• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

M latios ex deck, with a splash of dedenne for some reason

daniel rowland

Aspiring Trainer
I just started running this deck, and before i run it more i would like some advice on how my deck looks.

Pokemon:
3-3 M latios ex
3-3-2 Crobat
1 Dedenne (FuF)

Trainers:
2 N
4 Sycamore
1 Giovanni's scheme
1 Delinquent
1 xerosic
1 az
1 lysandre
1 Sacred ash
2 Mega turbo
3 super scoop up
4 Puzzle of time
3 latios spirit link
1 escape rope/switch
4 ultra ball
2 vs seeker
3 trainers mail
4 dde
5 psychic energy
3 water energy

Things i could see work could be target whistle and some more mega turbo or something to get energy back.

Hello! I really like this idea, however, I think you could make a few adjustments to make this deck run smoother.
Personally I would get rid of the Dedenne, as you could start with it, and It's main attack: Energy Short is only really useful against Yveltal-EX. Entertainment is a cool option though.
I think it would be an interesting idea to tech in a 2-2 Weavile line from Steam Siege. You could throw down some Muscle Band's on Latios-EX to try a turn one donk, and then use its ability to bring the Muscle Band to your hand, place down Latios Spirit Link until you evolve, and then put down Muscle Band to boost your damage by a little bit.
I notice this deck doesn't run Shaymin-EX. Unfortunately, this card is necessary for most decks to run smoothly, so I think you should put that it. You could add in a 1-1 Octillery line if you can't afford it, it would be better if you could throw in a 2-2, but that could clog the deck up a bit.
Here's what I would change, and then I'll explain why.

-1 Golbat
-1 Dedenne
-1 N
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Delinquent
-1 Xerosic
-1 AZ
-1 Sacred Ash
-3 Super Scoop Up
-4 Puzzle of Time
-1 Psychic Energy

+2 Weavile
+2 Sneasel
+2 Shaymin-EX
+1 Ninja Boy (Personal Preference)
+3 Devolution Spray
+2 VS Seeker
+2 Special Charge
+1 Trainers' Mail
+3 Muscle Band

I removed the Golbat and Dedenne, as you could use those cards in better ways, and the changes I'm suggesting are trying to make the deck more constant, and having a 3-3-2 line of Bats makes the deck more inconsistent in my opionion. N, Giovanni's Scheme, Delinquent, and Xerosic were removed as their kind of gimmicky supporters, and those spaces can be used better. Plus with the addition of more VS Seekers, you can bring out some of the supporters you want out faster. If you choose AZ or Ninja Boy is up to you, I would use Ninja Boy to prevent Shaymin, Sneasel, or Zubat starts, but AZ allows you to reuse Bats and pick up damaged Pokemon. Sacred Ash is a luxury card, and can clog up your deck, as your not trying to discard Pokemon, in decks like M Gardevoir-EX (Despair Ray,) M Rayquaza-EX, and Night March, it's useful as your either discarding Pokemon, or you need a lot of Pokemon on your bench. Super Scoop Up can be replaced with Devolution Spray for more efficient results. Puzzle of Time is better replaced with other cards that shuffle cards back into your deck. You won't want to be attacking with anything but Latios-EX or M Latios-EX, so Psychic energy is unnecessary, you could work fine with 11 energy cards.

I already explained why the Weavile, Sneasel, Shaymin-EX, and Muscle Band are good choices, but I'll explain the others. With Devolution Spray you can devolve your Crobat's and Golbat's, and you don't have to wait a turn before you can start placing down damage counters again, again personal preference, as you could use Super Scoop Up if you want. VS Seeker's just make most decks constant, so it is a pretty obvious choice in my opinion. With Sonic Ace discard energies, presumably Double Dragon Energies, you can use Special Charge to shuffle those back in your deck. Trainers' Mail speeds the deck up quicker, and is becoming a necessity for most decks to set-up quick. That's what I would change.

Here would be your new Deck-List:

M Latios-EX/Bats/Weavile
Pokemon (19)
3x M Latios-EX
3x Latios-EX
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Crobat
2x Golbat
3x Zubat
2x Weavile
2x Sneasel

Trainers (30)
4x Professor Sycamore
1x N
1x Lysandre
1x AZ/Ninja Boy

4x VS Seeker
4x Trainers' Mail
4x Ultra Ball
3x Devolution Spray
2x Mega Turbo
2x Special Charge
1x Escape Rope
3x Latios Spirit Link
3x Muscle Band

Energy (11)
4x Double Dragon Energy
4x Psychic Energy
3x Water Energy

Note: Their are three extra cards in that decklist, so you have to cut some cards out, your decision if you like this deck idea.

Last edited:
Like the idea of weavle, I will have to run it with no shaming (maybe an Octillery line) and 2 vs seeker based on my resources. Ninja boy I like and prove better than a In some terms. Do you think puzzles and hoopa for the main time till steam siege is legal for UK. Quick questions, could assault vest or bursting balloon do good? And could pokepuff do the sane

Like the idea of weavle, I will have to run it with no shaming (maybe an Octillery line) and 2 vs seeker based on my resources. Ninja boy I like and prove better than a In some terms. Do you think puzzles and hoopa for the main time till steam siege is legal for UK. Quick questions, could assault vest or bursting balloon do good? And could pokepuff do the sane

So in that case, we will remove the 2 VS Seekers, and still there will be two cards to remove to make it an even 60. A 1-1 Octillery line should be fine. Hoopa-EX and Puzzles would work until Steam Siege is legal. You could throw in a single tech Assault Vest and Bursting Balloon, I would remove a Psychic Energy and a Latios Spirit Link if you want to do that. Pokepuff would be a better option than Target Whistle in my opinion.

With Devolution Spray you can devolve your Crobat's and Golbat's, and you don't have to wait a turn before you can start placing down damage counters again,
yes you do. Devolution spray says the pokemon you devolved can't evolve on the same turn (likely because the previous stage is considered as coming into play that turn).

Also, my advice:
Mega latios can hit for 120 snipe damage, and as such is best suited (IMO) to sniping shaymins off your opponents bench. As such, muscle band is a fairly useless card, as it only adds damage to the active, and while this may be a good thing, M latios still does not posses the power to effectively deal with active, high HP threats. assault vest is the preferable card (again IMO) to muscle band, and you should probably run many ways to get the opponent's main threats out of the active slot.
Pokepuff would be a better option than Target Whistle in my opinion.
In this deck, I believe they run very well in tandem. a 2-3 pokepuff to target whistle distribution seems good to me, as you can pokepuff the opponent's shaymin onto their bench, ko them, then target whistle them back to ko them again. I would suggest cutting trainer's mail before vs seeker as the latter is much more useful throughout the game. Btw crobat is rotating, so I would cut them and add one more golbat to even out the damage spread (if you have one golbat and two zubats on you bench and devolve golbat, while you can't reevolve the original zubat, you can target the second/third one).

P.S.
AZ is also rotating, so ninja boy is probably better suited to the spot in the deck, but this entire comment is predicated on this deck being for post rotation standard. Also, good luck testing!

I agree on your thought on devolution spray, but i'll still run it for 2017 standard. To be honest i don't think i'll run this with bats after rotation, maybe something else like fright night yveltal, wobbuffet or clawitzer

Back