Collecting Reverse Holos & 1st Editions

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a spreadsheet of all existent Eeveelution cards and their 'parallels' (reverse holo, 1st edition / unlimited, promos, crosshatch, etc, etc). There's been quite some trouble so far, mostly pertaining to the existence of certain reverse holo and 1st Edition cards.

2. Which sets have reverse holos (whether it be mirror, energy symbol, or fireworks from Legendary Collection), for both English and Japanese? From what I gather, English RH's were produced beginning in Legendary Collection, but there are no mentions of Japanese RH's on the internet. I have only seen Japanese RH's from the HGSS era.

Any answers are much appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Found an answer to Q1 - on Pokébeach, no less. Q2 still stands.

Last edited:
Moves to Collector's as it's a more appropriate place for this question. ~Athena

For English cards, you're correct that they started with Legendary Collection and have been a staple since then, though designs have changed over the years.

For Japanese, I'm not too sure, since I'm only really familiar with Base-Gym and BW-on in the Japanese era. Reverse Holos (referred to as mirror holos in Japan) are not a standard thing in Japanese sets for the BW or XY sets, only appearing in EX Battle Boost, a reprint concept pack printed as a bridge gap between the BW and XY eras. The recent CP4 concept pack also was made entirely of mirror holo cards. However, neither of those sets contain Eeveelution cards, so that makes things easy on you at least. :p

Good luck in your search! :)

Thanks for the answer! I guess that means that mirror holos only possibly appear between Neo Genesis and CoL... a much easier range to work with. Thanks :)

Thanks for the answer! I guess that means that mirror holos only possibly appear between Neo Genesis and CoL... a much easier range to work with. Thanks :)

Mirror holos didn't exist until Diamond & Pearl, but reverse holos did not exist in any language before Legendary Collection, including the Neo Series. For Japanese cards, you should be looking at the first e-series set (the Japanese equivalent to Expedition), through the equivalent of Triumphant (as CoL was not released as a formal set in Japan, and I don't believe Lost Link would have been released with reverse holos, seeing as it was a side set).

~SS

Mirror holos didn't exist until Diamond & Pearl, but reverse holos did not exist in any language before Legendary Collection, including the Neo Series. For Japanese cards, you should be looking at the first e-series set (the Japanese equivalent to Expedition), through the equivalent of Triumphant (as CoL was not released as a formal set in Japan, and I don't believe Lost Link would have been released with reverse holos, seeing as it was a side set).

~SS
Thanks for the answer! Does that mean that every expansion between Jap-Expedition and Jap-Triumphant had mirror holos, or did only some have them? I'm trying to be extra sure, so bear with me :p

Thanks for the answer! Does that mean that every expansion between Jap-Expedition and Jap-Triumphant had mirror holos, or did only some have them? I'm trying to be extra sure, so bear with me :p

Actually, after browsing Bulbapedia for a while, it looks like I was wrong. Reverse holo cards did not appear in Japan until the HeartGold and SoulSilver Collections, so really all you have to worry about are the Eeveelutions from Reviving Legends.

~SS

Great! Seems like it's a rather rare occurrence in Japan as opposed to the English sets. Thanks for the answer!

P.S. Since the question is answered, can a mod please close? Thanks.

Back