• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post Rotation Budget Friendly Snorlax/Hypno Deck

Border_Games

MLG Teletubbie
Here is a deck I made that is fun to play and cheap/easy to make.
Feel free to leave comments on what you would change!

This is a BUDGET FRIENDLY DECK! No Shaymin's here!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 1 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Snorlax FAC 77
* 2 Drowzee BKP 50
* 2 Hypno BKP 51
* 2 Mew FAC 29
* 3 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Shauna XY 127
* 2 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 9 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

This can be copied into TCGO easily and used.

Ok let me explain it.
Snorlax does more damage (And can attack) if it is asleep, and hypno's ability makes your (And your opponents) active Pokemon fall asleep.

Talonflame is for your starting active...Self explanatory
Bunnelby makes a good stall.
Unown for draw support.

Overall it's a super simple deck for newer player's!

[Not for competitive play]

Edit: I forgot that dimension valley is not in rotation! Dalton made a good point below tho that makes the deck work better, so account for that!

Last edited:
We lose Dimension Valley after the rotation.

I might say Fairy Garden and swap psychic energy for fairy, even though that means losing the ability to attack with Hypno.
- 3 dimension valley
- 2 evosoda
-9 psychic energy

+2 level ball
+1 max potion (to stall)
+ 2 Fairy Garden
+9 fairy energy

I once played a deck like this with my competitive deck and lost because of the coin flip luck. Flipped 4 tails for each heads. You can have luck on your side in a deck like this because frail attackers can get destroyed.

We lose Dimension Valley after the rotation.

I might say Fairy Garden and swap psychic energy for fairy, even though that means losing the ability to attack with Hypno.
- 3 dimension valley
- 2 evosoda
-9 psychic energy

+2 level ball
+1 max potion (to stall)
+ 2 Fairy Garden
+9 fairy energy

I once played a deck like this with my competitive deck and lost because of the coin flip luck. Flipped 4 tails for each heads. You can have luck on your side in a deck like this because frail attackers can get destroyed.

I was thinking about adding the fairy garden and energy (Max potion is a new idea I never thought of working, but it makes sense), but I chose not to do it, cause I did not test that. Thanks for the idea and feedback!

Edit: Also thank you for pointing out that: "We lose Dimension Valley after the rotation." Completely slipped my mind!

I had trouble beating it because I had to 2-shot the Snorlax. Pokémon Center Lady was a pain for me to deal with. The one thing that let me get closer to winning was to Lysandre the Hypno. Maybe up the line to 2-3.

I had trouble beating it because I had to 2-shot the Snorlax. Pokémon Center Lady was a pain for me to deal with. The one thing that let me get closer to winning was to Lysandre the Hypno. Maybe up the line to 2-3.
Maybe add a super rod.

One of my league pals also plays a deck like this. He runs two Darkrai-EX from Breakpoint and a couple All Night Party with Hypno and Snorlax. I can tell you that Max Elixirs and Fighting Fury Belts will be your best friends in this deck.

- 3 dimension valley
- 2 evosoda
-9 psychic energy

+2 level ball
+1 max potion (to stall)
+ 2 Fairy Garden
+9 fairy energy

I like these changes.

One of my league pals also plays a deck like this. He runs two Darkrai-EX from Breakpoint and a couple All Night Party with Hypno and Snorlax. I can tell you that Max Elixirs and Fighting Fury Belts will be your best friends in this deck.

I like these changes.

I agree!

I wouldn't necessarily reccomend playing talonflame if you only use one. Because then your chances are slimmer and you could just put in another trainer.

New and improved! Now with natural fairy flavoring!

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 4 Snorlax FAC 77
* 2 Xerneas XY 96
* 2 Drowzee BKP 50
* 2 Hypno BKP 51

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Max Potion BKP 103
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Shauna XY 127
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130
* 9 Fairy Energy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

Thanks to Dalton, freedom8901, and Greninja13 for recommendations!

Feel free to add comments still tho, this can still be improved!

Just remember, this is a BUDGET DECK.

Back