News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Oak as a Tropical Beach? Cool!
This brings back the memories to what really got me into Pokémon, when my cousins gave me all of their old cards. I need this set! :D

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
My turn ends when I use it, and it takes up my Supporter use on the same turn... Sorry, But I think Tierno is a better card than this - and I rarely play that card anyways.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Man I hope all the cards they have on those scrolling banners are made into reprints, cuz if we finally see that Vending Aerodactyl in English then I'll be SO happy

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Just tell me we're getting a reprint of Blacksmith and I will build that Charizard deck a.s.a.please.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Most important thing: Are they bringing back galaxy holo in a main set???

Oh that will be FANTASTIC!

-----

Guess what! Blastoise is gonna have a happy Rain Dance, Alakazam gets to share Damage Swap with Reuniclus, Venusaur (not sure about this one) <- just a worse golduck break?

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
Oh gosh, I really, really need that pretty little Charizard.
Really great they're using about the same old format too, it's a nice aesthetic touch <3

matthewbny

no
Many thoughts come to mind:
  • inb4 Hitmonchan gets a BREAK and Haymaker (somehow) becomes playable again
  • Charizard!!!! Everyone's favorite!!!!! Doubled attack power but still a deck that might see some play at locals unless Blacksmith becomes a thing again. (oh dear.)
  • I've been waiting for a card like Tropical Beach for a while actually.
  • Are cards from other sets coming out? I see that Dark Charizard and Mr. Fuji, but they could be there just for decoration.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
As some of you may know, I'm not a big fan of Evolutions. That Charizard could be decently playable with Special Charge and Puzzle of Time (using Double Colorless Energy.) The Pikachu, is well, a Pikachu. And I have mixed feelings for Professor Oak's Hint, I find it kind of useless. I could see it being playable on the first turn, but I find wasting your Supporter, and wasting the end of your turn absolutely horrible. Drawing into 7 is good, but honestly I find Tierno a better option of straight drawing. I'll stick with my FA Professor Sycamore, thank you very much.

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if our cards in the States will look like this or like our Base Set. My money would be on the latter.

Purrloin

They retained the original look a lot more than I expected (not just art, but the card itself). Couldn't be happier with the design and the stats/effects updates.

I think I'm most wishing for an Electrode reprint. I don't think its ability even needs to be updated much to be useful in the current format (though get rid of the pesky status condition limit, of course).

Razzmanfire

Aspiring Trainer
I think if you cant make a decent move on your first turn then that oak would be ok. otherwise its just not good at all

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
The reprints are cool, but I'm not too happy. Mainly because we now get Charizard and Mega Charizard. So I hope we don't get Dark Charizard as well. That would take up too many spots for just one evolution-line. (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Dark Charizard, Charizard Ex and Mega Charizard = 6 spots). Imagine they would do that for Venusaur and Blastoise as well.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Calling these reprints is misleading. They're remakes. They're different cards based on older cards. (We've had a lot of those over the years. Aside from using the old art and layout, these are nothing new.)

I do like how they're handling this, though. (I hope there's at least 1 actual reprint in here for nostalgia's sake, though. Even if it's something like Seel that's entirely irrelevant. Being able to use A Base Set card that isn't an Energy, Switch, Potion or Maintenance would be nice.)

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh that will be FANTASTIC!

-----

Guess what! Blastoise is gonna have a happy Rain Dance, Alakazam gets to share Damage Swap with Reuniclus, Venusaur (not sure about this one) <- just a worse golduck break?
Better golduck break. Forest of giant plants