xerneas just to heal it, we would need to power it back up again, and by that point it will most likely die by that time. We odnt have any energy acceleration so it seems quite painful.

- Fisherman. I have never been in a postion where i needed more basic energy from grave. If anything it would be more DBC. How has this been working out?

- SUper rod. This one i want to test out. It seems quite nice for late game long hauls, getting back a stage 1s and some basics/ energy.

Ajs07011

Aspiring Trainer
Got to say, feels great to talk about this deck with someone else!

Ok so i have got a few questions.
1. How is level ball holding up? Right now i have been using Ultra ball and i havent ever thought i might need Level ball instead. Ultra also helps with Octillary to help draw more cards and fine xerneas.
2. How about Skyla Fisherman, and max elixir? Have those been valuable to you? I havent tested them but they dont look like they would help much. (Ill explain why.)

- Max eliexir. I dont think we can afford to remove all energy on a xerneas just to heal it, we would need to power it back up again, and by that point it will most likely die by that time. We odnt have any energy acceleration so it seems quite painful.

- Fisherman. I have never been in a postion where i needed more basic energy from grave. If anything it would be more DBC. How has this been working out?

- SUper rod. This one i want to test out. It seems quite nice for late game long hauls, getting back a stage 1s and some basics/ energy.
Haha right?! When I first put this together I split 2 level ball and 2 ultra ball. I found ultra ball was kind of a waste, because I was discarding resources unecessarily. Level ball searches out literally everything in here minus Xerneas and bisharp, even octillery, so that's nice.

I think skyla is amazing. A tad slow being a supporter card, but it essentially let's me search out anything I want. If I need to load my bench, I can go get brigette for next turn. If I havr nothing in my hand useful, I can go for N or Sycamore. If I need to expand my bench, I can go for sky field. If I need to beef up my xerneas, I can go for fighting fury. If I need that octillery out for draw power or the carbink to stall, I can go for level ball. It's essentially a wildcard for whatever you need, and I love the versatility of it. Max elixir is cool when it hits, but only running 8 basics it tends to miss pretty often. I'm not sure what you were describing but max elixir let's u look at the top 6 cards in your deck, and take a basic energy u have and attach it tout a pokemon on your bench, so if you have a benched xerneas, it's awesome lol. Fisherman was kind of a throw in, mainly because I find myself running through my deck extremely quickly so being able to add a few cards back in, and even replenish some things like early downed basics or something, it has its uses. Super rod I just put into the deck list this morning so not sure how it'll test. In theory it seems like it'd be good, especially if you lose a xerneas or 2. I experimented with xp share but I didn't like that I had an xp share on a xerneas then couldn't replace it with the fighting fury, so I ditched that. May be worthwhile to add a second Lysandre, or maybe even 1 ultra ball in case you need to get the bisharp out for the extra dmg

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
Haha right?! When I first put this together I split 2 level ball and 2 ultra ball. I found ultra ball was kind of a waste, because I was discarding resources unecessarily. Level ball searches out literally everything in here minus Xerneas and bisharp, even octillery, so that's nice.

I think skyla is amazing. A tad slow being a supporter card, but it essentially let's me search out anything I want. If I need to load my bench, I can go get brigette for next turn. If I havr nothing in my hand useful, I can go for N or Sycamore. If I need to expand my bench, I can go for sky field. If I need to beef up my xerneas, I can go for fighting fury. If I need that octillery out for draw power or the carbink to stall, I can go for level ball. It's essentially a wildcard for whatever you need, and I love the versatility of it. Max elixir is cool when it hits, but only running 8 basics it tends to miss pretty often. I'm not sure what you were describing but max elixir let's u look at the top 6 cards in your deck, and take a basic energy u have and attach it tout a pokemon on your bench, so if you have a benched xerneas, it's awesome lol. Fisherman was kind of a throw in, mainly because I find myself running through my deck extremely quickly so being able to add a few cards back in, and even replenish some things like early downed basics or something, it has its uses. Super rod I just put into the deck list this morning so not sure how it'll test. In theory it seems like it'd be good, especially if you lose a xerneas or 2. I experimented with xp share but I didn't like that I had an xp share on a xerneas then couldn't replace it with the fighting fury, so I ditched that. May be worthwhile to add a second Lysandre, or maybe even 1 ultra ball in case you need to get the bisharp out for the extra dmg

LOL Max Elixir / Max potion! Lol ok now i get it

Hmm, that could work. 8 energy is about the minimum for that to work... yeah i can give it a try. Could help.

Also here is my decklist just to make things easier.

