Overrated/Underrated Character Discussion: Super Smash Bros. 4

Celever

Wheeeee~
What character do you think is totally overhyped in SSB4 right now? And who do you think needs more love? Even though "official" tier lists are posted based on competitive results in tournaments, some characters simply get lucky, and others unlucky at the most recent major event.

Personally I think that Doctor Mario needs more love. Despite low movement speed, he can rack up reliably good strings and his recovery has been improved in more recent patches. Armed with a mantel of strong finishers as well, Doc is versatile enough to avoid being predictable and therefore easy to counter as well. He's too low down on the tier list IMO, and I think he should be in E as a minimum! :)

This is the current "official" tier list:
xRyliH3.jpg

Post your thoughts too, otherwise I'll look lonely. :U

Uhh, your tier list doesn't have Corrin or Bayonetta... and it's a patch version 1.1.3 tier list. You might want to update that, because the current version is 1.1.6.

Anyways, I feel like Puff should be anywhere other than Bottom 5. Sure, she might be really light and easy to kill and push around, but her aerial game is amazing and in the right hands, one can get overwhelmed by the strings of f-air and campy air playstyle. Rest is also extremely powerful and can kill at about 40% or higher, and even though it's hard to hit with and has serious consequences for missing, I feel like she shouldn't be top 5, even if she becomes 6th or something. Zelda is worse than her in my opinion.

I also feel like Villager should be slightly higher, even though he's already top 15 (and I'm not complaining about that, not at all). His projectile game is probably one of the best, and along with his aerials and the mindgames and combos possible with his characters, he should be slightly higher in the top 15 (or at least higher than Meta Knight; don't know why he's higher though I will say he's good). Only thing is that when Villager is approached, he has trouble making the space back up to continue projectile pressuring, and any character with a reflector limits Villager's options and makes it unsafe to use projectiles heavily. Another thing that I think hampers Villager is that players using him aren't able to use him to the extent that Ranai can (Ranai's amazing, by the way), but this isn't focussing on players, but rather the character itself.

I don't know why Bayonetta dropped the insane amount of places she did on the tier list, despite how badly nerfed she was. She still has great, although much weaker combos, and I feel she's still a very competent character. She isn't as good as she used to be, but I think she should've dropped to top 15 and not 20th or whatever she dropped to. I'd expand on this, but it's late for me.

Back