Ash's Alolan Team

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
After the Kalos League and Zygarde arc, it can be assumed Ash will travel to the Alola Region. And this means that he'll most likely also find and capture new Pokémon for his new Alolan team. But which, and why? Will Ash capture a starter Pokémon like he's done in every other region? And if so many starters will he get? Create a team for Ash (and possible companions) using the revealed Alolan Pokémon, and explain why you've chosen the Pokémon that are featured in the team!

To start, here's the team I've created for Ash!

Pikachu - For obvious reasons. Pikachu has been on Ash's team since Season 1 and is not going anywhere! I don't think Ash's Pikachu will learn any new moves, though it might learn a new Electric-type move, should it be introduced in Sun/Moon.

Rowlet - It was a tough choice between Rowlet and Popplio, but I ended up choosing Rowlet for Ash. I think it could be a mix between Chikorita and Froakie - A Pokémon that wants he's affection and gets jealous of Pikachu (Chikorita), but also brave and not afraid of getting into battles.

Pikipek - Ash needs his Flying-type for when Pikachu gets stolen by Team Rocket, and I don't think Oricorio is a Pokémon Ash will use. I'm assuming it'll evolve both stages, since that's what all his birds have done. Based of it's description, it could steal something from Ash, who'll end up battling and catching it.

Rockruff - I could see Ash getting a Rockruff, who'll start out being very friendly towards him, but once it evolves it'll be very harsh on other Pokémon, but something will make it become more friendly again, and though it'll still have a rough personality, it'll be more friendly towards Ash and his other Pokémon

I personally can't see Ash getting any of the other Pokémon that has been revealed, though your opinion will likely be different from mine, so post your teams!

Here's my opinion:

Pikachu - Because of course he will be.

Greninja - After all the development this thing has had over XYZ, it would be a shame if it went anywhere.

Litten - Consdering Ash having 3 flying types in XY, and would have another 2 in Sun and Moon, I don't think that he would get Rowlet. And considering the starters final evos, the writers would never give Ash a Popplio, so in my mind, Litten is the most logical choice.

Pikipek - Ash has caught the regional bird in every region to date. Pigeotto, Noctowl, Tailow, Starly, Pidove, and Fletchling. He's caught the, one way or another. So I see no logical reason why he wouldn't catch this one.

Rockruff - Pretty much the exact same reason you have.

Lastly, I'd love to see Ash get an Alola form Pokemon. Of course, I think something like the Alolan Marowak would be an awesome addition to Ash's team.

Lastly, I'd love to see Ash get an Alola form Pokemon. Of course, I think something like the Alolan Marowak would be an awesome addition to Ash's team.
I was considering an Alola form Pokémon as well, though I can't see him having one of the ones revealed so far. With that said, I would love (and I'm pretty sure you would too) if he caught an Alolan Vulpix, who then evolved into Ninetales, though I'm pretty sure that won't happen :/

I was considering an Alola form Pokémon as well, though I can't see him having one of the ones revealed so far. With that said, I would love (and I'm pretty sure you would too) if he caught an Alolan Vulpix, who then evolved into Ninetales, though I'm pretty sure that won't happen :/
I would love it if he caught that! He needs a new ice type, his first fairy type, a for once powerful female Pokemon, and he could even remember Brock and his Vulpix on one episode.

Here's my opinion:

Pikachu - Because of course he will be.

Greninja - After all the development this thing has had over XYZ, it would be a shame if it went anywhere.

Litten - Consdering Ash having 3 flying types in XY, and would have another 2 in Sun and Moon, I don't think that he would get Rowlet. And considering the starters final evos, the writers would never give Ash a Popplio, so in my mind, Litten is the most logical choice.

Pikipek - Ash has caught the regional bird in every region to date. Pigeotto, Noctowl, Tailow, Starly, Pidove, and Fletchling. He's caught the, one way or another. So I see no logical reason why he wouldn't catch this one.

Rockruff - Pretty much the exact same reason you have.