Pokemon: 17
4 - Xerneas
2x Remoraid
2x Octillary
2x Vulpix
1x Ninetails
2x Joltik
1x Galvantula
2x Pawniard
1x Bisharp

Trainers:
4x Ultra Ball
3x Float stone
3x Fighting Fury belt
2x Silent lab
2x Briggete
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac
4x Trainers Mail
3x VS Seeker
3x N
4x Sycamore

Energy: 12
8x Fairy energy
4x DBC

With this deck my matchups are as follows.

Volcanion EX - Utterly destroyed by Silent lab lock. They have no way to powerfup their fire pokemon and can only hit for 140 with fighting fury belt.

Mega Ray - Though they are very fast with mega turbo, they are also shut down by Silent lab. They can only hit for 150. Which means they cant OHK you. Which is nessesary.

Greninja Break - Even though thery should not be a lot of greninja decks after rotation due to Garbador...we still have a good matchup. Galvantula really helps here. Being able to take out any basic Pokemon they have beside Talon flame. Thus helping you gain the prize advanatage.

MGardevoir EX - We can out trade them prize wise. And they are weak to Lysandre. Also Bisharp helps out here as well.

Giratina EX - Weak to Fairy, so its a peice of cake.

Thats all the main matchups i can think have and have faced. Again, only deck that seems to be a nightmare is Mewtwo EX...i dont know how to deal with it.

Last edited:

Ajs07011

Aspiring Trainer
LOL Max Elixir / Max potion! Lol ok now i get it

Hmm, that could work. 8 energy is about the minimum for that to work... yeah i can give it a try. Could help.

Also here is my decklist just to make things easier.

Pokemon: 17
4 - Xerneas
2x Remoraid
2x Octillary
2x Vulpix
1x Ninetails
2x Joltik
1x Galvantula
2x Pawniard
1x Bisharp

Trainers:
4x Ultra Ball
3x Float stone
3x Fighting Fury belt
2x Silent lab
2x Briggete
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac
4x Trainers Mail
3x VS Seeker
3x N
4x Sycamore

8x Fairy energy
4x DBC
Very interesting. And very similar lol. So in a perfect world, you'd have xerneas beefed up and on the field, then another xerneas, galvantula, bisharp, octillery, and ninetales taking up the 5 bench slots. So that's still am extra 210 dmg, plus the 10 base and potentially another 10 from fighting fury, so your hitting for 230. Cam take out pretty much anything except wailord. That's in a perfect world of course. How has float stone worked for you? How often would you say you are able to fill your bench?

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting. And very similar lol. So in a perfect world, you'd have xerneas beefed up and on the field, then another xerneas, galvantula, bisharp, octillery, and ninetales taking up the 5 bench slots. So that's still am extra 210 dmg, plus the 10 base and potentially another 10 from fighting fury, so your hitting for 230. Cam take out pretty much anything except wailord. That's in a perfect world of course. How has float stone worked for you? How often would you say you are able to fill your bench?

Yeah thats the main idea. I get that field on my second turn going first around 75% of the time i would say. (Estimate) And even if i dont hit mega levels of damage, if i can reach 170 -200 i am in good condition. Because your opponent probably doesnt have a mega up yet beside maybe Mega ray.

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
Interesting concept. The dual-types could certainly add some power to Rainbow Road. At the moment you would need to run Sky Field and a bunch of random Pokemon-EX to get decent damage output. Fighting Fury Belt will really be good considering it can't be knocked off.

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting concept. The dual-types could certainly add some power to Rainbow Road. At the moment you would need to run Sky Field and a bunch of random Pokemon-EX to get decent damage output. Fighting Fury Belt will really be good considering it can't be knocked off.

Actually what i was debating with the op is that.... you dont need sky field.

You already have the max damage you could ever need with a full bench of 5. 10 + Fighting Belt +10 + 7 pokemon types (2 are dual) = 230.

You can instead focus on locking down the fields zone with Ninetails. You wont be afraid of Mega ray because you dont need skyfield to defeat them (Wheras they NEED it) and you can instead shutdown their shaymin ex, and hoopa exs.

Moriatti

Even if you lost, is it so bad?
Splash in Fates Collide Mew for M Mewtwo EX, since it can versatile xerneas for double damage?

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
Splash in Fates Collide Mew for M Mewtwo EX, since it can versatile xerneas for double damage?

