Blog Fighting Fire with Fairies: Three Steam Siege Decks for the 2017 Season

Yeah, it's kinda hard to test for PRC-on right now.

Does anyone have experience with mega gardevoir without sky field?

Karen's coming! Just what Gardevoir needs to take some pressure off of Super Rod. Do you think this will be enough to propel the deck to tier one status? Or will Rayquaza (who loves Karen just as much) stop her from being number one?

Now that I've finally finished my own article, I can get around to readings yours - that took a while.

Love the shoutout on the Rainbow Road image, but you have not swayed me. 64 fo sho all the way foreva.

Can I just say how your article and the Melancholy's article went like, "I've got three lists," and then, "WAIT I HAVE FOUR" lolol. I thought this was humorous.

I like how you go ahead and provide nice overviews of your lists and how the deck functions. Everyone's gonna read the list and the blurb after and have a general idea of how they work. Pretty solid stuff. I could nitpick at small things in the lists but overall they look good! The Rainbow Road list is very unconventional and kinda neat, but I'm not completely sold on it. While you justify the lack of Sky Field with dual-type Pokémon, the dual-types are sitting ducks that simply aren't good enough right now. Especially when they're Stage-1s, that's a lot of space you can free up. I think you meant to say Volcanion-EX shares a type with Ninetales, not Xerneas, by the way. With all the Garby hype, I wouldn't want Ninetales in here all that much and would prefer Sky Field to get those big OHKOs on the Megas of tomorrow. That being said, Greninja definitely isn't as viable next format. I'm not nearly as worried about it as I was last format so Galvantula isn't necessary whatsoever. I like the dual-type additions but the cards themselves aren't as impactful as you might think to garner tech spots other than being...ya know, dual-types for Rainbow Road.

Other than that, it's gonna be another tough month for sure yo. Keep it up man! :)

Can I just say how your article and the Melancholy's article went like, "I've got three lists," and then, "WAIT I HAVE FOUR" lolol. I thought this was humorous.

I know man but swear to god it's gonna get him the win. He's going to pass me by month's end (probably week's end tbh) and it's all because four is more than three D:

Love the shoutout on the Rainbow Road image, but you have not swayed me. 64 fo sho all the way foreva.

SNES Rainbow Road:

- has better music
- doesn't take a year and a half to run one lap without cheesing it
- is OG

With all the Garby hype, I wouldn't want Ninetales in here all that much and would prefer Sky Field to get those big OHKOs on the Megas of tomorrow.

Xerneas already OHKOs everything without Sky Field. Ninetales is less important when it's not imperative that you win the Stadium war, but you need Ninetales (Vulpix) for the 30 damage so you lose nothing by playing it. Parallel City + Ninetales is basically a win condition against Rayquaza if they don't hit the Hex + counter Stadium before you wreck them. Delinquent also kinda poops on this strategy but as long as Ninetales is out they still can't OHKO a belted Xerneas.

I might try not using sky field. What would you suggest over DV?
It's Fairy Garden for this situation. If you intend on dealing two hit KO's, Fairy Garden is the ideal Stadium because you can easily retreat between your Mega Gardevoir and exploit this so you can even discard a heavily damaged one if needed. It should be a three of (four if you are absolutely insisting on winning that Stadium war but beware that Stadium hand in the later game). If you go this route, you should also go for four Fairy Drop and maybe a Brilliant Arrow Mega Gardevoir for the later game.

My current main deck happens to be that and here is my list:

Pokémon (9)
Gardevoir EX PCL x4
M Gardevoir EX PCL x1
M Gardevoir EX STS x3
Shaymin EX ROS x1 (I finally succeeded in getting one through a trade)

Trainer (42) (only)
Fairy Garden x3

Hex Maniac x1
Lysandre x2
N x4
Pokémon Ranger x1
Professor Sycamore x4

Fairy Drop x4
Gardevoir Spirit Link x4
Mega Turbo x3
Super Rod x2
Switch x2
Trainer's Mail x4
Ultra Ball x4
VS Seeker x4

Energy (9)
Fairy Energy x9

This deck insists on two hit KO's but is a very big threat to Mega Mewtwo.

Edit:
One N and one Mega Turbo were cut.
Two Skyla were added.

Last edited:
Back