REGULAR Evolutions You'd Like to See in Sun & Moon?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
What are some evolutions you'd like to see in the new sun and moon games? Ex. Dragonair getting an alternate evolution/farfetch'd getting an evolution? NO MEGA EVOULTIONS, I miss the Sinnoh days where older pokemon got evolutions (Sniff...). Hopefully Mega evolution won't return. What pokemon would you like to see get an evolution or pre-evolution? (I only saw the Mega thread, if a simular thread exists then I'm sorry admins)

I'd be up for an alternate Dragonair evolution, preferably one that doesn't look like the result of Charizard having a fling with Barney the Dinosaur.
It could look closer to Dragonair and be Dragon/Water or Dragon/Psychic or something. Dragon/Fairy would also be an option, but I'd prefer the first (permanent) Dragon/Fairy mon to be a new line and not an evolution to something that has existed prior.

And I finally want my Jynx evolution! She used to form an elemental trio with Electabuzz and Magma, but they received evolutions, why leave her out?

-Farfetch'd evo (hopefully becoming Fighting/Flying)
-Some kind of alternate Weepinbell evolution (just to mirror Oddish having one; I always thought the lines were somewhat counterparts)
-a Jynx evolution (just because she needs something)
-I'd like to see an alternate Dragonair evo as well, but staying as an angelic elegant serpent (rather than barney the dragon with oompa loompa makeup on). Dragon/Water or Dragon/Fairy are pretty much the best options I can see for it.
-an alternative for Surskit which keeps the much more interesting Bug/Water typing

Also, on the subject...
I'd like to see pre-evolutions for the following Pokemon.
-Tropius
-Lapras
(pretty much any 'large' Pokemon that don't have any previous stages)
-a joint baby calf that evolves into either Miltank or Tauros
-a joint thing that evolves into either Lunatone or Solrock

I'm expecting little to no cross-gen evolutions (I think there's going to be more Megas), but here's a few I'd like to see:

-Dunsparce evolution (not sure what type, they could go in 5 different directions for a potential Dunsparce evo)
-Farfetch'd Fighting/Flying evolution
-Ekans Poison/Psychic alternate evolution
-Tropius evolution
-Tauros/Miltank baby
-Tropius baby
-Druddigon baby

Alternative evolutions are still not out of the question, as demonstrated with Sylveon. There are a few I'd like to gain such evolutions in future.

1. I would like to see Haunter gain an alternative evolution.

While it, Gastly, and Gengar have certainly improved with the physical/special split, it would be interesting to see where they could go by having another Ghost/Dark Type, which would be ideal for Haunter's separate evolution. Not only can it properly stand up to Psychic Types, but it would be awesome if it could still participate in Sky Battles. Stats would obviously be switched around, though. I reckon it may be a physical attacker.

2. I most certainly agree with Dragonair receiving an alternative evolution that can keep it's theme of majestic beauty in terms of design. Dragon/Water is the most logical Type, since we have plenty of ways to deal with Dragon Types nowadays, unlike in Generation I. I would imagine it having Magic Bounce to reflect the line's ability to learn Safeguard. In my opinion, it would be best suited as a special attacker.

3. I would also welcome a much faster, yet offensively mixed alternative evolution for Remoraid to take advantage of it's good movepool. It may not have as much options as Octillery, but having a swift Water Type that can breath fire sounds amazing. I'd like to see it remain fish-like in appearance by taking some minor influences from one or two types of guns. Water/Fire would be logical, but I wouldn't mind Water/Ice as an alternative.

For now, those are from the tip of my tong.

I think Torkoal needs a preevo, he feels incomplete to me. Also I think Spiritomb could get either a pre-evo or a evolution, maybe one that plays around with the 108 spirits part of its pokedex.

I want an evolution for forgotten Pokemon; like Farfetch'd, Dunsparce and Ledian. Those Pokemon have potential; it's just their lackluster stats really leave a lot to be desired.

I really want to see an Evolution for Maractus! It could have ties with chili peppers and be a Grass/Fire-Type!

I really want to see an Evolution for Maractus! It could have ties with chili peppers and be a Grass/Fire-Type!

That was one Pokemon I forgot to say that should get an evolution too. A dancing cactus evolving into a jalopeno-like Pokemon doesn't make much sense on paper. But then again; we have a pistol fish (Remoraid) evolving into an octopus (Octillery), so there's a chance something like that could happen.

Personally I want a baby calf that regardless of gender has 2 possible evolutions. The males would be Tauros and Bouffalant and the females would be Bouffalant and Miltank.

I would also like Maractus to be the evolution of Cacnea without a dark type in the party.

Finally I would like a baby Aerodactyl.

Ehh... I really don't understand the demand for a prevo that links Tauros and Miltank... the only things they have in common is that they're both bovines and both gender exclusive. But one is a realistic wild bull, and the other is a bipedal cartoon milk cow... they don't strike me as a pair.

I suppose while I'm on the subject of prevos, I honestly can't imagine why I'd want to see any at all. Unless they come with some awesome multiple evolutionary lines, they'd just be PokeDex filler now, wouldn't they?

