• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon-EX Deck!

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
I personally would try both ways before doing anything else with the deck. That way you can decide which works for you and which would win more games. You could also use Fisherman to Steam Up for more and have energy to attack in your hand, ready to go.
What is better with Baby Volcanion is that he can take care of himself, - has strong attacks, good hp for non-EX while Camerupt has a 3 energy 60DMG attack, so if I end up with Camerupt it will become harder to damage the opponent.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
What is better with Baby Volcanion is that he can take care of himself, - has strong attacks, good hp for non-EX while Camerupt has a 3 energy 60DMG attack, so if I end up with Camerupt it will become harder to damage the opponent.
Yeah now I realize the bad 3 for 100 can become a 3 for obscene with Steam Up/FFB

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I just added that in as I already had that card. I know you were originally suggesting Shaymin for this deck, but I hope you see that with my new deck Octillery fits in better. :D

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Yeah, I just added that in as I already had that card. I know you were originally suggesting Shaymin for this deck, but I hope you see that with my new deck Octillery fits in better. :D
I still don't fully agree, but at this point I think if it gets you more for how cheap it is, go right ahead.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Alright. I just don't like that I could lose a game over two Shaymins being on my bench....
Yeah I hear ya. It's just a high risk/high reward thing.
On a side note, another deck you may want to consider is Camerupt EX. I think it could become the monster it once was with this slower format. FFB can really do work, OHKOs M Mewtwo with a 4 energy discard. Your best bet would be Baby Volcanion/Camerupt EX/Team Magma's Camerupt.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I hear ya. It's just a high risk/high reward thing.
On a side note, another deck you may want to consider is Camerupt EX. I think it could become the monster it once was with this slower format. FFB can really do work, OHKOs M Mewtwo with a 4 energy discard. Your best bet would be Baby Volcanion/Camerupt EX/Team Magma's Camerupt.
Sticking to the current deck as I already have the ingredients, Flarecanion seems more competitive too. :D

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
personly i prefer octilory because you can use it every turn and shaymin is only once but thats besides the point
I think that delphox BREAK would be a great addition also maybe 4 max elixer and 4 energy switch I saw the combo in
YellowSwellows videos.

I really hope it helps !
EDIT : also WAY more fire NRG then 10 you are going to need at least 15 in a fire deck
maybee a coulple of Super Rod!.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
personly i prefer octilory because you can use it every turn and shaymin is only once but thats besides the point
I think that delphox BREAK would be a great addition also maybe 4 max elixer and 4 energy switch I saw the combo in
YellowSwellows videos.

I really hope it helps !
EDIT : also WAY more fire NRG then 10 you are going to need at least 15 in a fire deck
maybee a coulple of Super Rod!.
No he doesn't need more fire. The only deck that runs that much is Typhlosion. The most any good deck runs is 12.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Ya, I will most likely be maxing out my Max Elixir, as far as Energy Switch goes I will probably keep it at 2 max because Flareon-Ex has Flash Fire and Ninja Boy is also a great if not better alternative to energy switch in this deck.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Ya, I will most likely be maxing out my Max Elixir, as far as Energy Switch goes I will probably keep it at 2 max because Flareon-Ex has Flash Fire and Ninja Boy is also a great if not better alternative to energy switch in this deck.
Really the only thing you would use Energy Switch is for the extra energy for playing Mega decks.

LifeSword3

The great time shifter
Hey,

I'm also interested in building a fire-type deck based this time on Pyroar break and Pyroar Flashfire for semi-competitive purposes, I'm considering in adding Flareon EX and Volcanion EX just in case if my pyroar break doesn't do it's job properly. Before that, I tried for around 70 games online Delphox break and I can tell you it's powerful but not that good.

It's too slow to evolve compared to pyroar break.
Doesn't take advantage of the Fighting Fury Belt since it's not a base pokémon as well as Volcanion EX's bonus.
Dies too easily to Mewtwo EX and Lugia EX.
Does not protect itself from base pokémon damages unlike pyroar FF.

In fact I think that between Pyroar break, Talonflame break and Delphox break, the best bet would be pyroar, then delphox and then talonflame.

Hope it helps.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Hey,

I'm also interested in building a fire-type deck based this time on Pyroar break and Pyroar Flashfire for semi-competitive purposes, I'm considering in adding Flareon EX and Volcanion EX just in case if my pyroar break doesn't do it's job properly. Before that, I tried for around 70 games online Delphox break and I can tell you it's powerful but not that good.

Doesn't take advantage of the Fighting Fury Belt since it's not a base pokémon as well as Volcanion EX's bonus.

In fact I think that between Pyroar break, Talonflame break and Delphox break, the best bet would be pyroar, then delphox and then talonflame.

Hope it helps.
Yeah, that's what was going through my mind while considering Delphox - Slow setup, which slows a high energy charge deck even more. But this is what my current deck is.

Pokemon - 12

1 Hoopa-EX (XYP 71)
2 Octillery (BKT 33)
3 Flareon-EX (GEN 128)
2 Volcanion-EX (STS 26)
2 Remoraid (BKT 32)
2 Baby-Volcanion (STS 25)
Energy - 11

11 Fire Energy (GEN 76)

Trainer - 39

1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
1 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
2 Switch (KSS 38)
1 Giovanni's Scheme (BKT 162)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
2 Level Ball (AOR 76)
1 Escape Rope (PCL 127)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 N (FCO 105)
2 Evosoda (XY 116)
3 Trainers' Mail (ROS 92)
3 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Delinquent (BKP 98)
1 Pokemon Ranger (STS 104)
1 Skyla (BKT 148)
2 Parallel City (BKT 145)
2 Float Stone (BKT 137)

What should I take out, I need to add in a Ninja Boy as well, possibly a single copy of Scorched Earth (just in case Octillery is not setup yet).

Input is appreciated.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Hey,

Hope it helps.
A single Volcanion and Flareon will help you and can even buy you more time to get your Pyroars going.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, that's what was going through my mind while considering Delphox - Slow setup, which slows a high energy charge deck even more. But this is what my current deck is.

Pokemon - 12

1 Hoopa-EX (XYP 71)
2 Octillery (BKT 33)
3 Flareon-EX (GEN 128)
2 Volcanion-EX (STS 26)
2 Remoraid (BKT 32)
2 Baby-Volcanion (STS 25)
Energy - 11

11 Fire Energy (GEN 76)

Trainer - 39

1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
1 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
2 Switch (KSS 38)
1 Giovanni's Scheme (BKT 162)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
2 Level Ball (AOR 76)
1 Escape Rope (PCL 127)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 N (FCO 105)
2 Evosoda (XY 116)
3 Trainers' Mail (ROS 92)
3 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Delinquent (BKP 98)
1 Pokemon Ranger (STS 104)
1 Skyla (BKT 148)
2 Parallel City (BKT 145)
2 Float Stone (BKT 137)

What should I take out, I need to add in a Ninja Boy as well, possibly a single copy of Scorched Earth (just in case Octillery is not setup yet).

Input is appreciated.
Also what do you guys think about Klefki(STS80) in this deck?

Attachments

• pkm_xyss_080.jpg
    pkm_xyss_080.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 5