• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Scizor Garb and Hammers (post rotation)

Kneiss

Aspiring Trainer
This deck was originally posted on this website in a recent post rotation article written by Edward Jeleniewsky (MelancholyFairy). I did some testing with it and so far really enjoy this deck and will probably play this come rotation.
Article url- http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/whats-yet-to-come-a-look-at-four-viable-decks-after-rotation

Pokemon:15
4 Scizor Ex
3 M Scizor Ex
2 Trubbish
2 Grabodor
2 Shaymin Ex
1 Cobalion
1 Hoopa Ex

Supporters:10
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Delinquent
1 Giovanni's Scheme
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Lysandre

Trainers:26
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Ultra Ball
4 Vs Seeker
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Scizor Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
1 Escape Rope
2 Parallel City

Energy: 9
9 Steel
NOTE *I do not run special steel energy because of Giritina Ex. This deck has a low energy count as is and if Giritina attacks you you cant attach half your energy if you run the special steel energy.

The main point of this deck is simple; discard your opponents energy with hammers, flare grunt or M Scizor, keep stadiums out of play with delinquent or M Scizor, and stop abilities with Garbodor. Just be a dick, but besides that this deck is really simple and straight forward to play. I try to save my puzzles for getting hammers back so I might switch to 2 Sycamore 3 N and Cobalion makes for a nice finisher if you find yourself behind in the prize trade late game. I might also try fitting mega turbo and max potion to be even more of a dick, but I dont know what I would remove for that just yet. Any opinions is appreciated and I suggest running this deck if you're looking for a good counter to a lot of the new decks coming post rotation like mega ray and fighting this does well against.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice deck concept. Seems quite solid to me.

I prefer not to start with an EX (in your case, your chances are high) that may take early game damage. Have you considered running 4 STS Talonflame (perhaps replacing 1 Shaymin EX, 1 Cobalion, 1 Hoopa EX, and 1 Crushing Hammer for example)?

Who is the "Richard" you keep referencing? Lol.

Kneiss

Aspiring Trainer
Lol. Didn't even notice that. Pokebeach must of edited it where I said a nickname for a guy named Richard.
Nice deck concept. Seems quite solid to me.

I prefer not to start with an EX (in your case, your chances are high) that may take early game damage. Have you considered running 4 STS Talonflame (perhaps replacing 1 Shaymin EX, 1 Cobalion, 1 Hoopa EX, and 1 Crushing Hammer for example)?

Who is the "Richard" you keep referencing? Lol.

thank you. like i said in the beginning, this deck was originally a poke beach deck from an article about upcoming deck ideas for rotation,but i tweaked it. the ex start I dont mind, especially this one because of how low the energy cost is and the hoopa really helps with getting out mega evolution as well as shaymin for early first turn draw support. possibly would try out 3 talonflames but i feel like max potion and mega turbo would be a bit better because you can just use max potion attach energy for turn and then mega turbo for the 2nd energy and your up and running with a fully healed mega scizor.
as for the Richard thing, poke beach must of edited my post because i used a semi vulgar word that would be a nickname for a guy named richard. begins with D and this deck is really Richard. lol.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Lol. Didn't even notice that. Pokebeach must of edited it where I said a nickname for a guy named Richard.
thank you. like i said in the beginning, this deck was originally a poke beach deck from an article about upcoming deck ideas for rotation,but i tweaked it. the ex start I dont mind, especially this one because of how low the energy cost is and the hoopa really helps with getting out mega evolution as well as shaymin for early first turn draw support. possibly would try out 3 talonflames but i feel like max potion and mega turbo would be a bit better because you can just use max potion attach energy for turn and then mega turbo for the 2nd energy and your up and running with a fully healed mega scizor.
as for the Richard thing, poke beach must of edited my post because i used a semi vulgar word that would be a nickname for a guy named richard. begins with D and this deck is really Richard. lol.
Lol. Well, when the online play-testing site is updated, I plan to test this deck. I think it really has merit.

Kneiss

Aspiring Trainer
Let me know how it goes. After testing more today I made two switches.
Lol. Well, when the online play-testing site is updated, I plan to test this deck. I think it really has merit.
Let me know how it goes. After play testing today I made two minor changes. I took out Giovanni's scheme and 1 delinquent to add an Olympia and a second lysandre. The Olympia could also be just a basic switch because I found this deck can get lysandre locked very easily with the low energy count and no dce's. I also felt like when I could use Giovanni I never had it and when I had it I would only use it for draw support so the lysandre could also be another n or sycamore v

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Let me know how it goes. After testing more today I made two switches.

