Pokemon Animals That Should be Made into Pokémon

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
here you can discuss what Animals you would like to have a Pokemon.
So I'll start with a couple I've wanted for a while.

Dolphin Pokemon.
Reason: I think that there has needed to be a Dolphin Pokemon for a long time, and this gen
would be the perfect time for it.
Type: Water/Fairy

Grasshopper Pokemon.
Reason: I just think this would be a good one, and am kind of surprised they haven't done one yet
Type: Bug/Grass

Red panda.
Reason: Red panda's are you cute! They totally deserve a Pokemon.
Type: Dark

Bat-Eared Fox
Reason: Mainly because they are my favorite animal :)
Type: Ground/Normal

Koala finally got a Pokemon! What animal deserves one next?

This thread was moved to General Pokémon Discussion as it is about Pokémon in general, and not specifically relating to the TCG. :)

Thanks. I wasn't sure how to do that. :)

Only mods have permission to move threads, so if you've already created one and it's in the wrong forum, you should PM a mod to move it for you. You can find a list of who moderates this forum at the bottom of the page (under Moderated By).

Anyway, I'd definitely agree with a dolphin Pokemon, we could use a little more species variety in surfing routes. And to add variety to caves, how about a Ground/Bug earthworm? It'd be refreshing to see more cave dwellers that aren't bats and rocks. I'm also surprised we haven't had a house fly Pokemon. Maybe make it Bug/Dark instead of Bug/Flying, since Bug/Flying has been done to death.

Only mods have permission to move threads, so if you've already created one and it's in the wrong forum, you should PM a mod to move it for you. You can find a list of who moderates this forum at the bottom of the page (under Moderated By).

Okay, I will remember that for further mistakes. (Though hopefully I wont make any)

Anyway, I'd definitely agree with a dolphin Pokemon, we could use a little more species variety in surfing routes. And to add variety to caves, how about a Ground/Bug earthworm? It'd be refreshing to see more cave dwellers that aren't bats and rocks. I'm also surprised we haven't had a house fly Pokemon. Maybe make it Bug/Dark instead of Bug/Flying, since Bug/Flying has been done to death.

Maybe Grubbin will evolve into an earthworm...

Last edited by a moderator:
here you can discuss what Animals you would like to have a Pokemon.
So I'll start with a couple I've wanted for a while.

Dolphin Pokemon.
Reason: I think that there has needed to be a Dolphin Pokemon for a long time, and this gen
would be the perfect time for it.
Type: Water/Fairy

Grasshopper Pokemon.
Reason: I just think this would be a good one, and am kind of surprised they haven't done one yet
Type: Bug/Grass

Red panda.
Reason: Red panda's are you cute! They totally deserve a Pokemon.
Type: Dark

Bat-Eared Fox
Reason: Mainly because they are my favorite animal :)
Type: Ground/Normal

Koala finally got a Pokemon! What animal deserves one next?
Isn't Bewear kinda the first Red Panda Pokemon?

Isn't Bewear kinda the first Red Panda Pokemon?
The first red panda Pokémon was actually Spinda! A lot of people write it off, but red pandas are famous for having varied patterns, and personally I think that Spinda actually encompasses the species very well. :)

I know these technically aren't animals, but I'd like to see a legendary trio with members based on Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.

I know these technically aren't animals, but I'd like to see a legendary trio with members based on Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.
Actually, one could argue that this has already happened.

It's generally accepted that Zeus is the Greek god of the sky/heavens/storms, etc., Poseidon is the god of the sea, and Hades is the god of death––but also to a lesser extent everything in the earth, including stones, gems, other precious metals, and the dead.

The triangle of sky-sea-earth has happened a few times in the trios of the Pokémon world.
  • The main one, of course, is the weather trio––Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre representing the sky, earth, and sea, respectively.
  • Lugia and Ho-Oh, while not a trio by themselves, represent the sky-sea parallel. While Regigigas isn't technically part of the Tower duo, this thread (well worth a read, btw, along with the rest of @Mitja's content) shows the parallel between the Legendary Birds, Beasts, and Golems, so it doesn't seem like too much to include the trio master of the Golems in with the other two, which would also be the last piece of the triangle.
  • And finally, the Legendary Beasts themselves, Entei (whose Pokédex entry describes it racing across the land and being born from volcanoes), Raikou (which is said to have descended with lightning, presumably from the sky), and Suicune (which can purify foul water and is said to be the embodiment of a pure spring).
The Kami trio (Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus) also look visually similar to how one might expect personifications of Greek gods to look, but though Landorus embodies fertile soil and the harvest, and Tornadus embodies hurricanes, Thundurus has very little if anything to do with the sea.

But I assume you were after a Pokémon that embodies the death aspect of Hades, and not the earth aspect. Not sure I can help you there. :p

I was thinking a mix of both earth and death for Hades.

Also we need more legendary Pokemon based on Egyptian myths.

I'm also pretty baffled that the following animals aren't in Pokemon form yet:
Capybara
Meerkat
Lynx
Llama
Zebu
Ring-Tailed Lemur
Ibis
Snow Leopard
Coati
Flamingo
Red Panda
Jaguar
Wildebeest
Andean Condor
Kiwi bird
Mandrill
American Black Bear
Reindeer
Kookaburra
Leopard Gecko
Gila Monster
Tree Kangaroo
Hyrax
Roadrunner

Last edited:
There definitely needs to be a Pokémon based on the Luna Moth!

They're an absolutely gorgeous, green moth. Fairly large. They're mostly nocturnal, as far as I'm aware, and they're a pretty good size.

Personally, I'd make it a Bug/Dark type, part of a two or three evolution line, and would give it decent enough stats to make it useful in the main game's story. It could be named Lunoth.

I realized recently that there hasn't been a Wombat or a Platapus Pokémon, which I find kinda strange. I think it would be pretty funny to have both.

There definitely needs to be a Pokémon based on the Luna Moth!
That would be so amazing and beautiful. It definitely needs to happen.

Back