Damage is not the problem though. Its speed. We need at least 2 turns to fully set up a Xerneas. Where as they only need one DCE on a Mega to knock us out.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
If speed is the problem against M-Mewtwo EX, perhaps Klefki (from Steam Siege) could be the solution.
It will give you the needed protection during one turn, and Xerneas will OHKO M-Mewtwo next turn ! :)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I honestly think you DO need Sky field. And if speed is the problem, then play Sky field. Also, as for the dual typed Pokemon, I feel like they're another factor in the speed variable. I would just play Volcanion-EX since it's a basic, plus it's beefy enough to sustain a Lysandre-attack. Plus, dropping the 2-1 lines would save you invaluable space. You need 4 VS Seeker definitely. Drop the Lugia for a Shaymin, it's another thing for the speed factor, and with Volcanion, it's type becomes useless.
And with the Ninetales, once you get set up, losing a Sky Field and trying to boost damage is just a matter of drawing another one, plus a basic to bench. I think the Mew is necessary since it has a good type for the M Mewtwo matchup, plus it's another attacker with free retreat as a bonus. This is my skeleton

Pokemon:12
  • 4 Xerneas
  • 1 Carbink
  • 1 Mew
  • 1 Volcanion-EX
  • 1 Basic Pokemon
  • 1 Evolution Pokemon
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Jirachi
  • 1 Basic Pokemon(type depends on Evolution)
Trainers:32
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Ranger
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 DCE
  • 6 Fairy
  • 2 Basic Energy(Either Fairy or corresponding to Basics in deck)
Free space: 4

That's my take on the deck. I feel like Carbink and Jirachi are great stall tactics, which is why if I'm stuck with a Pokemon on my bench, I want it to be useful.
Not just some stage 1 that I have to evolve, that also takes up space for better Pokemon. As for the 1-1 Evo + the 1 basic I would play, I would either play 1-1 Raichu XY and Yveltal-EX/ Yveltal(depending if I have the energy flexibility or not). Or Zoroark with a Jolteon-EX. Of course with those extra spaces, you need energy switch and/ or Hex Maniac if you do play the 2 other energy. I honestly like playing the other energy because it's nice to have it for another attacker, or if you already have 1 single fairy in play already, you're good to go. That's just my own preference though. I hope I helped, and Good Luck!

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
If speed is the problem against M-Mewtwo EX, perhaps Klefki (from Steam Siege) could be the solution.
It will give you the needed protection during one turn, and Xerneas will OHKO M-Mewtwo next turn ! :)
There's just one problem-most M Mewtwo decks run Garbodor. This means that Klefki is effectively Ultra Ball fodder and just another Fairy type.

Ledgon

Aspiring Trainer
To handle Mega Mewtwo I have designed my list around being able to use max elixir to power up Xerneas in one turn and 1 exp share to conserve energy on a Xerneas or mew, also allowing me to power up an attacker in one turn. Max elixir also lets me hit for crazy damage turn 1, possibly KOing an EX if I go 2nd. It has happened twice already in the maybe 10 games I have played with it over the past two days (I just started using it). Playing mew and 2 Joltic and 2 float stone for free retreat options helps immensely. I play 2 Shaymin EX over Octillery for early game consistency and more deck space. I also play skyfield over silent lab. Skyfield lets you go off with Shymins and just discard them if your opponent counters it. Skyfield also lets you deal absurd amounts of damage to even KO primal pokemon with ease. My deck has a max damage output of 320. Because I play Shaymin EX and no Ninetales or Octillery lines Volcanion EX provides 2 unique types on 1 pokemon and only takes 1 deck and bench spot, greatly speeding up the deck. I play 4 dual types, 3 unique ones. I only need 1 of them to KO EXs and 2 for Megas so I never have to worry about my dual types being prized. Skyfield also opens up EX KOs even without dual types. Removing Ninetails and Octillery opens up space for supporters, VS Seeker, and trainers' mail. I have found my list very consistent in the games I have played thus far. Only one game I played have I dead drew at the start and simultaneously had 3 Xerneas prized. I still took 5 Prizes against a Greninja deck that started with Talonflame and would have won had I got a fury belt at the end. Fury belt is very good in this deck. Giving Xerneas 160 HP keeps it just out of KO range for many pokemon and if a Xerneas can last for 2 attacks, it will be devastating for your opponent. It makes the Greninja match-up that much better.

I play a 2-2 Galvantula because if you hit the bench twice with it you can KO 2 Shaymins giving you a 4 prize turn plus many other pokemon are weak to grass/electric. It is great attacking with Galvantula in the Mega Ray and Greninja matches. Galv hits all pokemon in Greninja for weakness and it can soften up or finish off Megas if need be. If the Mewtwo deck places down a couple Shaymin you can get an easy win.

I choose not to run Ninetales for consistency reasons, although after looking into it more I believe it can be a viable card in this deck. Stopping Parallel City is the biggest thing Ninetales does and that lets you to continue KOing EXs all day.

I have had a difficult time deciding which Carbink is better. One lets you possibly stall against EXs, including against Jolteon EX and Mega Mewtwo EX, while the other protects your basic energy from being discarded. Mill decks and other disruption decks will have a hard time if you load a Xerneas with 3 fairy energy and all of their crushing hammer and team flare grunt are useless. I am leaning toward the safeguard Carbink because it is better against the big meta decks but I have battled a mill deck and a disruption deck where the other Carbink would have given me a sigh of relief.