Let me know how it goes. After play testing today I made two minor changes. I took out Giovanni's scheme and 1 delinquent to add an Olympia and a second lysandre. The Olympia could also be just a basic switch because I found this deck can get lysandre locked very easily with the low energy count and no dce's. I also felt like when I could use Giovanni I never had it and when I had it I would only use it for draw support so the lysandre could also be another n or sycamore v
Interestingly enough, I also use Olympia in a similar manner and replaced the AZ or Cassius with Olympia in decks I've upgraded to post-rotation.

I also, when upgrading my decks to post-rotation, incorporated a Giovanni's Scheme as part of my diversified mix of card-draw Supporters. I would suggest keeping the Giovanni's Scheme (-1 Enhanced Hammer which is for specific energy that players may not be running as often; plus, you can recover the 1 card with your Puzzle of Time or just use Crushing Hammer too); there are times when you just need that damage output boost.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Interestingly enough, I also use Olympia in a similar manner and replaced the AZ or Cassius with Olympia in decks I've upgraded to post-rotation.

I also, when upgrading my decks to post-rotation, incorporated a Giovanni's Scheme as part of my diversified mix of card-draw Supporters. I would suggest keeping the Giovanni's Scheme (-1 Enhanced Hammer which is for specific energy that players may not be running as often; plus, you can recover the 1 card with your Puzzle of Time or just use Crushing Hammer too); there are times when you just need that damage output boost.
I agree with tuxedoblack. You really need that Giovanni's scheme to deal with big basics and evolutions that sit at 130 or 140. This lets you shred through any walls they send up to buy time like Yveltal or Volcanion. The goal with deck is to setup fast and take 1 prize per swing on average while causing many forms of disruption to prevent or pressure attempts at coming back.

Kneiss

Aspiring Trainer

Im about to go back out and play test tonight, so I'll try both ways. I just really feel like giovanni is situational in this deck. Most of those 130 hp attackers are fighting fury belted so its a 2hko anyways and when i do have the opportunity the card is nowhere to be found. also when playing a heavy ex deck that one prize trade i found usually messes you up so the 2nd lysandre helps bring out shaymin or finish the job on a retreated ex. with the e hammers the only deck i can think of post rotation that wont use special energy would be graninja and that is why garbador is there and should be major priority (and 2nd priority incase they can get rid of the one). i like giovanni scheme a lot, but while playing this deck i just dont find the need for it like you would in a mega ray or darkrai deck. You dont really build up damage in anyway (except cobalion) so you just let it be a 2HKO deck, and with it being that i feel the 2nd lysandres better to ensure that 2nd hit. the only deck i can see ex wise needing the giovanni is the new zygard plasma knock off because of the belted 190 hp zygard, but in that match up you're more concentrated on energy removal with e hammer especially (even thou people who play zygard say the discard is where they want their energy, it hasnt worked in their favor because of how much switching they need to do).

thevegasbomb

Substitute
What's your thoughts on:
Ninja boy (great for starter shaymin and/or pull MVP/ex for a single prize or tech pokemon like jirachi)
Skyla (nice for puzzle of time, and great for ultra Ball into shaymin combo)
And max elixir (I know it would be tough to fit in but really would be worth it)

Hamatti

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with tuxedoblack. You really need that Giovanni's scheme to deal with big basics and evolutions that sit at 130 or 140. This lets you shred through any walls they send up to buy time like Yveltal or Volcanion. The goal with deck is to setup fast and take 1 prize per swing on average while causing many forms of disruption to prevent or pressure attempts at coming back.

Based on my testing Giovanni's is really important to have even though you only need it in some match-ups. In addition to Yveltal and Volcanion, Serperior with 140HP and 40 + 120 in two turns with just one energy is a difficult opponent for this deck but Giovanni gives some hope giving the opportunity to OHKO Serperiors + get rid of the stadium to slow them down.

One card I'm missing when testing is Trainers' Mail. I have a hard time finding the hammers, float stones and especially spirit links. I'll test it by swapping the Puzzles out for 4 Mails to see how it runs. Anyone else having this issue? I also tested by changing one Crushing Hammer to Float Stone which helped a lot against Lysandre stalling.