• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rapid Kisses 2016/17(Genesect EX/Togekiss)

Greninja13

Marshadow is awesome!
There's definitely some tuning needed here. Over half my test games so far have been Shaymin starts, which I know has to just be bad luck more than anything because on paper there's a 1-in-3 chance of that, but I'm at more like 2-out-of-3. Really want a Ninja Boy in here just for that, but without something like Skyla to help get it when you need it I'm not sure what difference it will make. Still need to work that one out.

I dropped Sky Field which wasn't doing anything now that Bronzong is out in favor of Parallel City as the list in OP had. Since reports above say it has a somewhat even matchup with Mega Ray I'm hoping that will swing things a tad more favorably.

Also thinking I'll drop Hex Maniac for Pokemon Ranger now that Trevenant isn't going to be a thing in Standard. I think Ranger will be useful against more matchups than Hex will be.

I have a few reservations about switching out Wally for Rare Candy. With Wally you could potentially get Togekiss out on the first turn because of the evolution trait. The second concern is Devo Spray, if you use Candy for Togekiss you can't devolve and drop it back down right away losing the opportunity to reuse the ability, and doing that really gives this deck power to load Genesect up. Last issue coming to mind is Vileplume. I'm talking about dropping Hex so I don't feel like Vileplume is a massive threat, but if because of Vileplume I can't get Togekiss down then we're sitting ducks. Then even if you do keep Hex, and play it to get a turn of items, then you shut off Togekiss in the process. So without Wally in then Vileplume seems like an auto-loss between Togekiss being near impossible to play, and not being able to hit Carbink because of safeguard. Turns into a bad matchup really fast.

It might help against Carbink if you added the Cobalion from the OP.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
just to add a way to get rid of trainers if you don't have a stadium in there.
I don't see why that's necessary. 2-of tech cards aren't played too often (at this point I would designate Lysandre as a support card, as it can be played as a 2-of and is usually as such)

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
one delinquent would be enough.. two lysandres is a good idea to prevent your opponent on powering up to kill genesect since youll be faster than them

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
i have a deck list with no vs seekers and im able to go 2-1 with different match ups last saturday and my only lost is with a misplay with a volcanion deck

JayMatt1138

Aspiring Trainer
I changed over to Parrallel Cities in mine for the bench limiting aspect. Helps afainst M-Ray, otherwise good for getting spent Shaymin off your bench on e you set up. As noted a few posts ago, VS seeker hasn't been super helpful to me in this deck either. Have used them enough to warrant keeping maybe 1 or 2 in. Still tweaking, but I still say this could contend.

Best thing for Carbink decks is to find Lysandre. I run 2, and with 2 VS Seekers still in I feel like I have enough acess to them to get 3 EX's in that matchup.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting findings, what are you guys replacing the VS Seekers with? I have not tested without them yet as I still find the versatility a bit hard to do away with (I did drop down to 3). And Parallel City is definitely my preferred stadium currently, I only run 2 so far but I haven't felt as if I needed more yet.

I still like this deck moving forward, it has plenty of OHKO potential which is always strong. However, its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. Togekiss is great when you get it into play (as early as your first turn!) even if you can only pull a single energy off of it. But there are occasions where the 3-3-3 line has caused some clunky starts. There doesn't seem to be a real way of dealing with that issue but the deck feels powerful regardless, since it can make some surprising comebacks after those slow starts. Especially when you can throw down around 5 energies (sometimes even more!) in one turn, thanks to the Max Elixirs and Togekiss plays.

I updated the first post with the list I'm currently running. I'm still a huge fan of Cobalion SS, it can buy you a turn to set up or re-setup. And it is a great finisher late-game when your resources are depleted since it only needs 2 energy to deal a maximum of 190 damage (opponent has only 1 prize left + fighting fury belt). Plus its a non-ex attacker which helps in the prize trade or against Carbink/Regice. I also replaced the Acro Bikes with Trainers Mail, in theory thinning out your deck by the extra card does help your Max Elixir/Togekiss efficiency but I found myself discarding cards I actually wanted a little too often, though it could still honestly go either way I think.

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
i have a question, if you devolve togekiss using devolution spray can you evolve it again considering the evolution trait i just need to confirm because of the people i play with. they are so puzzled coz of the devolution spray saying you cant evolve this pokemon for this turn. your thoughts?

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
i have a question, if you devolve togekiss using devolution spray can you evolve it again considering the evolution trait i just need to confirm because of the people i play with. they are so puzzled coz of the devolution spray saying you cant evolve this pokemon for this turn. your thoughts?

Yea, if you played Togekiss this turn and then used Devolution Spray you can then evolve Togekiss again for even more energy. The text on Devolution Spray is just a reminder of the regular rules. Togekiss and others with the Delta Trait are not normal pokemon!

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Yea Rare Candies don't really have much use with the Togekiss line. You're better off just using a level ball in a similar scenario later in the game or use Wally if its your first/second turn and you can attack after attaching energies.

Speaking of which I'm planning on going down to a single copy of Wally to make room for Magearna EX. It should provide a bit more protection for your Genesects and can function as an alternate attacker in some situations. I'll have to test it to see if its worth the spot. Otherwise I may just go back to 4 VS Seekers.

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
It`s been a while, are there any expirience based improvements?

By this point, u advice:
3 Vs seeker -> 2 VS seeker + ?
2 Wally -> 1 Wally + Magearna EX

And if i only have 1 Shymin atm, which card can you advice instead of second one?