• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Palkia / Bats

The Meta

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, i'm The Meta. I've been play-testing a Palkia / Bats deck a my local league for a while now. It seems to run pretty well against heavy Ex decks such as Primal Groudon but doesn't stand a chance against Greninja BREAK. Any suggestions?

XYP_EN_XY75.png

This is my current decklist:

4 Palkia (XYP 75)
4 Zubat (GEN 30)
4 Golbat (GEN 31)
3 Crobat (PHF 33)
12 Water Energy (GEN 77)
4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
4 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
4 N (FCO 105)
4 Rough Seas (PCL 137)
4 Crushing Hammer (GEN 60)
4 Enhanced Hammer (PCL 162)
3 Sacred Ash (FLF 96)
2 Professor Birch's Observations (PCL 159)
4 Professor Sycamore (XY 122)

Thanks for your help!

----------------EDIT----------------

- 1 Ultra Ball
- 1 Sacred Ash
- 1 Birch
- 1 Enhanced Hammer
- 1 Rough Seas
- 1 Water Energy
- 1 Fighting Fury Belt

+ 1 Manaphy Ex
+ 3 Max Elixer
+ 1 Lysandre
+ 2 Vs seeker

Last edited:
What is the reason behind doing Palkia EX and bats? What do they offer to each other? Palkia is a good energy support pokemon, but bats can attack for one energy. Also you should not run 4 stadiums unless your attacks discard them, or you need them for setting up/attacking, such as M Ray and Vileplume. I might add 2 max potions. By replacing Sacred Ash with Super Rod you would get back both energy and pokemon. And by putting energy in your deck, you can aqua turbo two of them right back onto the bench.

What is the reason behind doing Palkia EX and bats? What do they offer to each other? Palkia is a good energy support pokemon, but bats can attack for one energy. Also you should not run 4 stadiums unless your attacks discard them, or you need them for setting up/attacking, such as M Ray and Vileplume. I might add 2 max potions. By replacing Sacred Ash with Super Rod you would get back both energy and pokemon. And by putting energy in your deck, you can aqua turbo two of them right back onto the bench.
It's not Palkia EX it's the promo one and 4 Rough Seas actually could make since considering how relevant Trevenant is in the current metagame.

I see many problems with this deck, a BIG ONE being that you run 12 energy but don't run Max Elixir. How are you going to power up Palkia in time? You also don't play Manaphy EX. This is another big issue for me. Last big issue is the fact that you play Professor Birch instead of Shauna, don't play Shaymin EX, don't play VS Seeker, and you have no disruptive supporters (Lysandre/Hex Maniac). Moreover, I fail to see what the Bats do for you. Sure, they might increase damage, but in the end, are they really worth it? You don't even run a way to pick them back up. Palkia's damage would still require you to 2-shot something.

I see many problems with this deck, a BIG ONE being that you run 12 energy but don't run Max Elixir. How are you going to power up Palkia in time? You also don't play Manaphy EX. This is another big issue for me. Last big issue is the fact that you play Professor Birch instead of Shauna, don't play Shaymin EX, don't play VS Seeker, and you have no disruptive supporters (Lysandre/Hex Maniac). Moreover, I fail to see what the Bats do for you. Sure, they might increase damage, but in the end, are they really worth it? You don't even run a way to pick them back up. Palkia's damage would still require you to 2-shot something.

I need the bats as two 80 damage hits only puts ex's to 160 dmg. The bats help reach the magic 180.

I need the bats as two 80 damage hits only puts ex's to 160 dmg. The bats help reach the magic 180.

Your fighting fury belt accomplishes the same goal, if you're set on using Palkia and 2HKO'ing, then doing 90 is good enough.

Your fighting fury belt accomplishes the same goal, if you're set on using Palkia and 2HKO'ing, then doing 90 is good enough.

As you probably know, Mega Rayquaza is one of the most popular decks in format. The bats are necessary to be able to two hit KO mega rayquaza's.

As you probably know, Mega Rayquaza is one of the most popular decks in format. The bats are necessary to be able to two hit KO mega rayquaza's.

Just run zebstrika if you are worried about megs ray, much more efficient solution than running Bats and 2hko

The biggest problem with Palkia that I can see is that it does nothing against opponents charging up their attackers on the Bench. If you want to go full-on control deck, Vileplume could be useful, to prevent your opponent from dropping Switches and Professor's Letters, but it means you will be without your hammers, which you could easily switch for Flare Grunts. Delinquent might also help you out, by forcing your opponent to discard cards that could otherwise be used to circumvent your Energy lock.

~SS

If you're going to run Max Elixir, you should run 4, not 3. This is especially because you run 12 energy. If you run 4 Max Elixir and 12 energy, you can usually expect to hit 3. Sometimes you hit 2, sometimes you hit all 4. It always averages to 3.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Palkia just is a lackluster card. It's an autoloss to Zoroark/Keldeo EX, and if your opponent hits switching cards, you're done. Your opponent could simply retreat.

If you're going to run Max Elixir, you should run 4, not 3. This is especially because you run 12 energy. If you run 4 Max Elixir and 12 energy, you can usually expect to hit 3. Sometimes you hit 2, sometimes you hit all 4. It always averages to 3.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Palkia just is a lackluster card. It's an autoloss to Zoroark/Keldeo EX, and if your opponent hits switching cards, you're done. Your opponent could simply retreat.
I completely agree with you. This deck is not supposed to be tied with some of the higher meta decks. It was just intended to be a fun troll deck.

Back