• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile EX/Giratina EX Deck Help

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, I need some help making this deck better any help is greatly appreciate it.

Pokemon (15)

Sceptile Ex - 3
M Sceptile EX - 3
Giratina EX - 2
Hoopa EX - 1
Shaymin EX - 2
Spinarak - 2
Ariados - 2

Supporters (10)

Skyla - 2
Professor Sycamore - 3
N - 2 Fisherman - 1
Lyssandre - 2

Items (22)

Revitalizer - 1
Energy Retrieval - 1
Fighting Fury Belt - 1
Sceptile Spirit Link - 3
Float Stone - 2
Super Rod - 1
Professor's Letter - 1
Mega Turbo - 2
VS Seeker - 4
Ultra Ball - 3
Forest of Giant Plants - 3

Energy (13)

Double Dragon Energy - 4
Grass Energy - 9

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I have several thoughts/comments I could offer for your consideration, but I would first like to know what your deck/game strategy is. I do not wish to assume this given your current deck list; so, it would be helpful knowing your plan since it may affect feedback. Thanks.

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
I have several thoughts/comments I could offer for your consideration, but I would first like to know what your deck/game strategy is. I do not wish to assume this given your current deck list; so, it would be helpful knowing your plan since it may affect feedback. Thanks.
The plan is to set up sceptiles as fast as you can in the first or second turn and start the loop, and giratina is there to be a counter against megas and stall some time. If the oponent has garbodors giratina still will work since it does not allow tool attachment.

I am still looking to make a decent sceptile deck, since it is still in the works im open to several variants

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I've been trying this deck for a few weeks and it just doesn't work. While charging Giratina EX, M Sceptile lose it's biggest advantage, the M Sceptile heal loop.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
I have had success with M Sceptile/Malamar EX. It works quite well with Hyper Hypnosis and the Heal Loop. Not only that, but Malamar can hit for considerable numbers with Trick Coin

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I've run 2 types of Sceptile EX decks: Manectric-Sceptile (last few seasons), as well as Sceptile-Yveltal (@Master Golurk - great minds think alike...). After 1 of my Poke pals won a League Challenge with his Mega Sceptile EX deck, I started toying with the deck, as well. IMO, it will definitely be amonst the top tier decks this season.

A few thoughts for your consideration going into the next season:

• Mega Sceptile EX has an inherent advantage (perhaps) in that it only needs a very low energy requirement (GC) before it can inflict 100 damage, and the energy attachement can be accelerated with either Mega Turbo or Max Elixir. Further, with Forest of Giant Plants Stadium, evolution can also be acelerated. Leveraging the "speed" capabilities improves game winning odds.
  • Ariados, IMO, is a great partner for Sceptile EX since Ariados' Poison Nest can provide a significant damage output boost to Sceptile EX's Unseen Claw attack.
  • IMO, Parallel City is a needed staple Stadium to counter those decks (there may very well be 3 (Mega Ray, Raichu and Xerneas) somewhere in the T1-T2 goups of the upcoming next season) that need large bench sizes. In the case of M Ray matches, neither M Sceptile EX nor Sceptile can 1HKO M Rayquaza EX; so, reducing that opponent's bench size will help. Parallel City can also be used to remove liabilities like Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX from your bench too.
  • Also, the 1-of Fighting Fury Belt has lower priority than a 4th Ultra Ball or Level Ball.
  • I've run only 1 Shaymin EX and no Hoopa EX in all my decks this season. This is my personal preference and I have found found that my results have been fine (most of the time) without those "extra" cards. I prefer to run "strong" card draw support and minimize those EX liabilities (which I abuse when my opponent has multiple Shaymin EXs and/or Hoopa EXs on his/her bench).
Suggested deck changes for your consideration:
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Skyla - not critical; can be replaced with another card-draw Supporter
-1 Fighting Fury Belt

+1 Parallel City
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Ultra Ball - should be maxed-out

I hope you find these comments helpful.

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
I've run 2 types of Sceptile EX decks: Manectric-Sceptile (last few seasons), as well as Sceptile-Yveltal (@Master Golurk - great minds think alike...). After 1 of my Poke pals won a League Challenge with his Mega Sceptile EX deck, I started toying with the deck, as well. IMO, it will definitely be amonst the top tier decks this season.

A few thoughts for your consideration going into the next season:

• Mega Sceptile EX has an inherent advantage (perhaps) in that it only needs a very low energy requirement (GC) before it can inflict 100 damage, and the energy attachement can be accelerated with either Mega Turbo or Max Elixir. Further, with Forest of Giant Plants Stadium, evolution can also be acelerated. Leveraging the "speed" capabilities improves game winning odds.
  • Ariados, IMO, is a great partner for Sceptile EX since Ariados' Poison Nest can provide a significant damage output boost to Sceptile EX's Unseen Claw attack.
  • IMO, Parallel City is a needed staple Stadium to counter those decks (there may very well be 3 (Mega Ray, Raichu and Xerneas) somewhere in the T1-T2 goups of the upcoming next season) that need large bench sizes. In the case of M Ray matches, neither M Sceptile EX nor Sceptile can 1HKO M Rayquaza EX; so, reducing that opponent's bench size will help. Parallel City can also be used to remove liabilities like Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX from your bench too.
  • Also, the 1-of Fighting Fury Belt has lower priority than a 4th Ultra Ball or Level Ball.
  • I've run only 1 Shaymin EX and no Hoopa EX in all my decks this season. This is my personal preference and I have found found that my results have been fine (most of the time) without those "extra" cards. I prefer to run "strong" card draw support and minimize those EX liabilities (which I abuse when my opponent has multiple Shaymin EXs and/or Hoopa EXs on his/her bench).
Suggested deck changes for your consideration:
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Skyla - not critical; can be replaced with another card-draw Supporter
-1 Fighting Fury Belt

+1 Parallel City
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Ultra Ball - should be maxed-out

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thank You so much for your help! I played and changed this deck throughout last week and it seemed to not work well together. I returned to the basics and are now trying a M Sceptile EX/Garbodor deck. I will be posting a thread shortly so if there is any help you could give me it would be highly appreciate it! I think that there will be other powerful decks in the upcoming season, but Sceptile is one of my favorite pokemon and making a competitive deck with this pokemon is the best thing that I can accomplish in the upcoming season. Again thank you and feel free to contact me.