Pikachu will be there, no question. "Spoiler alert", his Pikachu is actually from Alola and will evolve into Alolan Raichu this series ;)

Greninja will likely not be there. It's no different from Charizard or Sceptile, it's a previous region Pokémon that will be left behind because Ash will want to 'start all over again'.

At least one of the starters, I want to say Rowlet since Ash didn't get a grass type at all this generation and having multiple types at the same time isn't something new. Litten could also be the other starter.

Pikipek because of being that regions bird.

Don't know beyond that right now we could all be wrong about everything bar Pikachu.

Ash's Team (in my opinion):

Pikachu
Pikipek
[insert Alolan Starter here]*
Possible Fairy-type Pokemon*
Possible Alolan Form Pokemon ("taking" Ash-Greninja's place)*

*- Right now I'm thinking Rowlett and that it will evolve all the way through. Same with Pikipek. Fairy-type only because I really like Fairy-types I just think it'd be interesting to see a Fairy-type on his team. What Alolan Form? I have no idea ATM.

Greninja will likely not be there. It's no different from Charizard or Sceptile, it's a previous region Pokémon that will be left behind because Ash will want to 'start all over again'.
Remember, these are new writers, who are taking character development to a whole new level, as displayed with what's happened to Ash, and Serena this saga is on a much deeper level than ever. These new writers won't make the same actions as the previous ones before them. If it was the same writers though, I wouldn't have put Greninja on the list.

Perhaps, but I personally don't think Greninja will be featured so much in the next series. If nothing else it just wouldn't be fair to the four/five new Pokémon to have to compete with a power house like Greninja. That's why Pikachu is often nerfed, plus you know in game terms a Pikachu is still a Pikachu.

Pikipek does seem obvious but then before XY Ash caught every crustacean and poor Clauncher got left out. In saying that maybe we could return to that and he could get a Crabrawler.
Rockruff seems likely. It's getting a fair amount of promotion in Japan it seems, for a non-starter anyway.
Obligatory Starter...hmm...I want to say Popplio because I love that little guy. Also if Popplio does become water/fairy upon evolving there's that.

I'm on the fence about Alolan Forms since Ash never got mega evolution. Ash-Greninja is basically just the same thing as AZ's Floette so that doesn't count,

Presumably he'll have the Rotom Dex but then I doubt he'll be able to call on Rotom for battle, I do wonder if they'll end up using Professor Oak's Rotom for it though.

I want to say maybe they'll surprise us but...

If I had to bet . . .

Pikachu (duh)

Rowlet (It would be a starter and a flying type. For this reason, however, I think it will only make it to Dartix, assuming that it does evolve, which it might not.)

Rockruff (A midday Lycanrock would make a good team member, and Ash will probably need some help this time around. Since it will also likely be very common in the games, the writers will probably set it as an obvious team member.)

Popplio (I think that it'll probably be very similar to Oshawott from Best Wishes. But to tell the truth, I'd rather him not get Popplio if that's how it would be.)

Litten ( I think that its personality will be similar to Sceptile's, and that it'll evolve at least once.)

Not sure on the last one, though . . .

Well, we've seen every single Pokemon that Alola has to offer (thank you leaks!) So now I'll make my final assessments:

-Pikachu (obviously)

- Pikipek Final [Toucan] (He's had a bird every generation, so this seems like an obvious choice for me)

-Decidueye (It just makes the most sense in my opinion)

-Crabrawler Final [Yeti Crab] (Pokemon likes to give him unexpected choices these days, I would've never expected Ash to ever get a Noivern, or a Leavanny, so this seems to follow that pattern in my opinion)

-Alolan Sandslash (I personally think he'll have one Alolan Form, and to me, this one just makes the most sense)

-Drampa/Wimpod Final (Ash always has that one badass Pokemon, or that one loving Pokemon. These make the most sense in my opinion)

This is personally, roughly what I think he'll have on his team. Positive about Pikachu and Pikipek Final, but nothing else.

Back