While I doubt any evolutions are coming, and if anything, these Alola forms and possibly Megas will be taking the place of these. And while I prefer the Alola forms, there are a couple I'd like to see.

- A prevolution that evolves into Tauros or Miltank based on its gender.
- An evolution for Jynx to complete the "set" of Electabuzz, Magmar, and Jynx that was never finished.

But if these don't happen, I won't be very upset, because evolutions of past Pokemon likely won't happen, as they haven't happened in 10 years. But Alola forms are so much better than those weird ones that evolve with an item and a trade. It just seems... artificial. Alola forms make Pokemon seem like actually creatures that don't just evolve, but literally evolve to adapt to their ways of living.

An evolution for Jynx to complete the "set" of Electabuzz, Magmar, and Jynx that was never finished.

But they aren't a trio.
What they have in common:
-got a pre-evolution in GS
-said pre-evolutions evolve at Lv30
-each learn one of the elemental punches
-they've been close in the pokedex most of the time..

But now look at the list of things Magmar and Electabuzz (who are indisputably counterparts/a duo) do have in common but don't with Jynx:
-pure elemental energy-generating types. Jynx has the cold elemental type as well as being a dual type with a Psychic on top of Ice.
-mostly male gender ratio (75/25). Jynx is exclusively female.
-very close total base stats(360/365->490/495). Smoochum/Jynx have ~50 less total base stats (305->455), meaning it's not even meant to be the same "level" of Pokémon. That makes Jynx to Electabuzz/Magmar what the Hitmons are to Machamp in terms of stats..
-even the closer stat distribution, in Electabuzz and Magmars case, their highests stats are both Attacks, followed by a moderate speed, whereas Jynx is clearly laid out as a fast special sweeper only.
-both have the Hidden ability Vital Spirit (cannot sleep because they're so energetic), whereas Jynx has a random Dry Skin since the energetic theme is absent.
-always consistently version exclusive. Jynx however is never factored into that and is obtained by some other manner or not at all, regardless of version differences.

But the most glaring difference is in the designs themselves.
125Electabuzz.png
126Magmar.png
Here you have 2 clearly animal-based designs (cat and duck?) with an increasingly humanoid look.
They are also blatantly covered by the elemental patterns that make it impossible to miss their types. You cannot make Pokemon designs scream "Electric" and "Fire" more clearly than these.

Jynx on the other hand...
124Jynx.png
For a third member, you'd expect a pure Ice type monkey/bear/whatever animal-based design, that's covered in an icy pattern.

So...I have no problem with anyone who wants an evolution for Jynx in general. But "to finish the set", what set? o_o

tl;dr
the differences between Jynx and Electabuzz/Magmar far outweighed the similarities, even before gen 4 completely closed the case.

Ehh... I really don't understand the demand for a prevo that links Tauros and Miltank... the only things they have in common is that they're both bovines and both gender exclusive. But one is a realistic wild bull, and the other is a bipedal cartoon milk cow... they don't strike me as a pair.

Well bulls and cows are the same species but different genders, so they do naturally form a pair.

I suppose while I'm on the subject of prevos, I honestly can't imagine why I'd want to see any at all. Unless they come with some awesome multiple evolutionary lines, they'd just be PokeDex filler now, wouldn't they?

The main advantage in baby Pokemon is accessibility, it allows you access to an evolutionary line earlier than you'd normal get it. Prime example: in BW2 you can find Magby/Elekid around the 2nd gym, well before you tend to get Magmar/Electabuzz (usually mid to late game). By that logic there's a couple of Pokemon that would be viable for baby Pokemon, Druddigon and Tropius could use one.

I saw a really cool Mega Jynx design online so I'd rather that be a thing then a new evolution. Maybe a pre evolution for Scyther anf Pinsir also. And of course baby Kangaskhan.

Now that you mention Pinsir... Pinsir and Heracross strike me as the #1 pair suited for a shared pre-evolution, far before Ißd get to Tauros and Miltank (which although have an obvious connection conceptually, design-wise they're really completely different Pokemon that I'd never think of being related.).

Tropius could get not only a prevo but an evolution given it fits the theme of the region.

On an unrelated note I have always thought of Mr. Mime and Jynx being a pair and even more so with the fairy typing.

I'd love for some filler Pokémon to get shown some love, so Pokémon like Corsola, Qwilfish, Carnivine, Chatot, Chimecho and Spinda are Pokémon I'd like to see evolve.

I also really love Baby Pokémon too, they're just so darn cute, so here's a list of Pokémon I think should have Baby Evolutions:
Volbeat/Illumise: I mean, Pinsir/Heracross might be obvious, but these two are, imo, even more obvious! Give both an evolution, and I'd be very happy!
Sawk/Throh: Once again, similar Pokémon who look like they are related but aren't. Make it Hitmon 2.0 and add another evolution to the baby too
Alomomola: It's real life counterparts fry, looks like a star and are like 5 millimeters long - It would be so cute! :3
Druddigon: Druddigon just looks like something a Pokémon would evolve into, so yeah.
Hawlucha: A baby luchador bird would be adorable .3.

Back