Collecting Importing Japanese Cards & Customs Charges

amrit64

Aspiring Trainer
I recently preordered the pokemon 20th anniversary booster box from AmiAmi. I chose Air Small Packet as my shipping option. Can I be hit with custom charges in the UK?

Last edited:
Customs charges vary from country to country. According to this page on the UK gov't website, you must pay VAT+fees for non-gift shipments from outside the UK that are worth more than £15. The 20th Anniversary boxes from AmiAmi convert to approximately £29, which is over the limit, so yes, you will have to pay customs charges.

I recently preordered the pokemon 20th anniversary booster box from AmiAmi. I chose Air Small Packet as my shipping option. Can I be hit with custom charges in the UK?

• If your item has had a Customs charge applied it will include a handling fee of £8.00.
That will be in addition to any taxes you owe. I think there is a chance you might not be charged anything. When I lived in Canada they often just let items through if they weren't too expensive, but Royal Mail might be stricter. I have provided the link I copied that from. Probably a good idea to read through it if you are new at ordering product from overseas.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com...id/143/~/when-you-have-a-fee-to-pay-grey-card.

• If your item has had a Customs charge applied it will include a handling fee of £8.00.
That will be in addition to any taxes you owe. I think there is a chance you might not be charged anything. When I lived in Canada they often just let items through if they weren't too expensive, but Royal Mail might be stricter. I have provided the link I copied that from. Probably a good idea to read through it if you are new at ordering product from overseas.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com...id/143/~/when-you-have-a-fee-to-pay-grey-card.

Yeah, the UK (and Europe in general) is pretty strict on customs stuff, much moreso than NA.

How fast do AmiAmi ship pre-orders? Will they ship a few days before release?

AmiAmi usually begins processing pre-orders the day before release. Pre-orders are processed in a way that gives priority to people who order faster shipping times and those who pre-order sooner. Usually product ships out on the day of release.

Back