• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Golem Ex/Carbink BREAK

WindierWeavile

Breezing through life as a Weavile on a windy day.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 10

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
2 Carbink FAC 50
4 Golem-EX GEN 46

Trainer Cards - 40

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
4 Protection Cube FLF 95
2 Lysandre FLF 90
1 AZ PHF 117
2 Korrina FFI 95
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Xerosic PHF 110
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 Parallel City BKT 145
3 N FAC 105
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 10

4 Strong Energy FAC 115
6 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Strategy:
The goal of this deck is to discard energy using battle compressor and use Carbink BREAK to stream energy and Max Elixer to power up Golem Ex. Then with a Protection Cube attached, do 180+ damage (strong energy) with Golem Exs Megaton Fall attack without doing damage to yourself.

I've tested this deck a little and it seems pretty consistent for the most part. It just needs some clean up around the edges. What do you guys think should be put in here, or taken out?

While personally, I think Zygarde-EX with a Fighting Fury Belt would be a better attacker, I like Golem-EX, and think this could work. Here's what I would change.

-1 Golem-EX
-1 Protection Cube
-1 Lysandre
-1 Xerosic
-1 Parallel City

+1 Carbink
+1 Trainers' Mail
+1 VS Seeker
+1 Startling Megaphone
+1 Fighting Stadium

I don't think four copies of an EX card are really necessary, but I think having another Carbink would be helpful. It's also a nice wall against other EX's, including Jolteon-EX, which would give this deck a lot of trouble. Trainers' Mail and VS Seeker are just to make this deck more consistent. Startling Megaphone does half of Xerosic's job and does it better in my opinion, and your not wasting your supporter for the turn. Parallel City is nice, and this choice comes down to personal preference, but I think a single Fighting Stadium tech would make match-up's against Mega decks better. Just my opinion though, the deck is pretty rock solid (pun, definitely intended.)

Back