• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PCL-On Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor Deck

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
X2 Darkrai EX (BKP)
X1 Umbreon EX (FTC)
X2 Yveltal (GEN)
X2 Giratina EX (AOR)
X2 Trubbish (BKP)
X2 Garbodor (BKP)
X1 Hoopa EX (AOR)
X2 Shaymin EX (ROS)

Trainers:
X2 Trainers' Mail (AOR)
X4 VS Seeker (ROS)
X4 Ultra Ball (FLF)
X4 Max Elixir (BKP)
X2 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP)
X3 Float Stone (BKT)
X1 Super Rod (BKT)
X4 Professor Sycamore (XY)
X2 N (BW100)
X2 Lysandre (FLF)
X1 Pokemon Ranger (STS)
X1 Ninja Boy (STS)
X3 Reverse Valley (BKP)

Energy:
X3 Double Dragon Energy (ROS)
X10 Dark Energy (BW)

Strategy:
This is based off of the junior world champion's deck but I changed it to make it PCL-On and my own. It is mostly a standard Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor but I added an umbreon ex and ninja boy for a surprise "end game" against megas.

Last edited:
This is a very nice build. I would possibly only suggest running -1 dark energy or float stone for +1 double dragon energy. I feel they work to good with darkrai's attack to not run 4 even if your only attaching to Giritina. Just max elixir the other pokemon or 1 Giritina if an energy is prized.

no problem. did you also maybe think of adding a hydragon ex? It helps get by safe guard and other dumb things like jirachi. it would also add a pokemon to attach a double dragon to.

I'm already testing this deck for next session. So far, i'm unsure of the value of Baby Yveltal. Whilst a non-ex attacker would be awesome, the 30 damage is unlikely to be significant in the next format with a likely emphasis on mega-evolutions and it's energy acceleration would be nil as it is likely to only survive a turn. I've also been giving energy switch a go, trying to mimic the water tool-box decks of this session with it's max-elixir+energy-switch engine to speed up attacks. Mixed results, it makes the deck a little slower. Don't know how significant Pokemon Ranger will be in the next format with Seismitoad gone so at the moment Hydreigon-EX IMO is a little better in combating Jirachi/Jolteon-EX etc. Also IMO Parallel City maybe a better stadium to discard bench/useless EX pokemon like Hoopa from your bench late game and depending on the meta, Faded town will add more damage than Reverse Valley, RV doesnt add a huge amount since Darkrai's damage isn't capped

Back