TL/DR: This deck is no joke. I 100% believe this deck is tier 1 in the new meta. It one-shots anything with ease and is nearly immune to Garbodor. Parallel city is the deck's biggest weakness. You will need to counter the stadium as soon as they play it or else you will quickly lose the ability to one shot EXs. Ninetales helps in this front but the deck space it takes up may not be worth it. Galvantula is a good attacker. Play max elixir to power up Xerneus in 1 turn and dominate.

Last edited:

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
To handle Mega Mewtwo I have designed my list around being able to use max elixir to power up Xerneas in one turn and 1 exp share to conserve energy on a Xerneas or mew, also allowing me to power up an attacker in one turn. Max elixir also lets me hit for crazy damage turn 1, possibly KOing an EX if I go 2nd. It has happened twice already in the maybe 10 games I have played with it over the past two days (I just started using it). Playing mew and 2 Joltic and 2 float stone for free retreat options helps immensely. I play 2 Shaymin EX over Octillery for early game consistency and more deck space. I also play skyfield over silent lab. Skyfield lets you go off with Shymins and just discard them if your opponent counters it. Skyfield also lets you deal absurd amounts of damage to even KO primal pokemon with ease. My deck has a max damage output of 320. Because I play Shaymin EX and no Ninetales or Octillery lines Volcanion EX provides 2 unique types on 1 pokemon and only takes 1 deck and bench spot, greatly speeding up the deck. I play 4 dual types, 3 unique ones. I only need 1 of them to KO EXs and 2 for Megas so I never have to worry about my dual types being prized. Skyfield also opens up EX KOs even without dual types. Removing Ninetails and Octillery opens up space for supporters, VS Seeker, and trainers' mail. I have found my list very consistent in the games I have played thus far. Only one game I played have I dead drew at the start and simultaneously had 3 Xerneas prized. I still took 5 Prizes against a Greninja deck that started with Talonflame and would have won had I got a fury belt at the end. Fury belt is very good in this deck. Giving Xerneas 160 HP keeps it just out of KO range for many pokemon and if a Xerneas can last for 2 attacks, it will be devastating for your opponent. It makes the Greninja match-up that much better.

I play a 2-2 Galvantula because if you hit the bench twice with it you can KO 2 Shaymins giving you a 4 prize turn plus many other pokemon are weak to grass/electric. It is great attacking with Galvantula in the Mega Ray and Greninja matches. Galv hits all pokemon in Greninja for weakness and it can soften up or finish off Megas if need be. If the Mewtwo deck places down a couple Shaymin you can get an easy win.

I choose not to run Ninetales for consistency reasons, although after looking into it more I believe it can be a viable card in this deck. Stopping Parallel City is the biggest thing Ninetales does and that lets you to continue KOing EXs all day.

TL/DR: This deck is no joke. I 100% believe this deck is tier 1 in the new meta. It one-shots anything with ease and is nearly immune to Garbodor. Parallel city is the deck's biggest weakness. You will need to counter the stadium as soon as they play it or else you will quickly lose the ability to one shot EXs. Ninetales helps in this front but the deck space it takes up may not be worth it. Galvantula is a good attacker. Play max elixir to power up Xerneus in 1 turn and dominate.
How is it immune to Garbodor? You cannot use Mew or Shaymin/Octillery while Garbotoxin is active.

Ledgon

Aspiring Trainer
How is it immune to Garbodor? You cannot use Mew or Shaymin/Octillery while Garbotoxin is active.
This deck doesn't rely on any of those abilities. Xerneas is your primary attacker and Shaymin should already have been used to set up before Garbodor hits the board. It is a minor annoyance not being able to hit Mewtwo EX for weakness with mew if that scenario arose but the deck is fast enough and more consistent than Mega Mewtwo to win the match. Mew would likely have to get 3 energy to use rainbow force anyway. There is the possibility of spreading 30 to Mewtwos on the bench with Galvantula and taking out a Mega Mewtwo with mew copying Bisharp's attack for 180 if Garbotoxin isn't active but again these would be rare situational moments.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
This deck doesn't rely on any of those abilities. Xerneas is your primary attacker and Shaymin should already have been used to set up before Garbodor hits the board. It is a minor annoyance not being able to hit Mewtwo EX for weakness with mew if that scenario arose but the deck is fast enough and more consistent than Mega Mewtwo to win the match.
Ok, I see your point. Could you maybe post a YT vid or link one with an extensive analysis on this deck? Thanks.

Ledgon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I see your point. Could you maybe post a YT vid or link one with an extensive analysis on this deck? Thanks.
Sure. :)

I started with the list from this video made by YellowSwellow and made changes from there based on issues I saw, play testing, and cross checking with my brother's list for ideas.

I like to call the deck D E E R F O R C E

Last edited: