Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Paragon should probably be saved for Ryoma/Jabber. He only gains, like, 10 EXP per kill, so Paragon lets him level up a lot faster and be even better late game.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Paragon should probably be saved for Ryoma/Jabber. He only gains, like, 10 EXP per kill, so Paragon lets him level up a lot faster and be even better late game.
Ryoma/Jabber already invalidates the entire cast of characters in this game by himself, he really doesn't need it.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Ryoma/Jabber already invalidates the entire cast of characters in this game by himself, he really doesn't need it.
Invalidation through trout since 2016. :cool:

I confess I'm not really following the FE aspect of this, but the writing, as per usual Thena, is very good and engaging. I'm good with whatever option gives me the most HP. :D

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I'm good with whatever option gives me the most HP. :D
Not like you really need any HP boosts :p Your sword is the most broken thing across all 3 games.

Can I pleeeeeeeeeeeease have paragon? :3
Hayato doesn't really need the EXP boost as he's in a base class so he'll level up fairly quickly, plus the DLC classes level up fairly quickly . I would save Paragon for those that aren't getting reclassed via DLC and need to reach close to level 20 to promote.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Not like you really need any HP boosts :p Your sword is the most broken thing across all 3 games.
Ahh ... about swords, and HP ... *cough*

Swords only tend to work if you've got the HP to withstand a pebble. If TGK's Dungeons & Dragonites game has taught us anything, it's that. :p

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Ahh ... about swords, and HP ... *cough*

Swords only tend to work if you've got the HP to withstand a pebble. If TGK's Dungeons & Dragonites game has taught us anything, it's that. :p
You see, Ryoma doesn't need HP because enemies have a 0% hit rate on him most of the time! ^.^

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
And he gets to strike first if he's under 50% HP. But what's gamebreaking about him is his sword which has a range of 2, no stat penalties, and has good attacking power. You just OP Jabber :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Honestly, Paragon can go to whoever. Birthright Hard Mode is incredibly easy, which is why I'm playing it in the first place. I'm more interested in making silly, fun teams and combos than doing whatever is most useful or most powerful, since it doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. :p

But, yeah, Jabber is definitely the most powerful character we have recruited aside from Athena. Using him and his prf sword trivializes a lot of difficulty no matter what else you're doing. Lobsters confirmed for OP. :U

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I don't really know much at all about FE, but what would happen if you have Vom the Paragon or whatever it is? Just throwing a random name out there, but I would've suggested myself. What would happen if Kagero got the Paragon, too?

Also, I might be being a little basic here, but I'm interested in seeing a Nohr Princess Athena.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I don't really know much at all about FE, but what would happen if you have Vom the Paragon or whatever it is? Just throwing a random name out there, but I would've suggested myself. What would happen if Kagero got the Paragon, too?

The Paragon skill gives people double experience points whenever they do anything, such as attack an enemy or use a staff. This enables them to level quicker than usual. There are a few main benefits to this:

1) Quickly leveling up a unit who joins in at a lower level.
2) Giving more experience to a character that may otherwise not get as much (as as healers, or promoted units).
3) Giving experience to characters you specifically want to level quickly for the purposes of gaining skills, promoting, and/or reclassing.
4) Just an easy way to make any particular unit more powerful since more exp = more levels = more stats = ++combat goodness.

From previous suggestions, TGK getting it would be an example of 1) (he's a lower level than the current status quo), Jabber would be an example of 2) (he's promoted and therefore gains less exp), and Xerneas wanting to save it for a specific instance is an example of 3).

Giving it to Vom or Jesi wouldn't give us any specific benefits, but it would count as 4) no matter what.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Also, I might be being a little basic here, but I'm interested in seeing a Nohr Princess Athena.
Technically she already was a Nohr Princess. It's the default base class you start in and will most likely want to reclass out of or promote to a Hoshido Noble (in this version) mainly due to being unable to go above level 20. Also if you're curious what they would look like just see any promotional art of Corrin since it really only shows them in their Nohr Prince/cess class

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
DLC: Time to play Not-Gaiden!

We said our goodbyes to Izana and headed back to our pocket dimension castle for, uh, no real reason actually, I guess, it's just kind of become a force of habit by now. I hung out in my treehouse for a bit while the others explored the various shops and sites. PMJ came up to Sakura sitting calmly on a bench near the water.

<PMJ> So... feel like another spooky story? :3
<Skyleaf> Definitely not! I'm still terrified from the last one about the monster in the Nohrian castle... ~_~;;
<PMJ> Oh, yes, I remember that one, with the painting of the man that would kidnap maids during the night.
<Skyleaf> You don't need to tell me, I remember it myself. >_<
<PMJ< Oh, I told you the beginning, but I don't think I finished it...
<Skyleaf> *sigh*
<PMJ> You see, the--
<Skyleaf> Please don't, I'm already putting up with constant nightmares. ._.;;
<PMJ> You know if you're afraid, you can always come stay with me at night. :3
<Skyleaf> Sleep with my torturer, no thank you! >.>;
PMJ and Skyleaf attained support level B!

We were just about to get ready to move forward with the plot when a strange, red-haired woman magically appeared in the castle.

<Anna> Come one! Come all! To the Outrealm Trial Grounds!
<Athena> Who are you and how did you get in here? o_o;
<Anna> Oh, me? I'm Anna, but that's not important. What IS important is that I have a limited, one-time-only offering for a special trial for which a group like yours is perfect! If you end the Witches' Curse, you'll win a fabulous magical prize!
<Aura> Oh, that sounds like fun!
<Skyleaf? Can we Athena? Pretty please?
<Athena> *shrugs* Why not. It's not like we're in a hurry to save someone or anything.
<Vom> *sigh*​

We followed Anna through a strange gate into a land filled with very brown and boring map design. A mountain range in the middle of the path made a forked path, one heading east and one north. It wasn't really apparently what "witches" had to do with anything yet, so I decided to split forces. TGK, Skyleaf, Mozu, and PMJ headed to the east fork, while Palutena, Vom, Robin, and I headed north.

We began to dispatch the enemies more or less normally, but it wasn't long before the witches made themselves known, teleporting in wherever they felt like it and generally making a mess of things. Thankfully they weren't all too powerful, because they kept coming and coming. Finally the eastern side was clear and the guys over there hurried back north to help us take out the witches' stronghold. Palutena, Vom, and TGK teamed up to take down the boss and everyone was happy.

<Anna> Hurray, you won! Are you guys professional witchbusters or something?
<Athena> Ummm... maybe?
<Anna> Anyway, thanks! Take this Witches Mark and this Warp Tome for a prize!
<Everyone> Yay prizes! \o/​

We went back to our castle and I couldn't help but notice that we'd picked up a lot of supports during that battle! Rather than seeing the sites or relaxing, a lot of people decided to spend their castle time havign silly conversations to build their support levels.

<TGK> Hey, PMJ, do you have a minute?
<PMJ> Oh, sure, did you need something?
<TGK> Well, I was thinking, I mean.. we've already done a decent amount of traveling since we left my village... and everything is so big and exciting!
<PMJ> Really, we haven't gone that far, it's not like Izumo is that far from the Wind Village... >_>
<TGK> But it's so cool! And I know that you've traveled like tonnes of places and billions of miles! Have you ever met anyone famous? Did you ever see the world's largest ball of twine?
<PMJ> No...
<TGK> Oh, come on, you have to something fun to share!
<PMJ> Um, if you don't mind, I'm going to go over there... >_> *runs*
<TGK> Awwww... :<
TGK and PMJ attained support level C!
<Robin> Lady Skyleaf... do you mind if I ask you a question?
<Skyleaf> Ummm... sure?
<Robin> I can't help but notice that you're very selfless, always helping others.
<Skyleaf> Oh, well, thank you...
<Robin> But you're a princess, right? The youngest princess even! Shouldn't you be ordering people about? Having them feed you peeled grapes while you lie on a bed being fanned by servants?
<Skyleaf> Umm...
<Robin> You should be spoiled rotten! Why if I were in your shoes... oh dear, I'm afraid I'm being burned up by horrible jealousy. I'm afraid I must depart now.
<Skyleaf> ... wtf was that about o_o;
Robin and Skyleaf attained support level C!

After taking his leave of Skyleaf, Robin wandered off to observe others about the camp, and he happened to spot Palutena in the meeting tent.

<Palutena> There, now everything is much more tidy. The tent is so much friendlier to talk in when it's clean.
<Palutena> Oh, and the armour! I almost forgot...
<Palutena> Eep! How long have you been standing there, Robin?
<Robin> Long enough to get some good material to make fun of you. "Oh, look at me everyone, I'm Palutena and I'm cleaning the tent! My hair is so pretty! Everyone will like me! Oh, and the armour!"
<Palutena> ... >:| >:| >:|
<Robin> Oh dear, your face has suddenly turned horrifying. Are you actually a demon? I think I'll leave now.
<Palutena> You get back here, you... !!! >_<
Palutena and Robin gained support level C!

Palutena chased after Robin, but the monk seemed to have disappeared into thin air. She was disappointed for a few minutes... until she happened to spot Vom walking by.

<Palutena> Vom, hold up!
<Vom> Need something?
<Palutena> Yes, I've been meaning to talk to you.
<Vom> Well, I'm here, so talk.
<Palutena> Your outfit... it's horrible!
<Vom> ... ... ...
<Palutena> Your mask is boring, your clothes dowdy, everything is so bland... you're a fashion disaster!
<Vom> *shrugs* I'm a ninja. Being bland helps me do my work.
<Palutena> Pfft, I don't believe that for a minute! I'm a tailor's daughter, so you can trust me: there's a way to look good doing anything! Let me put together a few outfits for you, pretty please? :3 *dashes off*
<Vom> ... But I didn't even say yes. ._.; Guess it's time to go hide...
Palutena and Vom gained support level C!

We were about to head out to the next level when I saw that it was getting late and this chapter was already pretty long, what with all the supports and all, so I decided to call it a day.

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 13 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 10 Shrine Maiden
PMJ
- Lv. 13 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 12 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 13 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 10 Monk
TGK - Lv. 12 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 13 Spear Master

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Outlaw (Heart), Nohr Princess (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
PMJ - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Vom - Samurai (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Aura - Villager (Heart), Archer (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Robin - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
TGK - Diviner (Heart), Oni Savage (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Palutena - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Boo Camp - Standard EXP grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dread Fighter - 1 available
Dark Flyer - 2 available
Lodestar (males only) - 1 only - reserved for Kaden
Grandmaster (males only) - unlimited
Vanguard (males only) - unlimited
Ballistician (males only) - unlimited

Witch (females only) - 1 in hand (unlimited)

NOTE: We also get one free of either the Ballistician class OR the Witch class without playing DLC. Please vote for which you'd like!

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Azura/PMJ - Sakura/Skyleaf
Sakura/Skyleaf - Azura/PMJ*
Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains) and also a Warp skill (allows unitst o warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

So, since we have a good amount of units now, I figured it would be a good time to go ahead and do the Witch DLC that was suggested earlier.

Witches teleporting in Fates is much less scary than Witches teleporting in Gaiden since Gaiden Witches can teleport ANYWHERE and their AI is completely inscrutable. They're just as likely to warp into the middle of your party and kill your weakest dude as they are to warp kindasorta in your general area and then walk, or even just not warp at all and just manually trek at you. Witches, man.

The level itself wasn't so bad. Gaiden level design is, uh, amazing. Mostly I just let TGK wreck face to catch up in levels, and he performed admirably. I was going to go ahead and give him the Paragon scroll anyway, but he got a lot more levels than I thought he would and he's now completely caught up, so I haven't bothered. So you're welcome to continue suggesting for that if you'd like.

And so we now have a Witches Mark for us to make one of our female units a Witch if we like. They're a high magic class with some cool skills, sadly much better than the corresponding Ballistician class (which really sucks because SD Ballisticians are so cool). We also got a Warp skill to pass out, but sadly the skill can only be learned by people who are promoted level 15 or higher (or lv. 35 if they're one of those fancy 40 level classes), so it'll be a while before we can actually give that to anyone.

And then we ended up with a whole bunch of supports, too. With the chapter gaining some significant length as a result of those (plus with it being kind of late already and me needing to do some shopping and cleaning this afternoon still), I decided to just do the DLC and end things early.

PS: Did you know that, in 5 level-ups, our Vom has gained Mag 4 times and Str only once? :UU They're both pretty swingy growths for him (55% Str, 45% Mag), but I find it kind of hilarious regardless.

Anyway, thanks for reading, please suggest some things, and stay tuned for tomorrow when we'll actually move on with the plot some more. Maybe. No promises.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
We should give Azura the warp for auto dances each turn. It should help get her exp. too. We might want to make PP a dark flyer after getting level 15 as Basara for galeforce shenanigans, as well.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'll suggest to make Rhajat a witch when the time comes, it's what Tharja would've wanted for her ancestor

I'm legitimately disappointed they didn't make Rhajat a Dark Mage. It would have made so much more sense with her character, and it's not like there aren't other kids with different classes from their parents, as well as access to some Nohrian classes, too.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I'm legitimately disappointed they didn't make Rhajat a Dark Mage. It would have made so much more sense with her character, and it's not like there aren't other kids with different classes from their parents, as well as access to some Nohrian classes, too.
Or at least make her personal skill something so she can use dark magic (even though Nosferatu is meh). IS logic is downright mindboggling.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I don't really think not being able to use Dark Magic is that big of a deal because there's only one Dark Magic tome and you can't get it in BR anyway. :p

But, yeah, we'll keep a Witch for her, for sure.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Chapter 10: Xerneas and Jesi jump into the fray!

After a night of resting, we popped back into the real world and continued on into the region of Mokushu.

<Athena> So, since I'm so ignorant of everything, what's a Mokushu?
<BB> Mokushu is an independent ninja country. They're pretty tough, so I don't think we need to worry about them being infiltrated by Nohrians like what happened in Izumo.
<Zola> So, uh, guys, are you just going to keep ignoring me?
<PMJ> We let you go back in Izumo; it's not our fault you're still following us. >_<
<Zola> I don't exactly have anywhere else to go. :\ I can't go back to Nohr. Take me with you? Pretty please?
<Vom> Hell no.
<PMJ> Definitely not.
<Skyleaf> I, umm... I don't think that's a good idea, either. ._.;
<Palutena> Can I stab him again?
<Athena> Hey guys, I don't know if you forgot, but I'm the main character here, so it's my choice.
<Aura> You... you're not actually going to say yes, are you?
<Athena> Well, I'm a super naive protagonist, so... yeah, let him come with. I don't see any way that trusting this guy could go wrong.
<Zola> Hurray!
<Everyone> facepalm.jpg
<Athena> But we'll keep a close eye on you, Zola, and if you do anything suspicious, I will indeed let Palutena stab you as much as she likes.
<Palutena> >:3
<Zola> Don't worry, I'll be good!​

We continued our walk through the forest, occasionally making some small talk. It was a pleasant walk, all things considered... at least it was until I narrowly dodged a shuriken tossed at my head.

<BB> Hmmm, I recognize this make. It's a Mokushu shuriken for sure.
<Athena> Wait, I thought you said we didn't need to worry about Nohrians being here!
<Zola> Yes, the lady's right. There shouldn't be any Nohrians here. We've been steering clear of this region for the most part. But I suppose if they made a deal with Garon...
<Kotaro> *appears* Yeah, the little jerk is right. I am Kotaro, daimyo of Mokusho, and my kingdom has indeed made an arrangement with Nohr. :3
<PMJ> We only seek passage through your territory, Daimyo, do you have a quarrel with us?
<Kotaro> Well, you see, King Garon has promised us new lands if we help him in his war against Hoshido, and if I'm not mistaken, you guys look like a group of traveling Hoshidans... do I even spy a little princess back there?
<Skyleaf> Eeep! *hides behind TGK*
<Kotaro> Seems to me that I could make a nice dent in this war just by killing you all here right now.
<Athena> Welp, guess it's time to prepare for battle, then. Everyone, to arms!​

A wave of ninjas suddenly appeared all around us, popping out from behind trees, underneath piles of leaves, you know, standard ninja stuff. We grabbed our weapons and had just begun an assault when I heard some strange breathing coming from behind us on the path.

<Athena> *looks over* Is that... Xerneas? o_o;
<Xerneas> Ungh....
<Skyleaf> Brother! You're safe!​

Xerneas looked... different. His face was pale and shadowed, tinged with purple as if he had some kind of weirdo, mild disease. His movements were stumbling and shambling, almost as if he were a zombie. At the sound of our voices, his head perked up mechanically. He pulled out his Fujin Yumi and sent an arrow shooting right at our party.

<Skyleaf> Eeek! *dives behind a bush*
<Athena> Hey dude, that almost hit your sister! >:|
<Xerneas> Kill....
<Everyone> ... ... ... o_o;
<Xerneas>I am ignored... alone... forgotten...
<Skyleaf> What's wrong with him...? ;~;
<Xerneas> I will not... stand in the shadows.... I will make them pay!
<PMJ> Hold on, let me handle this.
<Athena> >_>?
<PMJ> ♫ You are the ocean's grey waves... ♫
<Xerneas> Ohgod, that song again... oh, hey PMJ, 'sup?
<PMJ> There, back to normal.
<Xerneas> Huh? Wait a minute... *looks around* Where am I? What's going on?
<PMJ> Well, we're kind of in the middle of a battle right now, so I'd rather not spend too much time explaining, but can you fight for us?
<Xerneas> Oh, sure, no probs.​

With Xerneas saved from... whatever the hell was wrong with him, we returned to our regularly scheduled battle. The majority of the enemies were ninja wielding shuriken, which means that 1-2 range access was very important, though there were also a few Archer and Spear Masters about. Saizo and Palutena paired up and took a more northerly path, eventually joined by TGK and Skyleaf, while the rest of us stuck to the south. Occasionally, there were traps set up with bamboo spikes shooting out of the ground, but there were also dragon veins in the area that allowed us to sense the traps and spring them early.

Mozu and Robin stayed behind to mop up reinforcements while the rest of us continued onto the far eastern side where Kotaro had holed himself up to watch the battle. Vom formally asked if he could be allowed to be the one to take the man down. I wasn't sure why he wanted to claim this kill specifically, but I agreed, and when we did finally reach him, Vom was the first in line.

<Vom> Kotaro of Mokushu... you will answer to me.
<Kotaro> Hah! I answer to know man. Who the hell are you that would demand such of me?
<Vom> Hello. My name is Vom the Fifth. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
<Kotaro> Vom... why, yes, that is familiar... I'm pretty sure I have killed people from your pitiful lineage, your daddy could have been one of them.
<Vom> Why you son of a... my father was an honourable man.
<Kotaro> Honourable? Perhaps; that's not for me to say. I can attest to the fact that he was hella weak, though. And now his son will fall to the same blade. How poetic!
<Vom> Write a poem about THIS! *stab*
<Kotaro> Urk! x_x;
<Vom> Father, you are avenged.​

With the boss dead, it didn't take all too much time to finish sweeping up the rest of the enemies. Once that was taken care of, we gingerly walked to a place where there were no bamboo spikes and proceeded to be all excited that Xerneas was safe and sound and reunited with us.

<Everyone> Yay Xerneas! \o/
<Xerneas> Aw shucks, guys... *blush*
<Athena> I don't mean to be a downer, but Jabber's still missing. :\ Xerneas, do you have any idea what happened to him?
<Xerneas> Well, we were fighting together against the Nohrians near Izumo, but we got separated. I'm afraid I don't know what happened to him after that. I was a bit busy taking care of myself, fighting dudes, stuck in a landslide, fell in the Bottomless Canyon.
<Skyleaf> !!! Ohmygosh, are you okay? ;~;~;~:
<Palutena> I've never heard of anyone that's ever come back from falling in the canyon... so how did you get ehre?
<Xerneas> Honestly, I have no idea. That's the last memory I have before waking up right during the battle just now. With my bow out and aimed at you guys. So, uh, anyone care to fill me in on what happened?
<Athena> It seemed like you were under some kind of spell. Thankfully, PMJ was able to sing her song and save you... somehow.
<Xerneas> Well, thank you for that... sister. :3
<PMJ> Oh, yay~~ <3
<Athena> So, uh, Xerneas, feel like joining us to find Ryoma? We might even come across something that will jog your memory.
<Xerneas> Sure, may as well.
<BB> Hey guys, I don't mean to interrupt the party, but I happened to find Jesi nearby. I guess she was a prisoner of Mokushu or something.
<Jesi> Hey guys, 'sup?
<Everyone> Yay, Jesi's here too! \o/
<Vom> Do you have any news of Lord Jabber? Last we heard, he was separated from Lord Xerneas during the conflict near Izumo.
<Jesi> Yes. After the battle, we rendezvoused with a Hoshidan scout that shared with us news about a small civil war in Nohr involving the region of Cheve. He headed out there to investigate, and sent me back to bring word of his mission. However, I ended up being captured by the Mokushujin.
<Athena> Welp, I guess it's time to head back towards Nohr, then.
<BB> Considering where we are, it would be faster to travel by sea from here. There's a port town a bit to the south where we can hire a ship.
<Athena> Sounds like a plan! Feel like coming along, Jesi?
<Jesi> Of course!
<Athena> Alright, it's a plan. Back to the castle!
<Xerneas> Wait, what? o_o;
<Athena> Oh, you'll see...​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 13 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 13 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 15 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 13 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 14 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 13 Monk
TGK - Lv. 13 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 13 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 13 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 10 Ninja

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Outlaw (Heart), Nohr Princess (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Priestess
PMJ - Sky Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Vom - Samurai (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist
Aura - Villager (Heart), Archer (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Robin - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Great Master
TGK - Diviner (Heart), Oni Savage (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Palutena - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Spear Master, Basara
Xerneas - Spear Fighter (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Sniper, Kinshi Knight
Jesi - Diviner (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Boo Camp - Standard EXP grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dread Fighter - 1 available
Dark Flyer - 2 available
Lodestar (males only) - 1 only - reserved for Kaden
Grandmaster (males only) - unlimited
Vanguard (males only) - unlimited
Ballistician (males only) - unlimited

Witch (females only) - 1 in hand (unlimited)

NOTE: We also get one free of either the Ballistician class OR the Witch class without playing DLC. Please vote for which you'd like!

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Azura/PMJ - Sakura/Skyleaf
Sakura/Skyleaf - Azura/PMJ*
Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker and Lucktaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill or something) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Yay plot! I told you we'd get there eventually.

We've picked up Xerneas now, who is a pretty great unit, despite being bow-locked. His Fujin Yumi has very high might and crit, so even though Takumi isn't the fastest, he can still one-shot quite a lot of enemies. I put Athena in as his back-end for a bit of a boost and to start building up their support. He's already started picking up a good few levels.

It's a pretty straight-forward level, like most Birthright levels. The spikes hurt both enemies and allies, but you can trigger them with dragon veins to make them appear while enemies are already on them which does a bit of damage and lets you know exactly where they are easily, so it's not bad. It's also a really nice haven for spam healing because you end up with a lot of people injured. Hence how both Robin and Skyleaf were able to catch up in levels. :p

We've also picked up Jesi whom, despite being super hot, I've never actually used before! So definitely looking forward to that. Sure, it means we have 3 different users wielding shuriken, but at least shuriken are a good weapon. :U She's not as bulky as Vom, and less skillful (quite a bit so... in fact... let's just go ahead and feed her the 2 secret books that I have in convoy; there, better), but she already has higher Str than he does, despite being 3 levels lower.

If I didn't have so much to do today I would do our first unit recap... but I do, so I guess you'll have to wait until Monday.

Also, for the record, I've gone ahead and listed promotion options for people's current classes in the reclassing section above. We're definitely not at promotion time yet, but I figured I'd go ahead and list them if people want to start discussing options. The people in DLC or special classes don't have promotion options because those are 40 level classes; instead, the game treats them like promoted classes once they pass the level 20 threshold for most purposes (such as gaining new skills at Lv. 25 and 35).

Thanks for reading, toss some suggestions at me, and enjoy your weekends, everyone!