Discussion The Rotation of Aromatisse XY on Fairy Deck Competitiveness

SaucySedcer

Aspiring Trainer
@Javi Blizz That definitely seems like the way to go currently. The only issue I am seeing with this deck is the Darkrai Giratina matchup, but I think it is definitely playable. Maybe when we get good tool removal again, I'll revisit Diancie and Sylveon. I feel like a deck focused around Diancie is definitely a potentially good deck especially with Fighting Fury Belt.

@Ms Hugo I still think Geomancy is fine, it forces your opponent to play the 7 prize game and is in general just a really good card.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I'm gonna try two things. Both of these decks I feel will be competitive in the next format

First deck
Tina/xernias/xernias break
Dde counts as fairy energy so there will be a lot of synergy between the break card and Tina.

Second deck
Xernias/xernias break/mew two ex/m mew two y

I'm not playing the dce I'm going to try and run it with max That way I can stack energy on xernias or M Mewtwo.

Yep. Those are my deviouse plans. I don't know if they are good plans but they are plans.

Gl

SaucySedcer

Aspiring Trainer
For testing purposes, this is my current build:

Pokemon: 15
  • 3 Xerneas- Your main energy accelerator, way to useful to run at 2, not good enough to run at 4
  • 1 Xerneas BREAK- A tech choice that is currently useful against Giratina and Carbink, and while both situations come up semi-frequently, I generally perfer to use Lysandre and Hex Maniac to get around their abilities.
  • 3 Gardevoir EX- You want to be able to have two of these in play as quick as possible, so you need to run 3 of Gardevoir EX, M Gardevoir and 3 Spirit Link. This allows you to keep playing even if some are prized.
  • 3 M Gardevoir EX
  • 2 Giratina EX- The main answer to M Raquaza, great attacker that can protect Fairy Garden, and amazing damage acceleration for Gardevoir.
  • 2 Shaymin EX- Needed for consistency and because you don't need a huge bench, playing one isn't going to hurt too bad. Can always Sky Return if you need to.
  • 1 Hoopa EX- Amazing card, can clog up the bench, but completely worth it.
Trainers: 31
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre- This and Hex Maniac generally solve all problems that can come our way.
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Mega Turbo- I way initially running 2 Mega Turbo and 4 Max Elixir, but I realized Mega Turbo is better because while it is more conditional, Mega Gardevoir is your main attacker, so you need to always have him be live. Also, late game, you generally end up with a lot of Fairy Energy in the discard, and this is the quickest way to make sure your Mega Gardevoir can attack.
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Super Rod- Mainly used as a way to get late game energies into the deck to get energy accelerate by Max Elixir and Geomancy.
  • 3 Fairy Garden- Might replace for another Trainers' Mail, but I feel like free retreat is so important to this deck's success.
Energy: 14

• 10 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Overall thoughts:

I really enjoy this deck, not only does it has raw strength, but it has a control aspect that was only found in old Toolbox versions. You can play under Garbodor easily, win the Rayquaza matchup, and be faster than the Dark version of this deck.

Edit: Formatting

Otaku

The wise fool?
Another thought, and this is me asking not saying "This is good!" because I literally just thought of it reading someone else's post in another thread is what about Togekiss (XY: Roaring Skies 46/108)?

SaucySedcer

Aspiring Trainer
Another thought, and this is me asking not saying "This is good!" because I literally just thought of it reading someone else's post in another thread is what about Togekiss (XY: Roaring Skies 46/108)?

I messed around with it some, and while it was super strong when it worked (Attached 3+ Energy), it was super inconsistent and generally lead to bricking. In an Aromatisse deck, I could see it working, but in a Gardevoir turbo deck, not so much.

AceTrainerAlex

Aspiring Trainer
@SaucySedcer what issues are you having with your build? Maybe not even issues, but what are some things that make you feel like it needs to be changed?

My build is pretty similar actually. Maybe it's just my poor luck, but I was finding it pretty tough to hit Max Elixirs (though I was only using 9 Fairy Energy).

Also, what are your thoughts on the Gardevoir and M Gardevoir from Steam Siege? I think I might have my M Gardevoirs in a 2-1 (PRC/SS). It's nice to be able to discard the Hoopa and Shaymins if I need to.

SaucySedcer

Aspiring Trainer
@AceTrainerAlex, well I can't really say I have any issues with the deck, it runs nicely. I feel like what is nice with the build is consistent performance. Occasionally you will miss an energy drop, not get out your Megas quickly, or have to stall behind Xerneas, but these aren't terrible flaws. You also, will never have to worry about having a lack of energy in play like you can with Darkrai.

Max Elixirs are kinda all luck, you can't really do too much to fix that. 10 Fairy Energy would help, but not too much. The big thing is to try to deck thin, by using Ultra Ball and Sycamore to get out bad cards from your hand, and then using N to draw up some more cards. Even this only helps out marginally. This is a big reason why I dropped this card from 4 to 3, it being used as a main energy accelerator is inconsistent. You don't need to hit all four types of Energy acceleration in one turn, that being Geomancy, Attach from Hand, Max Elixir, and Mega Turbo, you just need to make sure you are consistently putting down energy.

The new Basic EX seems pretty good, the second attack being able to one hit Shaymin, practically anything with Fairy Weakness, and most importantly, a Giratina with a Fighting Fury belt. The first attack is also good, however a bit conditional, I might miss the healing of the current one, but it never really mattered outside of the Seismitoad match. I will probably switch all to the new one, once the set gets released. I might switch some back, if Metal decks pick up steam, but until then, the new one is overall better. I don't think the new Mega is that good, while it does have the advantage of being able to hit for Weakness for Psychic and Fairy, it doesn't put out that much damage. The ability of being able to avoid your Shaymins and Hoopa being sniped is nice, but I like the consistency of 3 way to much. Might run if a Psychic weak deck comes up, besides that, probably not.